• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Coaching Carousel 2024

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Response to my text about Orr. For transparency, I had gotten the coaching updates I posted yesterday in this thread last Tuesday night, so a bit outdated.

"They love Orr. Got into a room Monday after the loss and decided he was the priority to keep. Probably would have been Wilson if Orr went with Macdonald."

the fact that wilson left in that scenario tells you that orr's pretty much locked surely?

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
Response to my text about Orr. For transparency, I had gotten the coaching updates I posted yesterday in this thread last Tuesday night, so a bit outdated.

"They love Orr. Got into a room Monday after the loss and decided he was the priority to keep. Probably would have been Wilson if Orr went with Macdonald."
Man, this could go either way. Never have I seen such a potential boom or bust situation.

Simba

Staff Member
the fact that wilson left in that scenario tells you that orr's pretty much locked surely?
Would be my guess based on that. Maybe some contract stuff. Will say that Jeff has been beating the drum and he’s usually cautious about that stuff, so probably a good sign.

Simba

Staff Member
This continues the trend of players coaches - guys that first and foremost can identify with the guys they're responsible for molding. A stark difference from the "football lifers" we used to be enamored with.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
I don't know what to make of this hire. It's a rapid rise, for sure. Maybe feels rushed because he'll still be playing if there wasn't for a bad luck with health.

Good luck in any case. It won't be easy to follow up on the season our D just produced.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I don't know what to make of this hire. It's a rapid rise, for sure. Maybe feels rushed because he'll still be playing if there wasn't for a bad luck with health.

Good luck in any case. It won't be easy to follow up on the season our D just produced.
maybe if it works out, owners will say he is too young to be a head coach.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
I have a good feeling about this and couldn’t be happier for Orr. The players absolutely love him

rossihunter2

Staff Member
This continues the trend of players coaches - guys that first and foremost can identify with the guys they're responsible for molding. A stark difference from the "football lifers" we used to be enamored with.

but also very much an embedded in-house candidate

while we're very comfortable looking outward offensively, defensively we remain an organisation that's happy to look inward which is fine by me - the organisational philosophy is adaptable within certain parameters

Ludy51

Hall of Famer
Excited to see what Orr brings to the table

Never been one for thinking that “being loved by the players” is a great selling point, Belicheck and Shula were never loved by their players.

Kinda the same reservation I have for Mayo in NE, but we’ll just have to see

rossihunter2

Staff Member

Never been one for thinking that “being loved by the players” is a great selling point, Belicheck and Shula were never loved by their players.

he's been hired over 3 other promising coordinator candidates
he's definitely bringing more to the table than just being a player's coach

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator

I don't ever expect to have a defense like we just had.

That being said, if we can have a good defense, than maybe we can keep Orr here for a while because no one is hiring a 32 year old head coach.

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor

Actually Belichick is very well liked by his guys. Even Cam Newton talked about loving to work with him.