• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Biggest Needs and Prospects to Address Them

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
If John Brown is on this roster in 2019 it wouldn't shock me if the position isn't even touched.
imo we should sign Brown and keep both Snead and Crabtree. i like Moore also, but he needs more snaps ans will be in his fourth season in 2019 as well. it would be wise to draft another receiver next season and maybe take a page out of the Steelers playbook and use 2nd and 3rd rounds to draft WRs in most drafts.

Taze

Practice Squad
When's the last time you've seen a Ravens WR/TE/RB make an impressive YAC play? If you're struggling to recall any such plays, there's a reason, Ravens rank 31st in YAC this season! We need more explosive skill position players to surround Lamar with.

It's a running back problem as well as WR, but it is an annual tradition in Baltimore to overhype WRs just to have them prove it's a mediocre group. Not surprising people here don't see it as a need

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
When's the last time you've seen a Ravens WR/TE/RB make an impressive YAC play? If you're struggling to recall any such plays, there's a reason, Ravens rank 31st in YAC this season! We need more explosive skill position players to surround Lamar with.

It's a running back problem as well as WR, but it is an annual tradition in Baltimore to overhype WRs just to have them prove it's a mediocre group. Not surprising people here don't see it as a need
What do you mean? I’ve personally asked for more YAC with a guy like Parris Campbell and I know I read other people mentioning guys with YAC ability.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator

John Brown had some earlier in the year but yea we are one of the worst in the league with yac

Taze

Practice Squad
What do you mean? I’ve personally asked for more YAC with a guy like Parris Campbell and I know I read other people mentioning guys with YAC ability.
Ah I didn’t mean here as in this forum or anyone in particular, poor wording. Just meant in general there’s always tons of talk in Baltimore everyone convincing themselves our WRs are better than they are. Happens every year.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
Our needs are, in this order(at least in my opinion)

C
G
Interior pass rusher
FS
RB(a real starter)
WR
Edge rusher

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
Washington hasn't look good, Coates is a bust, Bryant was a bust, Wheaton has done nothing this year. Out of this group, only one guy is a stud and still on the team. One guy was a stud (Sanders) and did really help them that season. Wallace was a decent #2.

In the most recent draft, instead of Washington, who hasn't contributed this year, they could have had Lorenzo Carter or Justin Ried, guys that would be a great asset to that subpar defense. A defense that will likely cost them a playoff win.

This strategy hasn't actually paid off as much as it may seem at first glance. Over the past six drafts, only two of these high pick guys have been worthwhile (Sanders and Juju). Their strategy would look awful without Brown.
With the loss of shaizer, it fucked up their whole defense..

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I heard a lot of good things about him, problem is I couldn't scout a safety to save my life.
I’m pretty bad at scouting safeties too, I actually have backed off on Thompson a little bit because I see him getting very aggressive on short routes and play fakes when he’s supposed to be in single deep, idk if I should knock him for that or not lol

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
Maybe I better put this here but what sites are good to learn what prospects to watch for in the upcoming bowl games. A lot of smaller schools playing today. Also what do you guys think of Easton Stick. Thought he'd make a pretty good backup to Lamar

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
Maybe I better put this here but what sites are good to learn what prospects to watch for in the upcoming bowl games. A lot of smaller schools playing today. Also what do you guys think of Easton Stick. Thought he'd make a pretty good backup to Lamar
Draft Network has the most and best quality content. Draftwire may have some articles fitting your request