• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Coaching Carousel 2024

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Seems nonsense unless it’s more mutual and he’s done

He’s turned that franchise around
think it's a mistake to fire him. Going to the playoffs 4 straight seasons with basically RT is a feat in itself. Not that he's a bad QB, but he's certainly not elite. I do agree with @Simba that they have blown some premium draft picks but that shouldn't be on him.

Simba

Staff Member
"As the NFL continues to innovate and evolve, I believe the teams best positioned for sustained success will be those who empower an aligned and collaborative team across all football functions. Last year, we began a shift in our approach to football leadership and made several changes to our personnel to advance that plan. As I continued to assess the state of our team, I arrived at the conclusion that the team would also benefit from the fresh approach and perspective of a new coaching staff."

Basically, Carthon wants his own guy now.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Feel like this one isn't deserved. Has been given shit to work with.

Yeah as much as I want to enjoy this firing for what happened a couple years ago, it isn't deserved as you said. He had a terrible GM previously who just upped and traded his best WR then gave him nothing to replace him. I understand a new GM coming in will want his guy, but the fact the team was still playing hard for him and they won on Sunday spoiling their division rival's season says a lot. That win should have cemented him at least one more year.

I'm thinking the fact they didn't want to wait to trade him means they might be jumping into the Jim Harbaugh sweepstakes.

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
Yeah as much as I want to enjoy this firing for what happened a couple years ago, it isn't deserved as you said. He had a terrible GM previously who just upped and traded his best WR then gave him nothing to replace him. I understand a new GM coming in will want his guy, but the fact the team was still playing hard for him and they won on Sunday spoiling their division rival's season says a lot. That win should have cemented him at least one more year.

I'm thinking the fact they didn't want to wait to trade him means they might be jumping into the Jim Harbaugh sweepstakes.

Terrible move. There is no way he is not at the top of choices. Not sure he would consider a DC job if it was available but if Mike ever left I'd take him in a heartbeat

Simba

Staff Member
All of the Wink stuff in New York is pretty funny right now. Midseason reports that he and Daboll weren't getting along, and Daboll comes out and refutes that immediately. Yesterday it comes out that he's resigning because of his relationship with Daboll. But he's still under contract and can't resign without some sort of agreement, and apparently hasn't even submitted a resignation letter. He was fun for a few years here but glad we dodged this bullet.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Something is up inside the Titans organization. Just listening to former Titans OT Taylor Lewan.... he even seems to be caught off guard by it. He even went as far as saying that the guys he talks to, Vrabel was not the problem.

Michael M.

Pro Bowler
All of the Wink stuff in New York is pretty funny right now. Midseason reports that he and Daboll weren't getting along, and Daboll comes out and refutes that immediately. Yesterday it comes out that he's resigning because of his relationship with Daboll. But he's still under contract and can't resign without some sort of agreement, and apparently hasn't even submitted a resignation letter. He was fun for a few years here but glad we dodged this bullet.
Not a fan of Daboll

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
Hate the Titans, hate Vrabel. Love that he was fired because he was good and that'll keep the Titans down.

Titans had a small stretch where they were respected and thanks to management having the goofy idea of letting AJ Brown go.....

redrum52

Hall of Famer
Titans had a small stretch where they were respected and thanks to management having the goofy idea of letting AJ Brown go.....
Total failure by the FO. Awful draft picks and trading away top talent. They will regret this move. Who was that 1st round tackle they took?