1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome Guest, thanks for stopping by. Be sure to sign up if you haven't already done so!
    Dismiss Notice

NHL Thread

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by Dom McRaven, Oct 7, 2018.

1. cobrajet

cobrajet Ravens Ring of Honor

It was nice to get out today for happy hour and watch the Caps and the Orioles at the same time and both get the wins. A very enjoyable day!

• Like Like x 2
  2. cobrajet

Damn, I hate the Pens but don’t want the Isles to sweep them. Can’t make things too easy....lol.

3. Tank

Tank Ravens Ring of Honor

Any other team(well, maybe bruins too) and I would feel the same, but f*** the pens. Pull out the broom.

4. cobrajet

I would agree with you but I don’t want the Isles to have a cakewalk, then a little rest. They are going to be tough to beat in the Caps next series.

5. Tank

If they both go through that’ll be a huge matchup huh. Trotzy facing the team he took to the Cup now coached by one of his former assistants. And he completely turned the Isles around. Pretty amazing story.

6. cobrajet

I agree, it is an interesting turn of events.

7. Tank

Caps getting whooped in Carolina. Looking terrible.

8. cobrajet

Damn Ovie knocked that 19 year old out cold.

9. Tank

Yeah I’m not sure what kind of Russian that guy spoke but Ovie was pissed.

10. Dom McRaven

Dom McRaven Ravens Ring of Honor

And he sounded so nice afterwards LOL

11. Tank

upload_2019-4-16_22-10-0.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  12. cobrajet

If you would have told me both the Lightning and the Pens would get swept in the playoffs, I would not have believed it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Tank

Guessing your friend ain’t too happy. lol

14. Dom McRaven

Dom McRaven Ravens Ring of Honor

Two of my friends who are Bolts fans are depressed AF. I legit feel bad for them because I got nothing against the Lightning. Go Jets Go though!

15. Tank

Much like what it seems the Caps are facing some of now, I think TB got too cocky and thought they were going to coast through on their regular season rep. I hope the Caps wake up.

There's nothing in professional sports like the grind of the NHL playoffs. Nothing.

16. Tank

Caps played much better last night but still lost a close one in NC. Maybe more importantly they also lost Oshie for what looks to be long period of time when he crashed awkwardly into the boards on a cheap crosscheck to the back. That's a big hit to the squad, but they rallied last year when Backstrom was out for 4 games. Also look for the guy that put that cheap hit on Oshie to be suspended.

We'll see what happens, ain't lookin' too good right now.

edit. No suspension for Fogel. He better keep his head on a swivel.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2019 at 5:14 PM
  17. Tank

Caps respond at home like a defending Cup Champion should. Hopefully they carry that intensity into Carolina Monday.