• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Next Up: @Chiefs

Who will start on Sunday?

• Joe Flacco

Votes: 9 19.6%
  • Lamar Jackson

Votes: 37 80.4%

• Total voters

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
Playoffs is different than regular season and it is my opinion, whether you think it’s stupid or not

I actually believe it will be either the Texans or Patriots
Saying “you do realize KC isn’t going to the super bowl and is never going to the super bowl” sounds very matter of fact and is a very stange way to express an opinion.

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
I hope the chiefs win the Super Bowl if the ravens are not in contention solely because some of you keep saying the chiefs have no chance with absolutely no facts or basis behind it.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I hope the chiefs win the Super Bowl if the ravens are not in contention solely because some of you keep saying the chiefs have no chance with absolutely no facts or basis behind it.
Actually I do too. Either the Chiefs, Texans or Chargers is who I would want to go. I just don’t see a team going that doesn’t play any semblance of defense. It works fine in the regular season, but playoffs are different.

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
Actually I do too. Either the Chiefs, Texans or Chargers is who I would want to go. I just don’t see a team going that doesn’t play any semblance of defense. It works fine in the regular season, but playoffs are different.
Playoffs are different why? You keep saying that but don’t explain. Different because the teams are better? They lost to the Rams and Pats by 3. They beat Chargers and Steelers. They’ve given us no reason to expect them to fall apart in the playoffs. Their defense isn’t as bad as you’re saying. They have a fierce pass rush. Their secondary will soon be bolstered by a top 3 nfl safety.

The only reason the chiefs might not be afc favorites for the superbowl is because they lost a pro bowl RB. They definitely won’t be as good because of that and it’s a real shame but these aren’t the same old playoff crumbling chiefs. Mahomes can carry the team by himself like Alex Smith never could. I don’t have a problem with you saying you don’t think they win the super bowl but when you say they won’t and never will...that’s kind of ridiculous

jboy19

Pro Bowler

All changes aside, getting a bye on wildcard week and then losing in the divisional round is probably the most "on brand" thing Andy Reid could do.

I like the Chiefs because they have a lot of really exciting players to watch (Mahomes, Hill, Kelce) and really likable players generally (Berry comes to mind, but I'm sure there are others I'm not thinking of). I'd be down with them winning the Super Bowl if Baltimore isn't an option.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Playoffs are different why? You keep saying that but don’t explain. Different because the teams are better? They lost to the Rams and Pats by 3. They beat Chargers and Steelers. They’ve given us no reason to expect them to fall apart in the playoffs. Their defense isn’t as bad as you’re saying. They have a fierce pass rush. Their secondary will soon be bolstered by a top 3 nfl safety.

The only reason the chiefs might not be afc favorites for the superbowl is because they lost a pro bowl RB. They definitely won’t be as good because of that and it’s a real shame but these aren’t the same old playoff crumbling chiefs. Mahomes can carry the team by himself like Alex Smith never could. I don’t have a problem with you saying you don’t think they win the super bowl but when you say they won’t and never will...that’s kind of ridiculous

Getting through the Pats, if they have to play them, isn’t going to be easy. That is when the Patriots play there best most meaningful football. Yes, the teams are better and all the teams are good enough to be in the postseason. Also, you have beaten yourselves up through a long grueling season. Then you get to the playoffs and play a team that is close to you or even better overall AND more healthy than you are. Imo, the Texans are thr most well rounded team in the AFC.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer

Defense is big in playoffs. For that reason, I give better chance to Texans and Chargers than to KC.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
I wish we would put jimmy on him
He lines up everywhere, so probably the best plan would be to play him like we played Julio. Bump him every time on the line (Mosley did this really well vs Falcons), it slows the release/route just enough for secondary to take him over. The issue will be Mahomes compared to Matty Ice. Extends the plays, so both pressure and coverage will need to step up if we want a chance. Considering last game was one of the top D performances ever, I don't know how much room is there for improvement.
I'll be really surprised if we come out of this one with a win.

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
Hunt not being on the field is huge, especially with how great our time of possession and run game has been

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
He lines up everywhere, so probably the best plan would be to play him like we played Julio. Bump him every time on the line (Mosley did this really well vs Falcons), it slows the release/route just enough for secondary to take him over. The issue will be Mahomes compared to Matty Ice. Extends the plays, so both pressure and coverage will need to step up if we want a chance. Considering last game was one of the top D performances ever, I don't know how much room is there for improvement.
I agree, I don’t see us coming out with a win, but a clean game and keeping it close would be sufficient in my eyes.

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
I would use Mosley on a lot of spies to keep Mahomes in containment. As for Kelce I would most definitely cover him with Jimmy since I believe Carr can handle the outside. Just gotta limit his catches and keep his avg catch yardage down. Really wouldn't use more than a 4 man rush most of the times except 3rd and long to force quick throws.

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator
I hope lamar can hold onto the ball. Not saying he is turnover prone but his style of play is, a lot of that just because he’s a rookie too. With that comes his big play ability though do itd not a bad trade off. I just hope he doesn’t try to do too much because I don’t think we have a chance at winning if we turn the ball over (maybe once is okay)

The defense will also have to take the ball Atleast twice

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator
I would use Mosley on a lot of spies to keep Mahomes in containment. As for Kelce I would most definitely cover him with Jimmy since I believe Carr can handle the outside. Just gotta limit his catches and keep his avg catch yardage down. Really wouldn't use more than a 4 man rush most of the times except 3rd and long to force quick throws.
Good scheme. Something tells me cj gets his first sack of the year tomorrow

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
I had chargers or steelers before season and i still do, however i didnt expect kc in a million yrs to be playing like this.. i would not bet agsinst them at all