• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Ed Reed

Will Ed Reed be a first ballot HOF inductee?

• Yes, no doubt.

Votes: 37 100.0%
  • No, he doesn’t want to risk having to share the stage with scum bag Ward.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, his induction will be deferred by the voters.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Although I agree that four is too many preseason games, but only when referring to veterans. The rookies need the gametime experience and if you cut a game, they won’t have that last game that is extremely important for those borderline players.

Having more pre season games for the benefit of a handful of players really doesn’t make sense and the coaches can well decide on borderline players without playing meaningless games. Pretty sure the only reason they still play 4 is because the owners don’t want to give up the revenue.

Considering the emphasis being placed on player safety and improving the quality of play it would seem changes to pre season are inevitable. I think they most likely go to two games and maybe look at adding another bye week to the schedule.

the vets dont end up with extra snaps though - i mean they come to training camp a week earlier sure - but they also get more time off during camp

this last year the vets played the exact same amount as previous years but it was spread over 5 games and the rookies and guys lower down on the roster got more snaps as a result over 5 games

im not really interested in the extra game though - (albeit its a little different now that our starting qb might actually play in pre-season more than flacco did because every snap helps), im more interested in having training camp spread out more

Itts not the 4th game they should give up but the 1st. Starters used to play one drive but now they sitting most of the time. So eliminate it. The 4th game is needed imo cuz these players have practiced and worked hard all offseason so they should have at least a showcase game to show their talents plus 2 weeks rest are given to the regulars.

it doesnt matter which game they eliminate lol

That’s the point, they need this game, but If they were to eliminate a game it would end up hurting the borderline players, because it would be the 4th game that is eliminated. They would need time for the vets in all three games and they would play more in these games since we wouldn’t have a 4th game. If you are saying to eliminate game 1, then the vets would play more in games 2 and 3, without having a game for for the rookies and borderline players.

What I’m saying is that the vets would play the same amount of snaps in less games, but the borderline players and younger players wouldn’t have the time that is needed, like they do in game four.

Why shouldn't it unless you want to play the starters the last game.

The Rams may change how teams look at the preseason. They sat Goff and Gurley all preseason, they limited their starters all preseason. Now tonight they are in the Super Bowl. So clearly the Rams just showed how useless it really is for starters.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Why shouldn't it unless you want to play the starters the last game.

because teams will use it however they want to use it lol - if they take away game 4, teams can use game 3 as game 4 in stead and just give the starters more gametime in the 1st game... if they take away game 1 then teams likely dont change anything...

it literally makes no difference because the game numbers are arbitrary

rossihunter2

Staff Member
The Rams may change how teams look at the preseason. They sat Goff and Gurley all preseason, they limited their starters all preseason. Now tonight they are in the Super Bowl. So clearly the Rams just showed how useless it really is for starters.

it's dependent on certain things but yeah especially when your system is in place already and you havent got a huge amount of player turnover there's no real reason to play your best players in pre-season unless they'd get some specific benefit from the extra live snaps

what's also crucial is the rams had joint practices where they could get live snaps and competition etc. but in a controlled environment

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
because teams will use it however they want to use it lol - if they take away game 4, teams can use game 3 as game 4 in stead and just give the starters more gametime in the 1st game... if they take away game 1 then teams likely dont change anything...

it literally makes no difference because the game numbers are arbitrary

This is what I'm talking about. It shows game 1 is useless. Game 3 would now turn into game 4 (showcase) while game 1 would be played like game 2. You're saying what I'm saying lol.

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
Ed is the most charismatic and fun to watch football player in my view and I'm sticking with it. I love Ray but I love Ed more.

It's a toss-up for me, but there was something special about watching every Reed INT and knowing that he had a chance to score points every time.

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
Ed's picks were often like watching a dog cross a busy street. lol

That's because he felt a tremendous need to do what offense wouldn't or couldn't do at times......moved the damn football down the field and score TD's.

ALL HAIL TO THE G.O.A.T. .....REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED!!!

Tank

Hall of Famer
That's because he felt a tremendous need to do what offense wouldn't or couldn't do at times......moved the damn football down the field and score TD's.

ALL HAIL TO THE G.O.A.T. .....REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED!!!
lol....right. I think it was more so the fact that he was a track star, and a kick returner at heart, it was in the blood. haha

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
lol....right. I think it was more so the fact that he was a track star, and a kick returner at heart, it was in the blood. haha

I was skimming through his career stats last week and was surprised that he only had 1 punt return TD. I could have sworn that he had at least a few of them and know that he got really close several times. He had great vision whenever he had the ball in his hands.

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
For me; that old statement of; "You never know what you have until its gone" rings true. Since the day he retired, I've missed RAY LEWIS and since he left Baltimore, I've missed ED REED! Although I use to scream at him for running and always trying to pitch the rock after he got an INT, I look back on his awesome career now and say; "DO YOUR THING ED! DO YOUR THING MAN!"

#20greatestsafetyever
#20halloffamer

Tank

Hall of Famer
Ed’s dad is presenting him his bust. He’s #6 on the list so I’m guessing his turn will be somewhere around 9:00 pm.

Tank

Hall of Famer
I was skimming through his career stats last week and was surprised that he only had 1 punt return TD. I could have sworn that he had at least a few of them and know that he got really close several times. He had great vision whenever he had the ball in his hands.
He had 7 interception TDs and 3 fumble recovery TDs.