• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Nightmare, the Turnovers and the Season's Over

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
Agree and although our defense may take a step back next season, there is no reason we can't get better on offense in year two, especially with Flowers in year two.

Shockingly, we may not even take a step back.

If we can get a guy back who’s shown a ton of promise as a pass rusher then we might be in business

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
Mind you, they didn’t run the ball well. Even Andy knew to give Pat a break to set up some PA man.

Fuck
Play action still works without a functioning running game.

I think the bigger thing is, even if you only get three yards, if you do that twice, it's 3rd and 4. That's a lot better than two incompletions or a sack.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Play action still works without a functioning running game.

I think the bigger thing is, even if you only get three yards, if you do that twice, it's 3rd and 4. That's a lot better than two incompletions or a sack.
I just don't understand the game plan today. Monken has been pretty good this season and it got better as the season went on and Lamar got more comfortable in the scheme, but damn, how do you not run the ball in the playoffs when it is a huge strength.

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
On the topic of Harbaugh-

I think it'd be really difficult to argue he's a bad coach; quite the opposite, really. He's phenomenal. But sometimes, a coach just isn't it anymore for a team and needs a change of scenery. It happens.

I'm not necessarily saying I want that because I haven't given it much thought, but it is a bit sickening that the Ravens continually have the same issues over and over in the playoffs since 2013.
2014 had a different feel than the Lamar playoff era imo, but I do wonder if it's time for a change. If not now, then 2024 might be his last year here

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
The team is going to bleed A LOT of talent offensively and defensively.

It'd be an absolute masterclass if the Ravens had a season even remotely mirroring this one next year.

Love OBJ but we can’t count on him bc of injuries. Constantly in and out.

If you told me we lost OBJ and Nelson but gained Dobbins and Keaton I’d take the trade in a heart beat.

I think the key next year is going to be those guys or a combo of them and someone else

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
I just don't understand the game plan today. Monken has been pretty good this season and it got better as the season went on and Lamar got more comfortable in the scheme, but damn, how do you not run the ball in the playoffs when it is a huge strength.

It doesn’t make sense. Even against the Titans. We just didn’t run. It was all Lamar running all over the place

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
Coaches outthinking themselves.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Open for discussion.

Truth

Staff Member
Administrator
This person really shouldn't be here. We've known they're a troll and in the past they at least attempted to lie and say they just had different perspectives. But like wtf? Get a life my guy.

He's been removed. I was not familiar with them until today. I've comed through their posts and they seem to have reveled in the Ravens downfalls and taunting the fan base. That has no business here.

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
They moved the chains quite a bit by passing, more than by rushing. Our zone doesn't work against them if pass rush can't get to Mahomes.
And the pass rush is something I talked about a lot- if the Ravens aren't in long down and distance, how good is the pass rush? Today showed- not very good.

There was a stat at one point that the Chiefs hadn't converted a single third down over 8 yards (like 5 maybe?), but at that point, the Chiefs were probably still around 50%-60% on third down.

When the Ravens were able to set themselves up into third and long, as they did in the second half, things worked out for them defensively.

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
He's been removed. I was not familiar with them until today. I've comed through their posts and they seem to have reveled in the Ravens downfalls and taunting the fan base. That has no business here.

Can I ask who this was?

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
And the pass rush is something I talked about a lot- if the Ravens aren't in long down and distance, how good is the pass rush? Today showed- not very good.

There was a stat at one point that the Chiefs hadn't converted a single third down over 8 yards (like 5 maybe?), but at that point, the Chiefs were probably still around 50%-60% on third down.

When the Ravens were able to set themselves up into third and long, as they did in the second half, things worked out for them defensively.

It’s a marvel what we’ve done this year defensively without true pressure from guys on the Line. We put together a bunch of guys on the outside to get to the qb

JAAM

Hall of Famer
THANK YOU!!!

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor
Kelce literally taunts every play
WTF are you talking about? I like good football and players. Dude is a stud.
This is ridiculous ?
Who, is this about Bored Maine? I thought he was a mod

JAAM

Hall of Famer

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
Kelce literally taunts every play

This is ridiculous ?

Who, is this about Bored Maine? I thought he was a mod
No, Bored wasn't a mod. I can share the update with you if you're that curious.

As far as the Chiefs fan- please just let it go. I don't see anything wrong with what he's doing, so just block him if you need to.