• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Week 12 Discussion: Happy Thanksgiving

Will Clay Matthews avoid a Roughing the Passer Penalty against The Vikings?

• Yes

Votes: 7 58.3%
  • No

Votes: 5 41.7%

• Total voters
But if we lose to the cheifs and chargers and lets say we win vs the browns were at 7-5. Colts are 5-4 as we stand and have 3 left all against their own division on the road. If they go 2-1 does the tiebreaker go to division record, SOS, or margin of victory???
Division record only has meaning when matching up with teams within your own division.

True. So i guess it comes down to SOS
The order is H2H (if applicable)
Conference record
Common games
Strength of victory
... then comes Strength of schedule

So in regard to strength of victory, we look to the teams that we've beaten and the better their record the better for us

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
We should be able to make the playoffs....should...i think we even have a chance to beat the Cheifs but thats just me. Wed just need to cause some turnovers, Mahomes has a cannon sure but his ball security is still lacking and our corners can match up well enough. Wed need Tim williams back for that game tho...and Suggs and Judon are gonna have to ball put

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
The order is H2H (if applicable)
Conference record
Common games
Strength of victory
... then comes Strength of schedule
Looking at both teams and schedules thats gonna be pretty tricky to stack up.....in terms of who we beat and the colts we both won and lost in the same fashion vs the same teams lol

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
Might sound crazy until you look at Pittsburgh's schedule.
Chargers, @Raiders, vs Patriots, @Saints, vs Bengals.

Not an easy path at all.
Ya i mentioned that in another thread. They could easily end up 9-6-1.....too bad they didnt lose to tge Jags last week or theyd really be in trouble

But tbh....chargers going to pittsburg sound like bad news for the chargers...

ThatsMyJoeTerback

Ravens Ring of Honor
Ya i mentioned that in another thread. They could easily end up 9-6-1.....too bad they didnt lose to tge Jags last week or theyd really be in trouble

But tbh....chargers going to pittsburg sound like bad news for the chargers...
Yeah I don't think the Chargers stand a shot in Pitt but I see at least 2 losses right there on that schedule.

Looking at both teams and schedules thats gonna be pretty tricky to stack up.....in terms of who we beat and the colts we both won and lost in the same fashion vs the same teams lol
So if we lose to KC and LAC ... Indy loses to HOU and DAL then we both have 7-5 records in the AFC
That would also mean we are both 4-1 in common games. Then it will come to strength of victory and heaven help me - I am not doing that calculation.

Beside, shit never goes to script. Not when you are talking about a stretch of 5 games. Not every team that's favored comes away with the win. If that did happen, I'm afraid Indy might go 10-6 anyway because I doubt DAL will be favored playing in Indy.

Simply based on the way they are playing, Indy is the biggest threat to take the #6

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
So if we lose to KC and LAC ... Indy loses to HOU and DAL then we both have 7-5 records in the AFC
That would also mean we are both 4-1 in common games. Then it will come to strength of victory and heaven help me - I am not doing that calculation.

Beside, shit never goes to script. Not when you are talking about a stretch of 5 games. Not every team that's favored comes away with the win. If that did happen, I'm afraid Indy might go 10-6 anyway because I doubt DAL will be favored playing in Indy.

Simply based on the way they are playing, Indy is the biggest threat to take the #6
Well thats too bad were gonna have to take it from them....

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
Another thought. If were 1 game behind the chargers when we play them and we win. Wed jump them anyways. So regardless of what happens next week (as long as we win) the steelers v chargers game could benefit us either way

Well thats too bad were gonna have to take it from them....
OK - I looked at our records and determined our common teams are CIN, TEN, BUF and OAK. As far as I can see, we are 4-1 in games against those teams and so is Indy. When I do the ESPN playoff machine:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/mac...1030755~2~401030896~2~401030895~2~401030820~2

It tells me we win on common games. I love to use this tool, but just seeing this makes me think it is flawed ... and others in the comment section are saying the common games tiebreaker doesn't seem to be working.

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
OK - I looked at our records and determined our common teams are CIN, TEN, BUF and OAK. As far as I can see, we are 4-1 in games against those teams and so is Indy. When I do the ESPN playoff machine:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/mac...1030755~2~401030896~2~401030895~2~401030820~2

It tells me we win on common games. I love to use this tool, but just seeing this makes me think it is flawed ... and others in the comment section are saying the common games tiebreaker doesn't seem to be working.
Ya its gonna be tight down the stretch.....margin of victory doesnt seem that different either. Hopefully the colts Luck runs out...pun intended

Ya its gonna be tight down the stretch.....margin of victory doesnt seem that different either. Hopefully the colts Luck runs out...pun intended
Yeah - I think it is being underestimated that these games like JAX and TEN on the road are going to be easy for them. Who here was thinking that DEN would beat PIT? Shit happens.

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
Yeah - I think it is being underestimated that these games like JAX and TEN on the road are going to be easy for them. Who here was thinking that DEN would beat PIT? Shit happens.
Same like who would think Tucker would miss a game tying extra point.....shit happens...and it seems to be us more than anyone else.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Its gonna end up being us or the Colts who make the playoffs....u dont think the other teams in the hunt have a chance.
I personally believe we'll blow it if we control our own destiny. Oh wait, we do control our own destiny. Shit......

Might sound crazy until you look at Pittsburgh's schedule.
Chargers, @Raiders, vs Patriots, @Saints, vs Bengals.

Not an easy path at all.
W, W, potential L (toss up), L, W.

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
I personally believe we'll blow it if we control our own destiny. Oh wait, we do control our own destiny. Shit......

W, W, potential L (toss up), L, W.
So worst case they go 10-5-1. So our only chance is to win out if we want the division....cooll....i guess were not winning the division lmao

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Chargers RB Melvin Gordon suffers a MCL injury, meaning he likely misses the game against the Steelers next week.