• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Good, The bad and the Ugly - Raiders Edition

Marty giving Gus only 8 carries in the first half held our offense from scoring 20 or so points in that first half.

Lamar played well for the most part. Needs to drive the ball better on those 10 yard routes on the outside. First pick was like the one he threw last week, wanted to make a play and forced it. The second one was more bad luck but was very ill timed. I also saw in the first half that he wanted to pass every time and simply refused to take the yards in front of him if he ran. He needs to ignore the media and just do what helps the offense move the ball forward. Stats would have been better if Smoke didn’t alligator arm that td pass and Zeus Jr didn’t hold.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Marty giving Gus only 8 carries in the first half held our offense from scoring 20 or so points in that first half.

Lamar played well for the most part. Needs to drive the ball better on those 10 yard routes on the outside. First pick was like the one he threw last week, wanted to make a play and forced it. The second one was more bad luck but was very ill timed. I also saw in the first half that he wanted to pass every time and simply refused to take the yards in front of him if he ran. He needs to ignore the media and just do what helps the offense move the ball forward. Stats would have been better if Smoke didn’t alligator arm that td pass and Zeus Jr didn’t hold.
I said the same exact thing, lamar and Marty are paying too much attention to the talk about lamar not throwing

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
What's astonishing is that despite our pass-rush being garbage for the most part in the game, we allowed less than 200 passing yards. Amazing what our defense could do with a competent pass-rush.

Tank

Hall of Famer
What's astonishing is that despite our pass-rush being garbage for the most part in the game, we allowed less than 200 passing yards. Amazing what our defense could do with a competent pass-rush.
Well TBF Oakland isn’t 2 - 9 for because they are good. lol

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
i dont get everyone hating - i loved that aggressive call
9/10 times that ball is in no danger of being turned over on that route with that coverage with that throw
We were running the ball at the will and we had plenty of time . I think we could have run it in , even with where we were .

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
Well TBF Oakland isn’t 2 - 9 for because they are good. lol

I mean.. this is who we are.. we’re an average ball club. We just happen to be at the top of the 8-8 crew.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
In person I didn’t think lamar looked very good.

He looked better last week. But in person everything looks different.

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
I just want to keep seeing what we saw in the fourth quarter today for the rest of the season. I love that kind of smashmouth football. It just seems like a winning formula for this team and could take us much further then where we had been. It wears opposing defenses down.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
on broadcast he looked much better
I actually said in the game thread that tyus bowser looked freakishly quick, way quicker than he appeared on film. I haven’t seen a game since 2014 so maybe that has something to do with it. But I thought bowsers hands looked like a goddamn all world boxer when he was fighting with the OT.

Lamar didn’t look like the best decision maker live and in person

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I actually said in the game thread that tyus bowser looked freakishly quick, way quicker than he appeared on film. I haven’t seen a game since 2014 so maybe that has something to do with it. But I thought bowsers hands looked like a goddamn all world boxer when he was fighting with the OT.

Lamar didn’t look like the best decision maker live and in person

Tyus Bowser did look much better today too
Im not sure that I agree on Lamar - he had 1 or 2 obviously bad decisions but 1 of them was punished with an INT - id be interested in whether you feel the same way after watching the tape

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Tyus Bowser did look much better today too
Im not sure that I agree on Lamar - he had 1 or 2 obviously bad decisions but 1 of them was punished with an INT - id be interested in whether you feel the same way after watching the tape
Just remember watching live from the endzone and seeing obvious opportunities, most being in the first quarter when I saw from behind the OL and I wasn’t fully lit.