• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Nightmare, the Turnovers and the Season's Over

JAAM

Hall of Famer
I’m not sure it’s not Lamar also. I’m done with harbaugh now, but man I’m really tired of seeing Lamar take every tough but winnable game and make damn sure we can’t win it with a bonehead play. He’s good for a red zone pick every high stakes game against a good opponent, and a stupid as fuck one at that.
This is the most disheartening part because the pressure on him is now almost insurmountable after today and that might make him do that shit a lot more

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
A year ago or maybe a week ago I'd agree. No team seems to want to deal with him now. Attaching to a somewhat strong team and say we got over the hump next year, he'd still get a lot of credit and could pursue another vacancy. Highly doubt it would happen anyway but was just saying. It's not like we have ravens football to discuss anymore.

And no team should give BB personnel decisions... or at least draft decisions.
I agree entirely with the draft sentiment, but BB has earned the right to pick the opportunity he wants and if he doesn't feel he's getting the opportunity he deserves, he'll just not coach. It's not like he has anything left to earn monetarily or prove.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Maybe an unpopular opinion but I honestly don’t think people getting into the sport that know nothing about it and don’t really care about the sport itself is a good thing.

I mean, on a graph it looks good cause the line goes up but it’s like saying cause your GDP is going up it means your economy is good. Sure it can be an indicator but it’s not a sure thing
It's all about money. Sport is always on the back burner when it comes to almighty $.

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
I’m not sure it’s not Lamar also. I’m done with harbaugh now, but man I’m really tired of seeing Lamar take every tough but winnable game and make damn sure we can’t win it with a bonehead play. He’s good for a red zone pick every high stakes game against a good opponent, and a stupid as fuck one at that.

Let me tell you this before anything else, I’m not mad we lost bc I see a lot of things that I liked and we could build upon.

Lamar has had 3 runs in the playoffs not including the rookie season. And he’s improved in each and got further. IMO

My biggest gripe this game was the gameplan and us not running the ball. That bothers me

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor
I have to admit I had not watched a ton of Ravens football this year, but holy smokes that guy is good. If I didn’t know better I would have sworn there was two of him on the field. Nobody could question his want to win.
This is the shit I mean. He knows what the fuck he is doing. Sickening

Carptom1

Practice Squad
How do you feel about the 49ers?
I don’t know. Our defense will give Purdy issues. As you can see we can get a lot of pressure on him. Their defense isn’t nearly as good as yours, so honestly I see it 24-20 range toss up. I would like to think we could score more, but I don’t know. I would hate to lose to them. We did put 44 on them last year at their place. So who knows.

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
I’m so conflicted with this because I like the guy and he keeps us competitive but look at the two coaches that are in the SB.. two offensive minded guys that are absolute geniuses and know how to run elite offenses. Harbaugh isn’t an X’s and O’s guy and the rah-rah bs gets old when you haven’t won anything important in over 10 years or even reach the SB since then and you hang onto inept coordinators for too fucking long

To me it’s the lack of execution. Consistently. Guys keep missing blocks and shit.

The bogus response about not running the ball bc the game didn’t call for it really rubbed me the wrong way

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
holy fucking hell my night just got exponentially worse as everyone knows I hate the fucking Niners. This’ll be the first time in a long time I don’t watch a Super Bowl
To be honest, there's absolutely nothing remotely appealing in that one either.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Let me tell you this before anything else, I’m not mad we lost bc I see a lot of things that I liked and we could build upon.

Lamar has had 3 runs in the playoffs not including the rookie season. And he’s improved in each and got further. IMO

My biggest gripe this game was the gameplan and us not running the ball. That bothers me
Agree and although our defense may take a step back next season, there is no reason we can't get better on offense in year two, especially with Flowers in year two.

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
Did anyone catch Ronnie Stanley hugging Flowers. Flowers was so emotional after the game and I feel for him. He knows he screwed up, but he also was the only WR to contribute throughout the game. Love this kid.
I absolutely love Zay and he's going to be great for many years, but he made two absolutely monumental mistakes that stifled a Ravens comeback chance. I understand being upset.

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
On the topic of Harbaugh-

I think it'd be really difficult to argue he's a bad coach; quite the opposite, really. He's phenomenal. But sometimes, a coach just isn't it anymore for a team and needs a change of scenery. It happens.

I'm not necessarily saying I want that because I haven't given it much thought, but it is a bit sickening that the Ravens continually have the same issues over and over in the playoffs since 2013.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
I ain’t ever getting excited about this fucking team again man

Last edited: