• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Hamilton, The Injuries and The Self-Inflicted Wounds

Just such a frustrating game, we were killing it until Drake fumbled. Then execution and play calling fell off a cliff, 4 fumbles. 5 if you count our fumble of their fumble. Then the injuries, will not be surprised if we are 2-4 in 3 weeks time.

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
Just such a frustrating game, we were killing it until Drake fumbled. Then execution and play calling fell off a cliff, 4 fumbles. 5 if you count our fumble of their fumble. Then the injuries, will not be surprised if we are 2-4 in 3 weeks time.
With all our injuries, I would not be at all surprised if we were 2-4 In 3 weeks time. It is going to be brutal having so many backups on the field.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
I see Colts fans complaining about the Pittman facemask no call. Like... that happened in Overtime which wouldn't have happened if the refs correctly called facemask at the end of the 4th quarter, automatic first and the game is over, we win 19-16.

drjohnnyfever

Pro Bowler
I hate all the ref blaming, despite their bad calls. I know, that sounds wishy-washy and not what fans wanna hear, but all the Ravens had to do was MAKE A PLAY. And like the past many years, the team just sputters and spurts like a 12 cylinder Ferrari running on 7 cylinders. It's pitiful. Likely dropped a ball that should have been caught and Lamar delivered a ball behind Duv, I think, coming across the middle that both would have been first downs. Listen, the refs were maddening, but when you can't get out of your own way and do something to help yourself - it's on you. They gave the game away.

I swear we see these suspense laden last 2-3 minutes of games far too regularly. Either we are biting our nails for the OFF to get the ball back to try to win it after giving up the lead late or biting our nails in the hopes that the DEF can 3 and out the other team to close it out. It's really unforgivable. And moreover, we more often than not, in these situations have seen the OFF come to a complete and utter stall for a quarter or more of the game.

Michael M.

Pro Bowler
Had much optimism at the season's start but 3 games in and it's back to the same old thing: playing with the bargain basement RB's and corners and despite expanding the WR's room, the top 2 are already injured. Stanley makes rare on the field appearances and behind Andrews the other 2 TE'S are average at best. Why didn't we keep Peters? Are Darby and Worley any better?

marklar

Pro Bowler
I was disappointed in the run defense up the middle. Considering the DL and ILBs were the only fully healthy units, we needed them to get their hand on Moss more quickly

I hate all the ref blaming, despite their bad calls. I know, that sounds wishy-washy and not what fans wanna hear, but all the Ravens had to do was MAKE A PLAY. And like the past many years, the team just sputters and spurts like a 12 cylinder Ferrari running on 7 cylinders. It's pitiful. Likely dropped a ball that should have been caught and Lamar delivered a ball behind Duv, I think, coming across the middle that both would have been first downs. Listen, the refs were maddening, but when you can't get out of your own way and do something to help yourself - it's on you. They gave the game away.

I swear we see these suspense laden last 2-3 minutes of games far too regularly. Either we are biting our nails for the OFF to get the ball back to try to win it after giving up the lead late or biting our nails in the hopes that the DEF can 3 and out the other team to close it out. It's really unforgivable. And moreover, we more often than not, in these situations have seen the OFF come to a complete and utter stall for a quarter or more of the game.
The refs had a bad day. But we could have won that game many times over but we didn’t. When you leave a game in the hands of the refs it’s always gonna be a crap shoot.

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
We win this game if the coaching staff tells Zay to run the ball and not fair catch . He had plenty of space to run too .

This could be the most egregious coaching mistake ever made by a Ravens coach.

We have changed GM's, Assistant Coaches, Staff, Players etc and it's literally been the same inconsistent/undisciplined Ravens. It's really time for a big change. This game was pathetic, every season we go through this. Then we inch and claw just to be one and done in the playoffs.

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
all the Ravens had to do was MAKE A PLAY. When you can't get out of your own way and do something to help yourself - it's on you. They gave the game away.
That's it right there! With their Injuries and all, they still had every opportunity to win that game and couldn't do it. Bad teams find ways to lose. So, 3 weeks in I have seen all that I needed to see from this team. I can easily see them falling to 2-3 within the next 2 weeks.

QtR Nevermore

Pro Bowler
Monken seems not to want to call any deeper passes unless he's seen that the O Line can hold up, which sort of makes sense, but opponents seem to be picking up on it, which means they can line up more players in the box, which gives the O Line more potential rushers to worry about. It also hurts the run game, which should be another way of taking pressure off the line.

We need to see deeper targets. Not necessarily big downfield bombs, just more passes going 10-25 yards beyond the LoS would be nice.

QtR Nevermore

Pro Bowler
Playoff teams dont lay an egg after winning a big division rivalry. And thats what we did.
Of course they do. There's so much over-reaction in this thread.

The Colts were the best team we've faced this season, after 2 easy games. They dominated both lines of scrimmage - which is the big worry going forward.

Meanwhile the Ravens are facing an injury crisis and still have a lot of work to do on their new offense.

I still think we're going to make the playoffs and, if we find some form and get players back by then, we could still win some games.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
We have changed GM's, Assistant Coaches, Staff, Players etc and it's literally been the same inconsistent/undisciplined Ravens. It's really time for a big change. This game was pathetic, every season we go through this. Then we inch and claw just to be one and done in the playoffs.
What change would you make? Harbs is one of the lone centering forces we have , so keeping him is a must. This really all comes down to player execution and getting the right people on the field. IMO EDC needs to be let go in the off-season. He’s had some nice finds but his misses have been brutal, especially in the later rounds.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
Meanwhile the Ravens are facing an injury crisis and still have a lot of work to do on their new offense.
Not like the injuries are shocking, when we’re talking about Stanley, OBJ, Batemen, and JK. Each of these guys are injury prone and we knew that coming into the year.