• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Lamar Jackson, the Cincinnati Bengals, and the Walt Coleman

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
What pissed me off most was Marvin fucking Lewis crying about Lamar's future as a runner! He got bamboozled and cried sour grapes in his first game back as DC! 265 yards of poop! Eat it punk!

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...-lewis-talks-running-qbs-after-lamar-shreds-d
Marvin needs to lay off the salt because ol’ boy sounds like he’s salty as Hell after Lamar just made his defense that he coordinated look Pop Warner. I don’t know why he felt the need to say running QB don’t last long lol. I guess he’s pissed after yesterday
Man I just posted the same exact thing just now before seeing your post. It gnawed at me all night! I was livid at that piece of human dung for trying to shit on Lamar's running to cover his own inadequacy as DC!

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
What pissed me off most was Marvin fucking Lewis crying about Lamar's future as a runner! He got bamboozled and cried sour grapes in his first game back as DC! 265 yards of poop! Eat it punk!
I honestly didn't have a problem with his comments. He's not wrong. I only want Lamar if he has an opening and DAMMIT he needs to learn how to slide.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Really? I feel like it's the opposite, I've only heard people within Baltimore talk about Mosley being elite and near Kuechly's level. He's not that hard to figure out. He's great against the run and communicating calls, decent in zone coverage, but ask him to cover 1-on-1 or in space and it's probably not gonna go well. His skillset is valuable for sure, he just doesn't have that coverage aspect that would lift him to Kuechly/Wagner level, which is fine as long as you don't expect that or pay him so.
No, he’s totally respected around the league and I hear it often

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
Marty: Next week he’ll run 35 times
Marty: you know what, let’s take away the passing game completely. Run the ball every single play. Get rid of the receivers. Put 8 lineman on the field every play plus Lamar, Gus, and Chris Moore for sweeps. Sometimes put Hayden Hurst in so he can be completely neglected. Unstoppable.

Tank

Hall of Famer
I honestly didn't have a problem with his comments. He's not wrong. I only want Lamar if he has an opening and DAMMIT he needs to learn how to slide.
Yeah, Marvin’s spot on. LJ can’t run like that for long as it would only be a matter of time until he got hurt.

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
Man I just posted the same exact thing just now before seeing your post. It gnawed at me all night! I was livid at that piece of human dung for trying to shit on Lamar's running to cover his own inadequacy as DC!
I actually loved it. It shows how Marvin is because all he has to say is something negative about the QB who just destroyed his defense. I couldn’t be happier with what Lamar did to his team. Whether he’s right or wrong I don’t care I’m just glad he was humiliated enough to feel the need to degrade Lamar. Tells me all I need to know.

It’s true you can’t rely on that kind of football consistently to win or stay healthy as a QB. The only issue with his comments is it’s clearly sour grapes on his part lol. But as I said I love it because for him to say it, it means the loss really got to him.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
It’s not about right or wrong with Marvin’s comments, it’s about why would he even say it? Don’t get it twisted lol he isn’t trying to drop some advice on the young QB in his division, he’s serving up a daily dose of salt. He took over play calling duties, and then let a high school offense run it right up his butthole, and his jobs probably gone by the end of the season and this game was one of the last nails in the coffin. He has no reason to worry about Lamar’s future, it was all bitter, so fuck his remarks.

And btw, that high school offense worked because lamar is a goddamn rare talent.

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
Why are we acting like the Bengals got destroyed on defense? They gave up 24 points which is honestly not too bad especially when you consider how bad they had been for the past month.

Marvin just made an observation which is basically "you can win a few games running that much but the QB will not last'

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
Really? I feel like it's the opposite, I've only heard people within Baltimore talk about Mosley being elite and near Kuechly's level. He's not that hard to figure out. He's great against the run and communicating calls, decent in zone coverage, but ask him to cover 1-on-1 or in space and it's probably not gonna go well. His skillset is valuable for sure, he just doesn't have that coverage aspect that would lift him to Kuechly/Wagner level, which is fine as long as you don't expect that or pay him so.
He isnt even close to wagner and kluchlys level.. top 5 ilb but wagner and klueckly are light years ahead of of him.. tbh he isnt even on deion jones level

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
Mosley is almost guaranteed to be our next bad contract. He's a great player, but he's not worth Kuechly money (which is probably what he's going to get).

Mosley is almost guaranteed to be our next bad contract. He's a great player, but he's not worth Kuechly money (which is probably what he's going to get).
It’s a tough call for the organization cause they don’t want to loose him but there are so many teams with massive cap space that someone is going to pay out big.

It may seem like we started to let that right player at the right price mantra slip. A part of the equation has to Involve position value and how that changes over time. ILB, DT and RB arent positions of high value and big $ should only go to truly difference making players.

I’m just not sure that Mosley qualifies as that kind of player.

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
Speaking of bad contracts, Williams is playing very very poorly. He has really struggled this year for whatever reason and it's very obvious.

It’s a tough call for the organization cause they don’t want to loose him but there are so many teams with massive cap space that someone is going to pay out big.

It may seem like we started to let that right player at the right price mantra slip. A part of the equation has to Involve position value and how that changes over time. ILB, DT and RB arent positions of high value and big $ should only go to truly difference making players.

I’m just not sure that Mosley qualifies as that kind of player.
So I'll disagree with this one somewhat because position value, sure, but it's hard to say because those positions absolutely have high value even today. Pass rushing DTs are highly valuable--see Donald and others. ILB who can cover are HIGHLY coveted--see Wagner and Kuechly and even David and many more. RBs are also very coveted--see Elliott, Gurley, Hunt and more who took their teams to another level once they arrived; granted you've got guys like Conner and Barkley who can be used as examples why you don't need a RB, but you need a RB to at least keep it rolling. Mosley's problem has been he hasn't been a Kuechly in coverage--that's the real issue.

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
Speaking of bad contracts, Williams is playing very very poorly. He has really struggled this year for whatever reason and it's very obvious.

Not sure if Williams is playing with an undisclosed injury or not, but he's basically been invisible on the field. Right now it looks like Pierce would have been more deserving of that contract.

So I'll disagree with this one somewhat because position value, sure, but it's hard to say because those positions absolutely have high value even today. Pass rushing DTs are highly valuable--see Donald and others. ILB who can cover are HIGHLY coveted--see Wagner and Kuechly and even David and many more. RBs are also very coveted--see Elliott, Gurley, Hunt and more who took their teams to another level once they arrived; granted you've got guys like Conner and Barkley who can be used as examples why you don't need a RB, but you need a RB to at least keep it rolling. Mosley's problem has been he hasn't been a Kuechly in coverage--that's the real issue.
To my point ... I said that players at these positions should not get paid unless they are "truly difference making players". Each of the players you've listed are that and possess the attribute at their given position that make them difference makers who deserve big time contracts: ILBs must be outstanding in coverage, DTs must be more than run stuffers, but must also get pressure up the gut and RBs need to be able to catch the ball and be a major threat in the open field.