• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Biggest Needs and Prospects to Address Them

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
Our biggest issue is going to be the secondary

Weddle, Carr and Jimmy are WELL into their 30's and there are no good enough guys on this roster that are at their level even at this point.

Quinton Spain
Ronald Darby
Ha Ha Clinton Dix
Trey Flowers

We need to target these 4 guys. Release the oldies, trade flacco for a 2nd rounder if possible or a 3rd and a 4th.

If we can only get 3 of the above, the 1st round pick will be the one in the position we couldnt get.

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter

Weddle, Carr and Jimmy are WELL into their 30's and there are no good enough guys on this roster that are at their level even at this point.

Quinton Spain
Ronald Darby
Ha Ha Clinton Dix
Trey Flowers

We need to target these 4 guys. Release the oldies, trade flacco for a 2nd rounder if possible or a 3rd and a 4th.

If we can only get 3 of the above, the 1st round pick will be the one in the position we couldnt get.
I'm 100% taking Anthony Averett and Maurice Canady over all the above (except Ha Ha obviously)

rossihunter2

Staff Member

Quinton Spain
Ronald Darby
Ha Ha Clinton Dix
Trey Flowers

Not sure Quinton Spain would be one of our top 7 OL tbh

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
seriously? Canady has shown nothing and averett has shown nothing. He's hardly played.
Averett played nearly an entire half against the Chiefs offense and you didn't hear his name. I'd say that's something. Canady apart from 4th and 12 has been very serviceable and steadily improved his game for three years. I'm not taking an inconsistent, injury prone and expensive Darby over those guys.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
canady isn't an improvement over what we have. The ceilings of these two players are above average ( at best)

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Averett played nearly an entire half against the Chiefs offense and you didn't hear his name. I'd say that's something. Canady apart from 4th and 12 has been very serviceable and steadily improved his game for three years. I'm not taking an inconsistent, injury prone and expensive Darby over those guys.
Canady wasn't exactly shining example health wise so far

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor

Quinton Spain
Ronald Darby
Ha Ha Clinton Dix
Trey Flowers

Jimmy Smith just turned 30 back in July. He's still got a few years before I'd call him "WELL" into his 30s.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
seriously? Canady has shown nothing and averett has shown nothing. He's hardly played.
Averett has been excellent and is only being held back by having 3 starting corners who have been playing at a really high level, and when he’s come in he’s given up basically nothing

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
Been doing my first bit of evaluating O line prospects who can play G

I'm liking cody ford.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator

Quinton Spain
Ronald Darby
Ha Ha Clinton Dix
Trey Flowers

I like Clinton Dix, but Adrian Amos would be very good as well

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
We need 2 new safties for sure, consistent pass rusher, ilb and a wr cause john brown will for sure be leaving us

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
We need 2 new safties for sure, consistent pass rusher, ilb and a wr cause john brown will for sure be leaving us
I'd say one S is enough. Clark can definitely be the SS of the future, or else Eliott will. Not sure ILB is a need, although I wouldn't mind a Devin Bush or Bobby Okereke type of LB. Big agree on pass rusher and WR though.

Bounce out runner, he’d be great in certain systems but not in ours.

And trust me I hate it, I think he looks pretty goddamn spectacular at times, but I see nowhere for him in our zone read
I don’t think he’s anywhere near a pure bounce out runner like you’re making him out to be. Many of his big runs I’ve seen come from pistol formations where he’s running between the tackles and with his speed he gets past any defender.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I don’t think he’s anywhere near a pure bounce out runner like you’re making him out to be. Many of his big runs I’ve seen come from pistol formations where he’s running between the tackles and with his speed he gets past any defender.
Not purely a bounce out runner, just that I think it’s clearly his strong suit.

He’s got a really Melvin Gordon like style from when he was in college.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Ok, after that ending, I’m torn...

We obviously have to attack the OL hard, but we need better pass rush and we need at least one safety. We will be in big trouble if we can’t address that.

All while I don’t exactly trust these RBs, and we need at least one upgrade at wr.

This may need to be another trade back year

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Ok, after that ending, I’m torn...

We obviously have to attack the OL hard, but we need better pass rush and we need at least one safety. We will be in big trouble if we can’t address that.

All while I don’t exactly trust these RBs, and we need at least one upgrade at wr.

This may need to be another trade back year
If we come out of this draft with a guy from North Alabama (safety), good interior O lineman and Josh Jacobs, I'd consider it success. WR next year, double down on those.