• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Coaching Carousel 2024

QtR Nevermore

Pro Bowler
I don't think the Seahawks have interviewed Macdonald. I've heard the Seahawks could be late players to the Ben Johnson game as well but the key is for Ben Johnson to land in Washington. If Ben Johnson doesn't land in Washington, than Macdonald could go to the Commanders.
I just checked and you're right. They haven't even interviewed MacDonald, so I think we're safe.

Ben Johnson to Wash is all but certain, I think (If it wasn't, one of these other teams making offensive hires would have waited for him. ) and Seattle don't seem interested in Mike.

QtR Nevermore

Pro Bowler
why are you sure we'd want jesse minter?
He's done well at Michigan. That seems like a good basis to hire a DC on.

But really, I'm basing it on that story about Harbaugh sending his 2 young defensive coaches out to get college playcalling experience and only allowing Jim to take one. It seems like he was invested in their development and, I'm guessing, if we lose one he'd want to get back the other.

But really, I'm basing it on that story about Harbaugh sending his 2 young defensive coaches out to get college playcalling experience and only allowing Jim to take one. It seems like he was invested in their development and, I'm guessing, if we lose one he'd want to get back the other.

I’ve already read that Minter will be the DC in LA

Baltimorican

Practice Squad
I just checked and you're right. They haven't even interviewed MacDonald, so I think we're safe.

Ben Johnson to Wash is all but certain, I think (If it wasn't, one of these other teams making offensive hires would have waited for him. ) and Seattle don't seem interested in Mike.

McDonald to Seahawks has been my prediction from the get go.

rossihunter2

Staff Member

jesse minter was nothing special in harb's eyes
mike mac was always the next guy up and the only thing that made anyone think anything else was the fact that he'd left for a year

minter's been gone longer than macdonald and we've got in-house candidates who've been in-house a lot longer than minter with more nfl pedigree too...

think weaver, wilson and hewitt would all be favourites over minter (if he even got an interview)

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Probably, Jim seems to be using John's people to build up his staff. He'll probably take Hortiz too.
of course. Hortiz has already been requested for interview. Could have already had the interview also. He's competing against the giants asst gm, so I expect hortiz to get the job.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
You'd think they already have one at their stadium but I guess it is Seattle. Still, probably have a McDonald's close to the stadium anyway.
2 all beef patties special sauce lettuce cheese ...

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
CFB Insider Bruce Feldman and writer for the Athletic feels that Asst GM for the Giants Brandon Brown has the upper hand. Both he and Hortiz have had 2 interviews with the Chargers. Here is some information on Brown. Bruce Feldman feels Brown has the upper hand...

Brown, 35, was hired by the Giants in 2022, when they hired Joe Schoen as general manager. Before that, Brown spent five seasons with the Philadelphia Eagles — two as assistant director of pro scouting, two as director of pro scouting and one as director of player personnel. Brown also spent two years with the Indianapolis Colts as a scout. He played defensive back at Fordham and also has a law degree.

My sense is Brown has the upper hand in what is shaping up as a two-man race. Either way, this hire should be finalized sooner rather than later.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
CFB Insider Bruce Feldman and writer for the Athletic feels that Asst GM for the Giants Brandon Brown has the upper hand. Both he and Hortiz have had 2 interviews with the Chargers. Here is some information on Brown. Bruce Feldman feels Brown has the upper hand...

Brown, 35, was hired by the Giants in 2022, when they hired Joe Schoen as general manager. Before that, Brown spent five seasons with the Philadelphia Eagles — two as assistant director of pro scouting, two as director of pro scouting and one as director of player personnel. Brown also spent two years with the Indianapolis Colts as a scout. He played defensive back at Fordham and also has a law degree.

My sense is Brown has the upper hand in what is shaping up as a two-man race. Either way, this hire should be finalized sooner rather than later.

Would be a shame for Hortiz but the ravens will be glad for him to stay and selfishly as a fan I’m not sure we’d get as much info about their feelings about certain prospects pre (and post) draft with someone else in his role

JO_75

Hall of Famer
John going to be mad that Jim drafts all the Michigan players and John won't be able to make an obligatory Michigan Pick in the Draft lol.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Interesting.... Dan Quinn being brought back for a 2nd interview with the Commanders. Maybe Ben Johnson isn't a lock to go to the Commanders?