• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

NHL Thread

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
turrible, and the beginning of the end. Hopefully they TCB at home Wednesday.
Yeah, I was not in a good mood last night. We did not play well at all. Unfortunately I have tickets for a minor league baseball game tomorrow night, but maybe that is a good thing.....lol.

Tank

Hall of Famer
Caps got tired in double OT but almost pulled it out. 4 1/2 hour game! Holtby didn't play his best. Canes hung tough though and deserved the win. Should be a good series between them and Isles and I'll be pulling for Trotzy.

All of the division winners are now out of the tournament, pretty crazy.

Last edited:

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
Caps got tired in double OT but almost pulled it out. 4 1/2 hour game! Holtby didn't play his best. Canes hung tough though and deserved the win. Should be a good series between them and Isles and I'll be pulling for Trotzy.

All of the division winners are now out of the tournament, pretty crazy.
I am going to hang my hat on the fact that it would have been hard to beat the Isles after they had a week's rest and we would have went seven games ending in double OT. That would have been a very difficult series and losing Oshie did not help us at all.

Tank

Hall of Famer
I am going to hang my hat on the fact that it would have been hard to beat the Isles after they had a week's rest and we would have went seven games ending in double OT. That would have been a very difficult series and losing Oshie did not help us at all.
I’m gonna hang my hat on the fact I’ll get more sleep the next six weeks. lol

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
I can't believe what I've seen so far...
The uncertainty on a GAME TO GAME BASIS makes it beautiful. Defending champs.....OUT. Runner up......OUT after choking 3-0 lead. Lightning with best record......SWEPT. Like wtf is this shit?

Josepho

Practice Squad
Hockey is a random and dumb sport.

It's gonna be annoying watching every analyst try to make up some dumb and arbitrary reason why all these high seeds got knocked out when it was just a matter of squads like Calgary/TB having a slump at a shitty time.

I've had trouble caring about this 2nd round since most of the teams are boring as hell and there are no legitimate rivalries going on. I thought Vegas/Colorado would've been really fun but the Knights got completely fucked over with that call.

Last edited:

Tank

Hall of Famer
Goaltender play(great and not so great) usually has a huge impact in the playoffs.

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
I can’t believe, after a tough seven game series with the Caps and game 7 going to double OT, the Canes sweep the Islanders so handily. Even the Blue Jackets are holding tough against Boston. I should have given these WC teams more respect!

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
I can’t believe, after a tough seven game series with the Caps and game 7 going to double OT, the Canes sweep the Islanders so handily. Even the Blue Jackets are holding tough against Boston. I should have given these WC teams more respect!
Shame on you sir. I don't know much about hockey, but what I DO know is that this shit is unpredictable AF.

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
Shame on you sir. I don't know much about hockey, but what I DO know is that this shit is unpredictable AF.
I am starting to get keenly aware of that brother, but as a Caps fan things used to be so predictable we would lose to the Pens over and over in the playoffs like I was in the movie Groundhog Day...lol.

I'm in NC and I'm guilty as hell of being a total Canes bandwagoner. I've watched more hockey in the past month than I have since I had a thing for the Bruins a million years ago when Orr, Esposito and Sanderson were playing.

No doubt most people here would have been happy with a playoff entry and to put up a good fight against the reigning champs. After the absolute destruction of the Islanders and watching the way they're playing together and the goal work they're getting - they have moved into the ranks of legit contenders for the Cup.

Hockey is a random and dumb sport.

It's gonna be annoying watching every analyst try to make up some dumb and arbitrary reason why all these high seeds got knocked out when it was just a matter of squads like Calgary/TB having a slump at a shitty time.

I've had trouble caring about this 2nd round since most of the teams are boring as hell and there are no legitimate rivalries going on. I thought Vegas/Colorado would've been really fun but the Knights got completely fucked over with that call.
You say most of the teams have been boring, I'd have to think the Canes been an exception. It seems to me they are playing some pretty exciting hockey and their arena is pretty electric. Granted Islanders mailed it in after they got down in game 4, but otherwise, Canes games have been worth watching.

Tank

Hall of Famer
I am starting to get keenly aware of that brother, but as a Caps fan things used to be so predictable we would lose to the Pens over and over in the playoffs like I was in the movie Groundhog Day...lol.
and over, and over...... lol

JO_75

Hall of Famer
It's up to the Hurricanes to prevent a potential Boston Championship Triple Crown. Hope they can do it, Boston doesn't need anymore championship parades.