• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Defense, the Offense, and the Crabtree....

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
maybe they tried but they werent open? cant blame the coaches when the team
As a whole played terrible
Play calls have designs and progressions to get certain players open as primary targets, we’ve been doing that with TEs all year until today, and it’s inexcusable since this might be the best secondary and most aggressive D we’ve faced all year. The TEs weren’t just covered, they were barely used.

You can absolutely blame the play caller when numerous times we ran the ball twice in a row on 1st and 2nd down and had 3rd and 10 every freaking time.
Play calling ... but perhaps personnel too. This shot show needs to be the catalyst for change. If this doesn’t drive the shift to replacing Lewis with Hurst and getting Brown on the field. While it isn’t guaranteed to revive the run game but you have to change what is not working

To lose a FG battle when we have Tuck and they have whoever the fuck they have is a joke. Seems like we expect our opponent will just line up and watch Tuck kick it

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
I saw Hurst get absolutely walked back a few times. Granted, Garrett is a monster, but still.
I just don’t understand what they’re waiting for at this point. He’s a 1st round talent he needs to be on the damn field

JO_75

Hall of Famer
We play the Browns in week 17, so not only could their win today be the loss that makes us go into Week 17 needing a win again but the Browns could knock us out of the playoffs or even get in as a wild card by beating us.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
so ive been thinking back...
the ravens now havent scored a td in 7 quarters of football... in fact in those 7 quarters we've scored 7 field goals - that's it
That needs to improve big time since we have now played 21 qtrs

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
It is very weird that our TEs weren’t involved more. Especially considering joe loves them.

I blame Marty for this loss. He really sucked it up today. Other things contributed but he’s the main factor.
And to think I was going to give Marty credit for the playcalling against PIT. My, how quickly I was reminded why I wanted his bum ass GONE.

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
THIS is the type of B.S. I've been talking about over and over and over about the Ravens and why I oftentimes STRUGGLE to pick them to win a damn game against various opponents! THIS IS WHY RIGHT HERE! I can't trust these cats! They are consitent at being consistently up and down, up and down, up and down!

One minute they get you to believe the hype train by beating the likes of the Broncos and Steelers and THEN....their offense pisses the bed and they can't even score a damn TD against the Browns? Pathetic!

Yeah, Crabtree may have to go. He was not good today and he’s had issues for weeks now. It’s becoming a problem.

I wouldn’t call TEN hard nor would I call them easy. I think we can definitely beat them though. I’m not nearly as scared of them as I was the Browns today. They legit concern me but the Titans not as much. I think we’ll beat TEN, not sure I can feel it though (lol).
I don't think Tennesse's defense is a push-over. I don't think Cleveland is all that much better then them there. I can't say I'm convinced but then again they did limit the Saints to 21 when it should've been 18 at the Super Dome.

I’m going to Nashville for next weeks game. Was all ready to head there riding high at 4-1 looking to see if we could sweep a 3 game road trip.

This bullshit game took all the wind out of it. With other results from today our ability to win the division took a massive hit. This game coming up is critical to get the train back on the tracks and get us a win over a wild card contender ... which is what we may end up fighting for.

Also, Joe needs to stop being lazered on guys like Brown and Crabtree. Brown only brought in 4 of 14 targets and Crabtree was 6 rec on 12 targets. Just totally ineffecient.

I saw something when we signed Crabtree and PFF didn't particularly grade Crabtree all that well. I didn't understand why, but now I see it. When you factor in the drops, lack of seperation, and severe lack of YAC, it kind of makes sense. I don't think he's an effecient player at all. I can't get upset at Brown because he's a deep threat, but targeting Crabtree too much is just ineffecient. Snead needs more looks and so does Buck Allen in the passing game.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Also, Joe needs to stop being lazered on guys like Brown and Crabtree. Brown only brought in 4 of 14 targets and Crabtree was 6 rec on 12 targets. Just totally ineffecient.

I saw something when we signed Crabtree and PFF didn't particularly grade Crabtree all that well. I didn't understand why, but now I see it. When you factor in the drops, lack of seperation, and severe lack of YAC, it kind of makes sense. I don't think he's an effecient player at all. I can't get upset at Brown because he's a deep threat, but targeting Crabtree too much is just ineffecient. Snead needs more looks and so does Buck Allen in the passing game.
Same with Moore. He needs to be much more involved

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
THIS is the type of B.S. I've been talking about over and over and over about the Ravens and why I oftentimes STRUGGLE to pick them to win a damn game against various opponents! THIS IS WHY RIGHT HERE! I can't trust these cats! They are consitent at being consistently up and down, up and down, up and down!

One minute they get you to believe the hype train by beating the likes of the Broncos and Steelers and THEN....their offense pisses the bed and they can't even score a damn TD against the Browns? Pathetic!
Normally your posts like these piss me off but this time I must say, you are right lol

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
Wtf are you guys watching? Crab is a very good route runner and gets open with ease. There’s no lack of separation. Sorry I forgot every WR is supposed to be Julio Jones and be open every freaking play

Tank

Hall of Famer

Yeah I think the big talk and plan from the beginning was to try to feature Crabtree as our #1. Brown has become much better than anticipated and Snead can certainly be effective in the slot. Need to forget about having a true #1 and work a plan to feature the TEs, use our strengths and attack rather than simply trying to maintain possession.

Today it often seemed they were playing to not lose rather than playing to win. As we’ve seen in the past that’s a losers game plan. I’m mean really, if we’re going to fail at least do so trying. Our offense today was mostly an easy read and easy to defend. What happened to the imaginative play calling from most of last week? Seems they went conservative late in that game and just continued the theme today.

I will say though things looked decent at the start, crisp rhythm and moved the ball pretty well, only to have the drive killing drops on 3rd down. Seemed to just suck the life right out of the game.

Last edited: