• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Defense, the Offense, and the Crabtree....

arnie_uk

Veteran
I
Of all the things you decide to simply sit back and critique my vernacular. I know I swear too much, obviously never in a truly professional setting but it's something I'm working on. I may only be getting slightly better but that's it. You in particular have been critiquing me from the beggining and I typically ignore it and just move on with my life, but honestly, it's been almost a decade. Even going from the days since I was "Mr. Irrelevant" on the old forum, and all I will ask is, don't you have anything better to do? Seriously?

Whatever dude. I've been trying to curse less. Find something to actually worthwhile to do.
I read the post. There wasn't much wrong with it. The profanity jumped out like a sore thumb though hence the comment.

Id imagine in this day and age itd offend some people

Fyi. I critique / discuss the post not the poster as do those who discuss / critique my own

arnie_uk

Veteran
I don’t think crab doesn’t give a shit, but I also think something needs to happen with his hands, he’s just a really laid back kinda guy until you piss him off(talib, Sherman). I don’t think he’s a busy signing like maclin, I think he’s just having some struggles right now that he’s gonna work through
And he is putting the work in with flacco and the juggs machine after practice already. Shows he wants to fix it

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
I

I read the post. There wasn't much wrong with it. The profanity jumped out like a sore thumb though hence the comment.

Id imagine in this day and age itd offend some people

Fyi. I critique / discuss the post not the poster as do those who discuss / critique my own
There mere act of being a Baltimore Ravens fan offends some people and this is the first complaint I've gotten about it. Admittedly I was considering asking the staff adding a profanity filter(though I wouldn't give warnings out), but the point is, it's an unnecessary criticism overall. A lot of us have potty mouths for better or for worse and if you think this is bad, I am pretty sure you are a member at RSR where it is literally a cesspool of nonsense. We are doing our best to make the community more professional. I will bring it up to the staff if it deeply offends you.

ALI624

Pro Bowler
There mere act of being a Baltimore Ravens fan offends some people and this is the first complaint I've gotten about it. Admittedly I was considering asking the staff adding a profanity filter(though I wouldn't give warnings out), but the point is, it's an unnecessary criticism overall. A lot of us have potty mouths for better or for worse and if you think this is bad, I am pretty sure you are a member at RSR where it is literally a cesspool of nonsense. We are doing our best to make the community more professional. I will bring it up to the staff if it deeply offends you.
Just start all your posts that have profanity in it with “earmuffs.”

O

OriolesMagicPlease

LMAO!!!

arnie_uk

Veteran
It doesn't offend me as i (think) i already said. It was just a lot to wade through to get to your point

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
It doesn't offend me as i (think) i already said. It was just a lot to wade through to get to your point
I don't think the board needs a filter, either, but I do agree with you- the level of profanity in some posts is a huge detractor to me. I have a fairly foul mouth in person, but you'll rarely, if ever, see my type out profanities in a setting like this where EVERYONE can see. It just doesn't add anything to a discussion and can even make a person sound dumber than they are.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Even if we don’t add a profanity filter, I think the Washington Redskins should be automatically altered to Potomac Drainage Basin and that has nothing to do the Redskins name, which I am totally against changing in real life.

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
I don't think the board needs a filter, either, but I do agree with you- the level of profanity in some posts is a huge detractor to me. I have a fairly foul mouth in person, but you'll rarely, if ever, see my type out profanities in a setting like this where EVERYONE can see. It just doesn't add anything to a discussion and can even make a person sound dumber than they are.
I would NEVER type out profanities

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Of all the things you decide to simply sit back and critique my vernacular. I know I swear too much, obviously never in a truly professional setting but it's something I'm working on. I may only be getting slightly better but that's it. You in particular have been critiquing me from the beggining and I typically ignore it and just move on with my life, but honestly, it's been almost a decade. Even going from the days since I was "Mr. Irrelevant" on the old forum, and all I will ask is, don't you have anything better to do? Seriously?

Whatever dude. I've been trying to curse less. Find something to actually worthwhile to do.
They’re fucking sentence enhancers and they add flavor to a dull language, fuck off. I was raised by south Baltimore gen-x’ers which means every other word is fuck, I can’t help it, and I don’t care who doesn’t like it, sue me.

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
They’re fucking sentence enhancers and they add flavor to a dull language, fuck off. I was raised by south Baltimore gen-x’ers which means every other word is fuck, I can’t help it, and I don’t care who doesn’t like it, sue me.
You’ll be hearing from my mothafuckin lawyers asshole

arnie_uk

Veteran
It was helped it on the old board by everyone..

arnie_uk

Veteran
I only use it on special occasions in text...like interceptions at the goal line.

I speak them quite regularly though but rarely type them

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
I only use it on special occasions in text...like interceptions at the goal line.

I speak them quite regularly though but rarely type them
I actually type it more than i speak it oddly enough. I imagine I’m in the minority though.

Most of my profanity does happen during the games etc though. Especially last Sunday night...lol

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
I’m ashamed of it and I’m not offended lol. Just can’t help it all the time. But if it’s benefical for the community I’ll stop.

I do tend to agree that instituting a filter would be unnecessary but if it makes the site better I’ll stop