• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Coaching Carousel 2024

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
We are now at 7 teams with Head Coach vacancies, with a few more depending how the playoffs go. Could Mike McCarthy be gone if the Cowboys don't at least make it to the NFC Championship? Is Nick Sirriani really on the hot seat if the Eagles lose Monday Night or in the Divisional Round? Could Mike Tomlin step down as Steelers Head Coach? Is Belichick going to hang it up and join Nick Saban somewhere talking about their Championships? We really could have about 10 openings or more this year... a crazy amount of opportunities abound for Coordinators and College Coaches not named Jim Harbaugh.
actually isn't it 9 and I'm counting the in season firings even though they have interim coaches

Simba

Staff Member
Up to 8 openings now... maybe 1 or 2 more pending playoff success. Probably another 1 or 2 (looking at you Dennis Allen) that probably should have been let go but are getting another chance, and will probably be on the hot seat in season.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Check the edited list on page 1 of this thread

If it’s 9, who have I missed on that list?
no, you are right. thanks for keeping this list and I'm probably thinking of a possible firing after the first round of the playoffs.

What is your thought of the news that Siriani could be fired. I think going 11-6 even with a 1-6 finish would be ridiculous to fire him, especially since he was in the SB last year. I think he should replace his coordinators (both of them) and be given another year.

Simba

Staff Member
no, you are right. thanks for keeping this list and I'm probably thinking of a possible firing after the first round of the playoffs.

What is your thought of the news that Siriani could be fired. I think going 11-6 even with a 1-6 finish would be ridiculous to fire him, especially since he was in the SB last year. I think he should replace his coordinators (both of them) and be given another year.
I think it'd be a foolish move. Definitely a rough finish to the regular season, but started out strong and clearly have the talent. Would also say Hurts looks like he's been battling through stuff for weeks.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I think it'd be a foolish move. Definitely a rough finish to the regular season, but started out strong and clearly have the talent. Would also say Hurts looks like he's been battling through stuff for weeks.
most of the season actually

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
Rough finish is an understatement. They finished 1-5 in the last 6 games, and including getting completely embarrassed by the Giants. This was an utter collapse, and had players on other teams saying they could predict every play the Eagles were running.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Rough finish is an understatement. They finished 1-5 in the last 6 games, and including getting completely embarrassed by the Giants. This was an utter collapse, and had players on other teams saying they could predict every play the Eagles were running.
and I can see Tampa Bay beating them

Random question: when do teams typically start hiring their next coach? I recall teams being impatient and not hiring the Patriots staff since they were in the Super Bowl. However, I know that the league has changed the hiring process slightly.

Is making and winning the Super Bowl our only chance to keep both of our coordinators?

JO_75

Hall of Famer
The only coaching move I see happening for sure is Vrabel to the Patriots. Everything else is up in the air and unsure about. Since interviews can't happen until after the Divisional Round, all we can do is speculate on what might happen.

Baltimorican

Practice Squad
The only coaching move I see happening for sure is Vrabel to the Patriots. Everything else is up in the air and unsure about. Since interviews can't happen until after the Divisional Round, all we can do is speculate on what might happen.

I'm not so sure about Vrabel to Patriots

The Eagles situation is completely unraveling. I expect them to get murdered by the Bucs and Siri to be fired.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
Possibly. If they want a new approach to football, not sure Vrabel is it. Also think a lot of people think Mayo will just get promoted to that job.

They'd be better off looking externally though.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
and I think they will give Mayo an opportunity as well.