• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Next Up: @ Bengals

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator
What's crazy about this game is this is the earliest we play at the Bengals during the season since 2018...................when we played them in week 2 as well.
That was my senior hs photo day and I’m wearing my cj Mosley jersey in them all. What a let down that game was

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator
A reason I hate the bengals so much is we never get revenge. 2017 they knock us out week 17 and we respond in 2018 w2 by getting blown out. 2021 they talk hella trash and stomp us 41-17 in our healthy game. 2022 playoff repeat. I expect us to get our asses handed to us to be honest.

No chance our line holds up and burrow will have a bounce back game

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
But that game was in Baltimore though. I would know because that was the very first Ravens game I've ever been to. I was only talking about the Ravens at Bengals games.
oh I know and you were talking about week 2. I only brought up the November game because it was Lamar's first start.

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor
A reason I hate the bengals so much is we never get revenge. 2017 they knock us out week 17 and we respond in 2018 w2 by getting blown out. 2021 they talk hella trash and stomp us 41-17 in our healthy game. 2022 playoff repeat. I expect us to get our asses handed to us to be honest.

No chance our line holds up and burrow will have a bounce back game
Yea they seem to win the more iconic games. It’s long forgotten but we did eliminate them in 2011, the Ray Rice game. And of course MNF opener 2012, but not a lot of great since, though we have blown them out a handful of times.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
At this point in the year last season we had our corners on a snap count and were torched by Miami ... atleast in the 2nd half
Was talking specifically to the Bengals games.
First game was week 5. We gave up 17 points in a win.
Marlon and Peters played 100%. Hamilton played very little, and based on the snap counts, I believe Marcus Williams got injured during this game, since he only played like half the snaps. Pepe played 75% of snaps on defense. Josh Bynes and JPP had heavy snap volume.
No Ojabo, no Roquan, and a lot less of Hamilton.

Week 17 and the playoff game we had largely "fully" healthy defenses. We gave up 20 and 17 points in those games, also.

So basically MM held them to 20 points or less in three straight meetings last year. I think our defense today is at least on-par with the D in the first matchup.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Was talking specifically to the Bengals games.
First game was week 5. We gave up 17 points in a win.
Marlon and Peters played 100%. Hamilton played very little, and based on the snap counts, I believe Marcus Williams got injured during this game, since he only played like half the snaps. Pepe played 75% of snaps on defense. Josh Bynes and JPP had heavy snap volume.
No Ojabo, no Roquan, and a lot less of Hamilton.

Week 17 and the playoff game we had largely "fully" healthy defenses. We gave up 20 and 17 points in those games, also.

So basically MM held them to 20 points or less in three straight meetings last year. I think our defense today is at least on-par with the D in the first matchup.
Not sure I trust this defense to play on-par on the road compared to our healthy defense of last season. Maybe if Marlon was playing, I'd feel a bit more confident.

This just seems like a defense that plays well at home and mediocre on the road. I'm totally aware that we're only into week 2 but still.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
Not sure I trust this defense to play on-par on the road compared to our healthy defense of last season. Maybe if Marlon was playing, I'd feel a bit more confident.

This just seems like a defense that plays well at home and mediocre on the road. I'm totally aware that we're only into week 2 but still.
I mean I can't say anything about the '23 defense.

If you look at last years defense, which is different but not like dramatically different, there really wasn't any disparities between home vs road splits. If anything slightly better on the road.

Splits by Game Location​

Game Location#PlToGoYdsAttYdsY/ATD1DCmpAttCmp%YdsY/ATDIntSk1DRateANY/A
RushingPassing
Home4908.305.422078624.245317626366.919287.396208890.36.5All Home Opponent plays
Away5578.275.131997043.573821833066.123247.01182811887.56.1All Away Opponent plays

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator
Yea they seem to win the more iconic games. It’s long forgotten but we did eliminate them in 2011, the Ray Rice game. And of course MNF opener 2012, but not a lot of great since, though we have blown them out a handful of times.
2011 didn’t elimate them cuz they lost to Houston I recall. The middling years or the dark ages (15-17) they owned us. I’ll never forget the BS pi on Steve smith

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator
I keep going back and forth on this game. Ofc I want to win badly. At the same time, it’s on the road and we’re not healthy. Do you risk marks future health for a chance?

On the other hand, knocking cincy to 0-2 espically in the division with our home game remaining is HUGE to win the north and make the SB.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
2011 didn’t elimate them cuz they lost to Houston I recall. The middling years or the dark ages (15-17) they owned us. I’ll never forget the BS pi on Steve smith
I'm still pissed we lost to the Patriots in the divisional playoffs back in 2014. No reason we should have lost 2 14 point leads to the Cheatriots. We definitely would have beat the 'Baltimore' Colts the next week.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
So are we thinking andrews plays but no marlon still?
Think so, yes.
I'd say Marlon has a very small chance of playing. Back-to-back DNPs is usually a bad sign.

Considering Marlon hasn't practiced in like a month, my guess is he'll need probably two weeks or practice before playing. So I would say he's unlikely at the moment for next week also.

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor
I'm still pissed we lost to the Patriots in the divisional playoffs back in 2014. No reason we should have lost 2 14 point leads to the Cheatriots. We definitely would have beat the 'Baltimore' Colts the next week.
That game was the one that hurt the most until the 2019 Titans. Last years wildcard hurt but not too much considering we weren’t going all the way with Huntley, would have made it awkward for Lamar though