• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Defense, the Offense, and the Crabtree....

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
Last edited:

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
Funny, you wouldn’t know Crabtree had a more efficient day than Brown based off what everyone’s saying.
Crabtree has a better day than Brown but that’s because Brown was blanketed most of the day with his new warm Snuggie by Denzel Ward. It’s pretty fashionable. Seriously though Ward shut Brown down.
The blocked field goal was a mess. 6 over 4 on the left side and Ward goes untouched to the kicker. This is unacceptable.
I also notice that The browns Nose (65) absolutely demolished and discarded the Ravens blocker next to LS. (might have been Skura) but he ends up pressuring the middle and may have gotten a block had Ward not beaten him to it.
Their NT was doing well and getting in work and a big reason why we couldn’t run the ball.

I wanna call out CJ mosley too. He hasnt made an important play or game turning play since he came back. I was looking for him to do something.

Dissapointed in humphrey..he's a solid but beatable corner. Denzal Ward tho.....goodness..now that's a lockdown corner.
Ward looked fantastic. He really took away Brown. It caused a lot of issues for Joe because he was locked in on Brown.

I hope so, but they don't have a great record against them.

I looked it up, the series is tied at 11 and the pattern has been loss win loss win. The Ravens lost against them last year so maybe it's time for them to emerge victorious.
I don’t think history matters unless you’re talking Patriots or Steelers or another team with a long tenured coach like Reid. That’s why I don’t care about our history against Titans. If we lose it’ll be because of Pees knowing Flacco, which we’ve seen he [Pees] does well against former QB he practiced against so maybe.

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
Early on, Flacco was so predetermined to go to Crabtree that he doesn't even see the will come up to the line of scrimmage well before the ball is snapped, leaving the seam wide open for Andrews. That coverage is so vacated that you see Browns defenders pointing at Andrews AFTER the ball is snapped. A quick read and throw and Andrews probably gets 15.

I should mention that Flacco did hit Crabtree two yards shy of the sticks only to have him drop the pass. Still, It's very clear to me that Flacco had no interest in anything other than Crabtree and there is every reason that most quarterbacks see that and adjust.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Early on, Flacco was so predetermined to go to Crabtree that he doesn't even see the will come up to the line of scrimmage well before the ball is snapped, leaving the seam wide open for Andrews. That coverage is so vacated that you see Browns defenders pointing at Andrews AFTER the ball is snapped. A quick read and throw and Andrews probably gets 15.

I should mention that Flacco did hit Crabtree two yards shy of the sticks only to have him drop the pass. Still, It's very clear to me that Flacco had no interest in anything other than Crabtree and there is every reason that most quarterbacks see that and adjust.
Now I have no data or other evidence to prove this, but why does it feel that Flacco has a tendency to lock into a pass-catcher more often during a road game compared to a home game?

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
Now I have no data or other evidence to prove this, but why does it feel that Flacco has a tendency to lock into a pass-catcher more often during a road game compared to a home game?
Just my opinion but he seems less sure vs certain defenses. Teams that disguise and vary zone coverage tend to cause him to question what he sees to the point that he at times locks in on one read before the ball is even snapped.
Screen Shot 2018-10-07 at 10.38.37 PM.png

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Just my opinion but he seems less sure vs certain defenses. Teams that disguise and vary zone coverage tend to cause him to question what he sees to the point that he at times locks in on one read before the ball is even snapped.
Now this I agree with. However, I get the feeling that it may be the crowd noise that may bother him as well. I only bring this up simply because of the gap of comfortability I have with Flacco at home compared to on the road.

But damn........Andrews was wide open for sure. At least we got the first down two plays later.

jboy19

Pro Bowler
Actually had to mute the word "Browns" on twitter for the week. Too many dumbass hottakes being fired off irresponsibly.

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
Now this I agree with. However, I get the feeling that it may be the crowd noise that may bother him as well. I only bring this up simply because of the gap of comfortability I have with Flacco at home compared to on the road.

But damn........Andrews was wide open for sure. At least we got the first down two plays later.
We punted after that play.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
View attachment 1122
What it is... is that he doesnt even make the presnal adjustments nor read the defenses at all.