• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

(Never) Too Early Prospect Watch

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
i know it seems obvious but i would hope we both do and dont have a shot at drafting mincah fitzpatrick next year - might have been my favourite bama guy to watch last year
Is he the one who can play corner and safety?

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
One guy who's caught my attention is Tyquan Lewis from OSU. He plays DE but I'm wondering, with his compact build, if he could play in an elephant role in a 3-4. He has surprising flexibility to turn the corner, but also quick hands and of course with his frame a deadly bullrush. Can defend the run, and I don't know how he would fare from a 2-point stance but I've read that he could do it.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
If Correa doesnt work well at ILB. Micah Kiser out of Vurginia would be a perfect fit for us
ive developed quite the man crush on Malik Jefferson. Also Steven Taylor. These guys are flat out playmakers. I'd love to see what a future lb corps would look like having Judon, Mosley, Jefferson, Taylor, bowser, and twill, bring 6 standup rushers every 3rd down!

Totally ridiculous notion, I know. But a fun thought. Those 2 are a lot of fun to watch. Everytime I watch bowser film I keep noticing Taylor and thinking he may be the better of the 2

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
ive developed quite the man crush on Malik Jefferson. Also Steven Taylor. These guys are flat out playmakers. I'd love to see what a future lb corps would look like having Judon, Mosley, Jefferson, Taylor, bowser, and twill, bring 6 standup rushers every 3rd down!

Totally ridiculous notion, I know. But a fun thought. Those 2 are a lot of fun to watch. Everytime I watch bowser film I keep noticing Taylor and thinking he may be the better of the 2
Didn't Taylor declare for the draft this year?

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
Damn he did, and went undrafted! His film led me to believe he was declaring next year because he's got second round film from the little I've seen. Wow
Yeah I get you, I really liked him too. Reminded me of Dont'a Hightower a lot.

Sidenote: Anyone knows a centerfield FS that is expected to be drafted high?

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
Your post made me want to watch him, so I checked his Rutgers game. I didn't expect the Rutgers OL to be good but he did everything to them. Damn he's really really good.
I still see a little bit of rawness to his game but he is a specimin. Hes super strong and has traits to be a dominant DT. Im excited to see a more developed Vita Vea this season

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
Speaking of Vita Vea. Just watched his Arizona tape. At 1:55 you see the big man run down the feild.....keep in mind hes at least 340

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
I still see a little bit of rawness to his game but he is a specimin. Hes super strong and has traits to be a dominant DT. Im excited to see a more developed Vita Vea this season
My only worry with him is his arm length, which is usually the difference between a DT that can or cannot rush the passer. But for our scheme which doesn't want its DTs to fire gaps but rather to collapse the pocket and keep contain, I think he is the epithomy of what we ask our DIs to do.

You said he is pretty raw, I can agree to an extent. It's true his natural strength and explosiveness off the snap could warrant 1st round grade alone, but he also has a pretty good sense of leverage (especially for a 6'5 guy!) and already has some pass rush moves (namely a nice swim from what I've seen, aside from his otherwordly bullrush).

I don't know if he is the second coming of Ngata but it's hard to not compare them honestly. Same measurables I believe, same insane strength, same versatility...

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
My only worry with him is his arm length, which is usually the difference between a DT that can or cannot rush the passer. But for our scheme which doesn't want its DTs to fire gaps but rather to collapse the pocket and keep contain, I think he is the epithomy of what we ask our DIs to do.

You said he is pretty raw, I can agree to an extent. It's true his natural strength and explosiveness off the snap could warrant 1st round grade alone, but he also has a pretty good sense of leverage (especially for a 6'5 guy!) and already has some pass rush moves (namely a nice swim from what I've seen, aside from his otherwordly bullrush).

I don't know if he is the second coming of Ngata but it's hard to not compare them honestly. Same measurables I believe, same insane strength, same versatility...
Ya thats what i see too. He really does remind me of ngata. Although he seems to carry a littke extra weight so i think he can get stronger even. Maybe even BWill big

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
i know we logically should address the offense in this draft, but if there is one spot id call a question mark at this point, its the 5T. i like wormley better at 3T, urban doesnt magically stop being an injury concern because of one healthy year and is still a question of talent/consistency, kaufusi im just not too big on, the upside is real but i consider him a longshot at actually realizing the potential, hes been out of football a year and was never in the best shape to begin with and plays weaker than youd expect.

so that leads me to this... bradley chubb. watched him for the first time and holy hell, this boy looks like a monster 5T in our system. i shouldnt be asking for another DL in this draft but goddamn id like to see him with the front we currently have. there would officially be no way to stop us.