• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Biggest Needs and Prospects to Address Them

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
My gut tells me the ravens will let John brown walk and draft Marquise Brown in the high teens or wherever they end up picking.
If we draft a deep threat in the 1st with Lamar at the helm id be shocked. And i really like Brown but he seems to have a better connection with Snead and the TEs so i feel like more slot recievers would be the better option. Although Hollywood is from FL so maybe they already know each other lol

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
I really only like Polite, Ferrell and that’s it unless Bosa is there by some Christmas miracle. Not a fan of Burns at all. I do like Winovich as a 2nd round pick.
Wait so you dont like Sweat or Josh Allen??? I gave up on liking Allen cause i feel hes a lock to go in the top 10

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I really only like Polite, Ferrell and that’s it unless Bosa is there by some Christmas miracle. Not a fan of Burns at all. I do like Winovich as a 2nd round pick.
And it’s not that I dislike Ferrell either, just think he’s overhyped

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
Kenny Willekes of Michigan State. He won the Big 10 defensive lineman of the year award (he's a tweener, small end or 3-4 olb) and was a unanimous pick for first team all big 10 defensive honors. He even got named MVP of the team after the season, and he started as a walk on. He looks like he could be really productive in the NFL.

He really flashed vs Ohio st. Was the only game i watched this year from michigan st and he really stood out

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
Wait so you dont like Sweat or Josh Allen??? I gave up on liking Allen cause i feel hes a lock to go in the top 10
I think Sweat is OK and has some promise. I’m just not as high on him as I am Ferrell. I haven’t watched some of the other guys being mentioned here so my opinion may change. I’ve only keyed on the “top” guys right now.

And it’s not that I dislike Ferrell either, just think he’s overhyped
I don’t know about that because Ferrell does play very well even if he stands up a bit too much. His hands are relentlessly moving. The guy has speed and quickness I just don’t know if he’s explosive enough.

No 2nd round for us as things stand at the moment
Yeah I know I mean in the case we trade back or trade up.

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
A lot of mocks have us going WR in the first. Sports Illustrated has us getting AJ Brown (doubt he'll actually be available) and Draftwire has us getting Kelvin Harmon. I'd gladly take either one of them to pair up with Lamar. They'd fit our offense very well.

Taze

Practice Squad
If we draft a deep threat in the 1st with Lamar at the helm id be shocked. And i really like Brown but he seems to have a better connection with Snead and the TEs so i feel like more slot recievers would be the better option. Although Hollywood is from FL so maybe they already know each other lol
I’d like to keep Brown, but wouldn’t mind drafting a good deep threat either. Having a legit one that causes secondaries to play back gives Lamar and the run game that much more room, especially as Lamar develops as a deep thrower which I think he will.

I’d be down for a dominant slot WR, but I don’t think the team will really be. They’re probably too excited about Snead, Andrews and Hurst there. They draft for need early too, unless that changes under Decosta.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
We need to weasel ourselves into a decent 2nd round pick and end up with Gardner-Johnson or Lukas Denis, after seeing mayfield and his bombs away mentality vs our blitz and slow safety tandem, I’m thoroughly convinced that we stand zero chance in this divisional arms race if we can’t make him pay for taking shots. CGJ and Denis are 2 straight up ballhawks at the deep safety spot, we like to run cover 0, but we would be even better if we could run cover 1, the reason we can’t is that we can’t trust any of our safeties in cover one and they have to either blitz or step up in man, one of these guys fixes this issue and turns a lot of those deep shots that a mayfield/mahomes took on us into picks.

First round I’m torn if we stay put, im thinking just pure BPA, but my first priority is a hefty trade back and fill these holes we have showing up soon on defense, and get younger and faster, the offense can work in this formula, but the defense is in big trouble with baker twice a year, jimmy and Carr not having much time left, weddle being gone, Jefferson being ass, etc. the offense is an accessory to our success, the real cause is the defense, and it’s about to take a massive step back next year, while the offense can remain relatively close, and firing marty and starting Bozeman over skura can do a shitload for this unit, but there’s no saving the defense with what the starting lineup is looking like for 2019 unless we attack it hard.

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
We need to weasel ourselves into a decent 2nd round pick and end up with Gardner-Johnson or Lukas Denis, after seeing mayfield and his bombs away mentality vs our blitz and slow safety tandem, I’m thoroughly convinced that we stand zero chance in this divisional arms race if we can’t make him pay for taking shots. CGJ and Denis are 2 straight up ballhawks at the deep safety spot, we like to run cover 0, but we would be even better if we could run cover 1, the reason we can’t is that we can’t trust any of our safeties in cover one and they have to either blitz or step up in man, one of these guys fixes this issue and turns a lot of those deep shots that a mayfield/mahomes took on us into picks.

First round I’m torn if we stay put, im thinking just pure BPA, but my first priority is a hefty trade back and fill these holes we have showing up soon on defense, and get younger and faster, the offense can work in this formula, but the defense is in big trouble with baker twice a year, jimmy and Carr not having much time left, weddle being gone, Jefferson being ass, etc. the offense is an accessory to our success, the real cause is the defense, and it’s about to take a massive step back next year, while the offense can remain relatively close, and firing marty and starting Bozeman over skura can do a shitload for this unit, but there’s no saving the defense with what the starting lineup is looking like for 2019 unless we attack it hard.
Trade down to the early 2nd, grab a great guard/center, and then get the best pass rushers (edge or interior) and safety. Or go safety in the 2nd and grab a guard later.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Trade down to the early 2nd, grab a great guard/center, and then get the best pass rushers (edge or interior) and safety. Or go safety in the 2nd and grab a guard later.
What if top pass rusher or safety is available where we pick in 1st?

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I’d like to see Bozeman at C and get a good G, but I don’t love this OL class, I liked it at first but the more I studied guys the less I liked the class. If a Biadasz falls then I like him in a trade back, Elgton Jenkins looks like a solid prospect but there’s definitely defenders and RBs I’d prefer in the second over him. This just feels like a defense and rb draft for us

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
I’d like to see Bozeman at C and get a good G, but I don’t love this OL class, I liked it at first but the more I studied guys the less I liked the class. If a Biadasz falls then I like him in a trade back, Elgton Jenkins looks like a solid prospect but there’s definitely defenders and RBs I’d prefer in the second over him. This just feels like a defense and rb draft for us
I think Darryl Williams or Derwin Gray could be a good pickup at G in the draft. Not in the 2nd, but for the midrounds.

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
I’ve considered Derwin gray too, big fucking guy, definitely a bully type of blocker
It's exactly what we need on the left side. At the moment with Hurst there running to that side is a liability. At least on a traditional run play, since Jackson still works his magic. With Bozeman taking over the middle and someone like Gray at LG we could run behind any part of the line. It's a scary thought to consider that we could be far better at running the ball.

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
Bounce out runner, he’d be great in certain systems but not in ours.

And trust me I hate it, I think he looks pretty goddamn spectacular at times, but I see nowhere for him in our zone read
Well I definitely don't agree with that assessment. Although quite frankly I want no part of a RB early so I don't care.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Well I definitely don't agree with that assessment. Although quite frankly I want no part of a RB early so I don't care.
Watched a live game and a half of Memphis, and I’ve watched film on 2 more, seemed to me he was either breaking em long on stretch cutbacks or sweeps, or getting stopped for little to no gain.