• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Good, The bad and the Ugly - Raiders Edition

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Humphrey has been fantastic these last 2 weeks. As has Carr, and Jimmy seems to be getting his groove back. We'll need them to be on their A game next week vs the Falcons recievers.

On the other hand im really worried about weddle. His play has regressed dramatically this year compared to last. I cant tell if its a nagging injury or hes just completely lost a step but hes seemed like a weak link on our defense this year. Hes constanly getting beat by RBs and TEs and is late to help over the top. I really think Safety needs to be a priority this offseason...
Weddle lost a step last year and another one this year. I don't think he ate icecream only after our wins.

Also want to say Ronnie Stanley is a fucking mauler out there. Even on an injured ankle he is eating in the run game.
I know - there was one play near the goal we picked up about 7 on a run play where he just crushed his guy and then looked to the sidelines giving that "feed me" signal.

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
Weddle lost a step last year and another one this year. I don't think he ate icecream only after our wins.
Hes turning into Webb in which i mean hes a great team leader, has veteran presence in the locker room and understands the game but hes just not able to handle the workload. I worry about him being a missmatch vs the cheifs with Kelce and Hunt. He also gets run over by everyone

usmccharles

Practice Squad
I was happy with the touch LJ had on some of his passes, you can definitely see the progress he has made. Still making rookie mistakes.....because...ya know....he's a rookie.

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
Anyone looking for an insightful and in-depth analysis on Lamar's performance should look at Matt Waldman's twitter. It's as good as it gets.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Something I haven’t seen mentioned yet and maybe I’m just missing it, but...

How about some love for Hayden hurst finally showing up? There was one play he made that worried me because he seemed unaware, he caught a ball in stride at the sideline and got rocked by a safety much smaller than him and tipped him right over, definitely want your big TE who’s known as a big athletic freak to not appear soft and unaware, but overall hurst showing some signs of life, was a very good chain mover and caught that nice improv shovel pass as well.

Looking to see him build on that, and really hoping we use more 2TE sets because if he gets rolling and Andrews keeps at it, we become very unpredictable and diverse and hard to stop.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Humphrey has been fantastic these last 2 weeks. As has Carr, and Jimmy seems to be getting his groove back. We'll need them to be on their A game next week vs the Falcons recievers.

On the other hand im really worried about weddle. His play has regressed dramatically this year compared to last. I cant tell if its a nagging injury or hes just completely lost a step but hes seemed like a weak link on our defense this year. Hes constanly getting beat by RBs and TEs and is late to help over the top. I really think Safety needs to be a priority this offseason...
He certainly has lost a step or more. I’m hoping we make a run for Haha

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Something I haven’t seen mentioned yet and maybe I’m just missing it, but...

How about some love for Hayden hurst finally showing up? There was one play he made that worried me because he seemed unaware, he caught a ball in stride at the sideline and got rocked by a safety much smaller than him and tipped him right over, definitely want your big TE who’s known as a big athletic freak to not appear soft and unaware, but overall hurst showing some signs of life, was a very good chain mover and caught that nice improv shovel pass as well.

Looking to see him build on that, and really hoping we use more 2TE sets because if he gets rolling and Andrews keeps at it, we become very unpredictable and diverse and hard to stop.
I hope you mean 3 TE sets because our coaching staff is enamored with Boyle starting over our two rookies. Boyle is not the receiving threat as these two, but our coaching staff.....

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I hope you mean 3 TE sets because our coaching staff is enamored with Boyle starting over our two rookies. Boyle is not the receiving threat as these two, but our coaching staff.....
I totally agree. He does end up getting more plays due to him being the best blocker of the bunch, though

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
Maybe after Charger's wins too

Just makes passing on Derwin James hurt eve more.

Passing on James definitely hurt, but I wonder how we would be right now if DeShon Elliott never got injured during the pre-season. DeShon was all over the field and constantly around the ball so it would have been interesting to see if he could have started taking away snaps from Weddle and/or Jefferson.