• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Coaching Carousel 2024

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
I don't ever expect to have a defense like we just had.

That being said, if we can have a good defense, than maybe we can keep Orr here for a while because no one is hiring a 32 year old head coach.
McVay got hired at 30.

If you can coach, no one cares if you're 32.

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
Actually Belichick is very well liked by his guys. Even Cam Newton talked about loving to work with him.
Belichick largely had the attitude that he treated everyone the same- he didn't care if you were the 2024 undrafted free agent who probably wouldn't make the roster or Tom Brady; you were a New England Patriot and he was treating you equally.

This rubbed a lot of players the wrong way. It's rumored to be a big reason Brady left, although, there are many factors there.

JAAM

Hall of Famer

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor

Simba

Staff Member
Good for him. Like him a lot but hard to expect a guy to stay when he's been passed over twice.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
he's been hired over 3 other promising coordinator candidates
he's definitely bringing more to the table than just being a player's coach
How he became an all pro from a UDFA in 2 or 3 years(can’t remember) is a testament to his football mind, this is just another rapid unexpected rise from someone who’s already had a rapid unexpected rise.

I’m not gonna doubt Zach Orr until he gives me a reason to. For all we know we have something special that’s just getting started.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
he's been hired over 3 other promising coordinator candidates
he's definitely bringing more to the table than just being a player's coach

How he became an all pro from a UDFA in 2 or 3 years(can’t remember) is a testament to his football mind, this is just another rapid unexpected rise from someone who’s already had a rapid unexpected rise.

I’m not gonna doubt Zach Orr until he gives me a reason to. For all we know we have something special that’s just getting started.

Shiet... consider me hopeful and doubtful all at the same time. It's just a crazy ass rise. Imagine him going up against Andy Reid. That's massive pressure for someone in his first year as a coordinator. At least we did a test run with MacDonald by pimpin him out to Michigan to be a coordinator for a year. Proved he can handle pressure by beating OSU. We're in a win-now window. Lets hope he's up for the task and it isn't too early for him.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Shiet... consider me hopeful and doubtful all at the same time. It's just a crazy ass rise. Imagine him going up against Andy Reid. That's massive pressure for someone in his first year as a coordinator. At least we did a test run with MacDonald by pimpin him out to Michigan to be a coordinator for a year. Proved he can handle pressure by beating OSU. We're in a win-now window. Lets hope he's up for the task and it isn't too early for him.
Zachary Orr will be our fucking anti mahomes secret weapon

Yay for copium

rossihunter2

Staff Member
so ultimately we've lost Macdonald, Weaver and Wilson all in 1 year

we've got a new DC in Orr

but means we now need to find a new DL coach, a new LB coach and a new DB coach

i wonder where we'll go to fill those holes

we do at least still have Hewitt with the secondary and Dr Rush with the OLBs but no obvious in-house candidates to replace the guys who are leaving

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
so ultimately we've lost Macdonald, Weaver and Wilson all in 1 year

we've got a new DC in Orr

but means we now need to find a new DL coach, a new LB coach and a new DB coach

i wonder where we'll go to fill those holes

we do at least still have Hewitt with the secondary and Dr Rush with the OLBs but no obvious in-house candidates to replace the guys who are leaving
yep, about to get younger. I think we look at a combination of college and current available coaches.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer