• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Defence, Keaton Mitchell and the Fumbles

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Lamar Jackson is now 18-1 against the NFC. Lamar has also beat every team in the NFC except for three. We know the Giants won (but it was one of the worst DPI calls on Peters that screwed us out of a game winning interception) but due to injury has never had the chance to beat the Bears or Packers as he missed both of those games. The remaining two NFC games this year are the Rams and 49ers, and we play the NFC East next year so Lamar will have a chance to beat the Giants next season.

As for the Bears & Packers? Lamar will have to wait until 2025 to complete the NFC beatdown as we play the NFC North. Bears at home... and the Packers in Green Bay. (@Ice Bowl, want to hook all of us up with tickets?)

lamar's already beaten the giants...

JAAM

Hall of Famer

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
dude's 6th in the league in pressure rate - getting pressure on like 18% of dropbacks
just needs to wrap
my thing is, what are pressures really? Ive seen both odefe and clowney whiff on sacks for sure but if causing the qb to step up in the pocket and still complete the pass is considered a pressure ..than for me, its not gonna get us no where.. it was the same with yannick and people tried convincing me he was nice…now, if his pressures are causing the qb to throw incomplete passes or if he chases them out the pocket, he the fking man…i must admit, i havent paid much attention to oweh outside of the first two games so him being 6th in pressures is either something i dnt notice, or i just dnt know exactly they consider as a pressure

rossihunter2

Staff Member
my thing is, what are pressures really? Ive seen both odefe and clowney whiff on sacks for sure but if causing the qb to step up in the pocket and still complete the pass is considered a pressure ..than for me, its not gonna get us no where.. it was the same with yannick and people tried convincing me he was nice…now, if his pressures are causing the qb to throw incomplete passes or if he chases them out the pocket, he the fking man…i must admit, i havent paid much attention to oweh outside of the first two games so him being 6th in pressures is either something i dnt notice, or i just dnt know exactly they consider as a pressure

just watch the game back and see what you think
he was all over geno

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor
I can’t agree when it was clearly a brotherly shove type call, and seeing how successful those are it just makes the whole thing hurt even more…
I do not know if its haters when their logic is fairly sound. The Ravens have gotten off to this start or better 5 years in a row and have 1 playoff win to show for it. The argument that you are what you are until you can show otherwise does hold water with me.
But when they levy this critique they don’t acknowledge that Lamar didn’t play the last two seasons when he’s clearly improved as a passer each year. And, this defense could be something special. But it’s fine, let them doubt us

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
I can’t agree when it was clearly a brotherly shove type call, and seeing how successful those are it just makes the whole thing hurt even more…

But when they levy this critique they don’t acknowledge that Lamar didn’t play the last two seasons when he’s clearly improved as a passer each year. And, this defense could be something special. But it’s fine, let them doubt us
Pretty much every single list I have seen has the Ravens 1 or 2 and I think a couple have them at 3 so generally they are considered to be the top team in the AFC right now.

I cant fault the experts though for thinking the Chiefs or Bengals are a bigger threat in the playoffs because that is what the patterns have shown. For the Chiefs their worst year of the past 5 years has been an AFC Championship game (so better than the Ravens best year). Meanwhile for the Bengals we already saw them get off to a slow start and look like this last year and make it to the AFC Championship game and 2 years ago were a Super Bowl team. Believing in the teams that did it before more than a team that has always teased doing it halfway through the year but then comes up short, often due to injuries, is fair.

I just cant criticize it when most of my betting is believing in patterns and trusting them to hold.