• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

NHL Thread

It's up to the Hurricanes to prevent a potential Boston Championship Triple Crown. Hope they can do it, Boston doesn't need anymore championship parades.
Crazy to think there was a time when I actually rooted for Boston teams. I rooted for the Bruins (but not enthusiastically) when they were in their hay-day in the early 70s. Rooted for the Bird and the Celtics over Magic and the Lakers. Rooted for the Sox when they had nothing but heartbreak (especially when the played the Yanks) and rooted for the Pats when they played the Rams.

15 years and a bucket load of championships later - after seeing what twats so many Boston area fans have become - I either root against their teams or, if they play another hated team (like the Yanks or the Steelers) then I pretty much just check out.

Looks like the Bucks are taking down the Celts, which will be nice. I'd like to see Irving split and the team to blow up.

Screw em all. Go Canes.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Bruins vs The Blues in the Stanley Cup Finals. Can St. Louis do the one thing their former team who resides in LA couldn't do? Stop a Boston team from winning a Championship?

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Bruins vs The Blues in the Stanley Cup Finals. Can St. Louis do the one thing their former team who resides in LA couldn't do? Stop a Boston team from winning a Championship?
I don't hate the Bruins, but LET'S GO BLUES in large part of them beating the Sharks.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Congratulations to the Blues. Back to back years now that teams won the Stanley Cup for the first time.

A lot of first time champions in sports these days and just this decade in general. Seahawks & Eagles won their first Super Bowl Championships, Capitals and Blues win their first Stanley Cup, Astros won their first World Series Championship and a lot of championship droughts ending as well. Royals ending their drought in 2015, Cubs ended their 107 year streak. Now if the only Orioles can end their soon to be 40 year drought.

Go easy on Boston. It's been a whole four months since they won anything.

Nope, we all know the pain of not winning the NBA Finals and Stanley Cup will be erased by a easy division title and probably another Super Bowl appearance. They deserve to know what it's like to lose...... tell Harbaugh to start working his Voo Doo.

Tank

Hall of Famer
Once again it proves out that goal tending is the difference maker. The rookie Biddington stood on his head throughout the finals. Congrats to the Blues!

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Randomly came across the video from the NHL Draft last night where their commissioner was just as badly booed on stage much like Roger Goodell. At least Goodell embraces the hate he gets from us, this guy just brings out two former players. At least I know sports fans hate all sports commissioners lol.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Went to my very first hockey game only to watch my beloved Kings choke and YET AGAIN come up short in Tampa.

Tank

Hall of Famer
Went to my very first hockey game only to watch my beloved Kings choke and YET AGAIN come up short in Tampa.
Sorry your team lost, TB has been playing well this year. Hope you still enjoyed it.
Completely different live, you really get to appreciate the speed of the game.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Sorry your team lost, TB has been playing well this year. Hope you still enjoyed it.
Completely different live, you really get to appreciate the speed of the game.
Atmosphere was great, no doubt. And it is true. When it comes to hockey, there's isn't a bad seat in the arena.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
I hope the NBA follows this format for their return....

NHL-playoff-tournament-2020.jpeg