• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Next Up: vs Colts

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
Yeah I mean reading the tea leaves... signing Drake to PS means they're concerned about his status, so he's probably closer to out.
Oweh left the stadium in a walking boot apparently, but hard to tell whether that's precautionary or not.
Not sure if OBJ will end up missing time or not, but reports are its a mild issue. My guess is he'll be back to an LP either tomorrow or Friday and play Sunday.
Bring on Mitchell !!! A few weeks left for him right ?

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator
This is the trappiest trap game I've ever seen- coming off our Super Bowl with 2 trips to division rivals the next two weeks it must be hard to get hyped up for this. we played amazing in Cincy, but you have to figure all these superstars being out will really hurt if we dont start fast and sharp.

I'd rather play Richardson then minshew who in my opinion is one of if not the best backup in the league. It's never made sense to me how you can start a guy like Kenny Pickett over minshew.

we can still beat them and should, but I think its way more of a tucker game winner than a blowout or offensive true breakout game

Last edited:

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor
This is the trappiest trap game I've ever seen- coming off our Super Bowl with 2 trips to division rivals the next two weeks it must be hard to get hyped up for this. we played amazing in Cincy, but you have to figure all these superstars being out will really hurt if we dont start fast and sharp.

I'd rather play Richardson then minshew who in my opinion is one of if not the best backup in the league. It's never made sense to me how you can start a guy like Kenny Pickett over minshew.
Wow Lamar has 7 Super Bowls

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
definitely a chance of rain during the game
Yeah, I saw that. Well, we definitely will be bringing our ponchos to the game with us just in case. We'll be ready!

GO RAVENS!!

QtR Nevermore

Pro Bowler

we can still beat them and should, but I think its way more of a tucker game winner than a blowout or offensive true breakout game
This isn't going to be easy at all.

Buckner's looking great this season and he'll be going against Mustipher and 2 Guards who have struggled at times this season.

Their offense has looked surprisingly good too. Steichen's a good play caller who can find your weaknessses in game and go after them.

Minshew's a good back up but I'd much rather face him than Richardson, who's already looking better than Lamar or Allen did as rookies. With how easily Howell and Stroud gain yards on the ground against us, I don't want to imagine what a real runner could do.

QtR Nevermore

Pro Bowler
Also, the injuries.

The #1 Corner, the #1, 2, & 3 Nickels, Safety #1 & 3, The #1 & 2 Pass Rushers. The #1 RB, the Center and Left tackle, WR #3. Am I missing anyone?

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
Also, the injuries.

The #1 Corner, the #1, 2, & 3 Nickels, Safety #1 & 3, The #1 & 2 Pass Rushers. The #1 RB, the Center and Left tackle, WR #3. Am I missing anyone?
a) it's too early to rule some of these guys out
b) I'm lost on who some of these are
Who is Safety # 3? And who is Pass rusher #2?

QtR Nevermore

Pro Bowler
a) it's too early to rule some of these guys out
b) I'm lost on who some of these are
Who is Safety # 3? And who is Pass rusher #2?
Safety #3 - I'd heard Geno was out, but I just checked yesterday's injury report and he wasn't on it, so that's good news.
Pass Rusher #2 is either Bowser or Oweh, depending how you rank them.

Just remembered that I forgot about
RB #3 - Justice Hill

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
This isn't going to be easy at all.

Buckner's looking great this season and he'll be going against Mustipher and 2 Guards who have struggled at times this season.

Their offense has looked surprisingly good too. Steichen's a good play caller who can find your weaknessses in game and go after them.

Minshew's a good back up but I'd much rather face him than Richardson, who's already looking better than Lamar or Allen did as rookies. With how easily Howell and Stroud gain yards on the ground against us, I don't want to imagine what a real runner could do.
Richardson was named the starter in camp and got all the snaps. Flacco was the starter and he got the majority of the snaps over Lamar. Richardson also has Steichen as his play caller vs Roman. That being said, I thought Roman was fine for Lamar in the first couple years, but we needed to upgrade after the 2020 season.

So glad we can see Lamar in a modern offense, with real spread concepts AND weapons.

QtR Nevermore

Pro Bowler
Richardson was named the starter in camp and got all the snaps. Flacco was the starter and he got the majority of the snaps over Lamar. Richardson also has Steichen as his play caller vs Roman. That being said, I thought Roman was fine for Lamar in the first couple years, but we needed to upgrade after the 2020 season.

So glad we can see Lamar in a modern offense, with real spread concepts AND weapons.
Agreed, on everything.

I'm not saying Richardson is going to be better than Lamar or anything, just that he's looking better in his first couple of career games than Lamar did in his early starts.

The only conclusion I'm drawing from that is that Richardson seems very promising and Colts fans are probably very happy with the pick.

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor
Agreed, on everything.

I'm not saying Richardson is going to be better than Lamar or anything, just that he's looking better in his first couple of career games than Lamar did in his early starts.

The only conclusion I'm drawing from that is that Richardson seems very promising and Colts fans are probably very happy with the pick.
Colts also did not have a franchise QB established like we did

JAAM

Hall of Famer