• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Nightmare, the Turnovers and the Season's Over

He threw off balance, while being hit into double coverage vs Jacksonville. Likely caught it and Lamar was proclaimed a genius. That shit was on every channel and podcast non stop for two weeks. Threw behind Likely vs Texans but Likely caught it - genius again. Yesterday Likely was blatantly tackled and was robbed of the opportunity to fight for football. It's feasible he could have caught it or at least could have done enough to break the INT - Lamar sucks in critical moments.

It's fucking hard being Lamar. Always under the microscope, regardless of the fact everybody is forgetting - offensive game plan was atrociously bad. No attempts to alter it, either. Playing under the pump AND under the microscope with almost no help is sometimes too much even for Lamar.
lol, I don’t think you even read my whole post. I think I said I/you/any fucking body can’t blame Lamar completely. There were plenty of fuckups to go around, including Monken and his game plan. But I said what I said. Go back and look again at the play. There was no way he should have thrown the fuckin ball. Period. Was it Lamar’s fault we lost the game? Well no, but he contributed to the clusteryfuck of a game.

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
Yea we can’t even be that upset because the entire media liked him in this game, picked us, heavily supported the narrative he should be mvp, and gave us every shot. Hell we were 4 1/2 point favorites to the fucking chiefs. If we lose this game and we play well, his status as top 3 holds. We deserve to be critized and bitched on.
(to clarify I mean top 3 to media holds I obviously think he is)

On a personal level of all the shit talking I did this year claiming it’s our year, boy am I going to be eating it for the next 8 months. Worst part about being somehwere like California is you are the only ravens fan anyone knows so you get 100% of shit thrown back at you. Ugh.
Man, my phone has been blowing up with text messages from cats that I talk football with (fans of other teams) and even from those that I have not. Cats have been hitting me up on Facebook messenger calling the Ravens the great pretenders, and chokers, and how Lamar will NEVER get us to a Super Bowl to win it because he's a running back who chokes under the pressure of big games. Hard to argue.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Ball is nowhere to be seen when they start pushing Likely off. He would have definitely had the opportunity.
I posted still shots, but it wasn't uncatchable at all. I don't know why this is a prevailing narrative.
Because the ball was intercepted far short of where Likely was at the time contact. Db had a clear unobstructed path to the ball, Likely, even without contact, would have had to backtrack from inside the endzone, back to the goal line, and highpoint 3 defenders where 2 had far superior leverage to the catch.

Flag should be thrown because it removes Likely’s ability to get on defense, but that’s it, that’s an uncatchable ball in that scenario, that ball needs to be coming down just shy of the cross bar, not the goal line.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
We’ve looked unprepared for the majority of every playoff game since Lamar took over so who’s going to take accountability? This shit’s becoming a cycle and it’s fucking unacceptable at this point. I mean this is Cowboys-level of unraveling and it’s getting extremely difficult to defend Lamar and Harbaugh

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
Because the ball was intercepted far short of where Likely was at the time contact.
If you look at the screenshots I provided, this is objectively false.

Edit: I see the link is now not working, but Likely was literally contacted where the ball was intercepted.

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
We’ve looked unprepared for the majority of every playoff game since Lamar took over so who’s going to take accountability? This shit’s becoming a cycle and it’s fucking unacceptable at this point. I mean this is Cowboys-level of unraveling and it’s getting extremely difficult to defend Lamar and Harbaugh

Mind you the Cowboys have had these issues with 2 QBs now.

drjohnnyfever

Pro Bowler
And this is at the tail end of ray and Ed’s careers, the window looked like it had slammed shut.

It feels that way now, but there’s some fucking dogs on this team still, guys that will learn from this. And we have a newish staff and a lot of guys that are rounding out their roles here like Martin and dubb and weaver etc. along with Steve Saunders being shitcanned. Then of course, there’s Capo DeCosta who really shouldn’t be doubted anymore.

We are a next man up franchise if there’s ever been one.

Biggest concern is, can we win the big game with harbaugh at the helm… I believe we’re gonna knock at that door over and over, but unless harbaugh can fix whatever the fuck it is that has us looking like this in EVERY big game, then it’s gonna take luck for us to get over the hump.

This was a Joe flacco problem as well, he was the streakiest fucking guy ever and we really disliked his ass at times, how much of it was really Joe and how much was Harbaugh?
This is what I worry about with John. He had the vet leadership and a replacement OFF coordinator that distilled a few plays into a Championship. The only other time we really looked like we knew what we were doing was with Kubiak, then in 2018-19 - which I argue was lightening in a bottle, and then this year. We really looked like we figured it out only to... heartbreak again. I'm just not convinced of John after all these years and I don't want that to stop me from wanting to believe in Lamar.

drjohnnyfever

Pro Bowler
lol, I don’t think you even read my whole post. I think I said I/you/any fucking body can’t blame Lamar completely. There were plenty of fuckups to go around, including Monken and his game plan. But I said what I said. Go back and look again at the play. There was no way he should have thrown the fuckin ball. Period. Was it Lamar’s fault we lost the game? Well no, but he contributed to the clusteryfuck of a game.
Exactly, it's not the fault of just one player. I find it really hard to swallow that the refs cost us the game or that a call did. Why? Because you can't lose your composure and get a Personal Foul penalties and expect to get deference on tight interpretations, no matter what they are... PI's, holding whatever. The refs, like it or not are then there to diffuse more bullshit. The loss of composure and poor overall OFF play cost us the game. Not the refs.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
This is what I worry about with John. He had the vet leadership and a replacement OFF coordinator that distilled a few plays into a Championship. The only other time we really looked like we knew what we were doing was with Kubiak, then in 2018-19 - which I argue was lightening in a bottle, and then this year. We really looked like we figured it out only to... heartbreak again. I'm just not convinced of John after all these years and I don't want that to stop me from wanting to believe in Lamar.
Agree with this wholeheartedly. Sometimes I really wish we had a young offensive minded HC at the helm. I’m almost on the fire-Harbaugh bandwagon but there’s just absolutely no way it happens unless it’s on his terms

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
Man, my phone has been blowing up with text messages from cats that I talk football with (fans of other teams) and even from those that I have not. Cats have been hitting me up on Facebook messenger calling the Ravens the great pretenders, and chokers, and how Lamar will NEVER get us to a Super Bowl to win it because he's a running back who chokes under the pressure of big games. Hard to argue.
My in laws have been brutal, trashing Lamar. Unfortunately, I have to take this shit.

Last edited:

JHR2022

Practice Squad
Does anyone else feel like we blew the best chance we will probably have for the next, say, 5 years?
Absolutely. We’re going to have a killer schedule next year and will have to contend with up and coming teams in Cleveland, Houston, Jacksonville, Miami, and of course KC.

Exactly, it's not the fault of just one player. I find it really hard to swallow that the refs cost us the game or that a call did. Why? Because you can't lose your composure and get a Personal Foul penalties and expect to get deference on tight interpretations, no matter what they are... PI's, holding whatever. The refs, like it or not are then there to diffuse more bullshit. The loss of composure and poor overall OFF play cost us the game. Not the refs.
Yes it was a total team loss. I just don’t see how anyone could blame the refs for the loss after all the mental mistakes that we made. Had we played an error free game and the refs blew a call that cost us the game, then heck yeah I’m on the “blame the refs” train.

The loss of composure was huge in this game. I truly believe that our team got caught up in all the hype leading up to this game. KC came in here with a huge chip on their shoulders because of the disrespect from media, and maybe some comments made. But you could tell they played in a higher gear then we did.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Agree with this wholeheartedly. Sometimes I really wish we had a young offensive minded HC at the helm. I’m almost on the fire-Harbaugh bandwagon but there’s just absolutely no way it happens unless it’s on his terms
He's got one more year, than a lame duck in '25.

JHR2022

Practice Squad
What’s with that side arm stuff Lamar sometimes throws? I get that it may come in handy once in a while but he seems to throw that way a bit too much for my taste. It’s not a very accurate way to pass.

redrum52

Hall of Famer
Normally, I don't rock with that Acho cat on 'Speak' but today, I had to agree. He said:

"I love me some Greg Roman, People hate Greg Roman, hated him as offensive coordinator. Love me some Greg Roman! Love him! He helped Lamar Jackson win a unanimous MVP, helped Colin Kaepernick get to a Super Bowl, and helped revive Alex Smith's career. I love me some Greg Roman but they got rid of Greg Roman. They said Gre Roman wasn't enough. They said, that they ran the ball too much with Greg Roman. Said the offense was too simplistic with Greg Roman. Said Greg Roman was holding Lamar Jackson back! So now you bring in Todd Monken, you draft another 1st round wide receiver in Zay Flowers, and you paid OBJ $15m cause Lamar Jackson wanted another wide receiver. You got Isaiah Likely at tight end, Mark Andrews at tight end, you got Rashod Bateman a 1st round wide receiver, you got Nelson Agholar. You got all of these receivers, AND NOW THEY ARE COMPLAINING THAT THEY DIDN'T RUN THE BALL ENOUGH!"

My take was, that it is ironic that we wanted to get rid of Roman for running too much and now with Monken we didn't run enough.

Acho is an inconsistent asshole and Roman did the same thing in 19 by abandoning the run. The question we need to ask is why can't this team ever seem to run the ball well if Lamar isn't the one doing it? And why the hell didn't we even attempt to establish the run? Going strictly off memory felt like the few times we did run it was out of 11 personnel but could be wrong.

drjohnnyfever

Pro Bowler
Finally watching some of these plays, man the underneath stuff was there, god damn it
Dude, absolutely! There were 10 to 15 yard empty spaces behind their Dline and our WR's were so aggressively charging downfield for the homerun that those intermediate passes were open the whole game and Lamar never considered them. It was a horrible failure in throwing to the deep routes the whole game. Five completions in that intermediate zone pulls the LBs and maybe a S in there to mitigate completions and that - THEN - maybe opens up the long ball. By the 2nd quarter, I had given up seeing it. And when they came out in the 3rd doing the same shit, it was over. Over Johnny! lol

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
Last week when we won our first playoff game and we celebrated in the locker room like we won the Super Bowl, I quietly said to myself…..I don’t like it! All that stupid dancing, I did not like that shit one bit!!! That game didn’t mean shit, we got two more games we got to fucking win!!! You got to stay laser focused on the goal. Big fucking deal, we won one playoff game after a bye week, all that does is get us a shittier draft spot in the draft, so why would you celebrate now like that? This was what my gut told me. Then I see a team yesterday that looked undisciplined and got pushed around and bullied at home. At least after a few drives, the defense was able to wake the fuck up, but the offense could not get its shit together. They panicked and you could see it on the sideline. You could see that wide eyed bewildered look…that, this is not supposed to be happening shit on their faces. I saw it on Harbaugh’s face.

They pissed that game away, because they lost that fucking edge they had. That chip on their shoulder that should have been there, because we were playing the reigning champions, who said, fuck you young punks…..you want it…..you better be man enough to take it from us. Yesterday, from minute one we cracked like little bitches. Honestly, I could not be more embarrassed.

Ironically, as I am typing this, my Steeler wife is watching today’s video from “Steeler Dad,” who is laughing his ass off that we fell like a house of cards. What do we have to show for the season now? A shitty draft position and AFC North Division Title banner that I really don’t care about after losing twice to the Steelers and beating the Burrow-less Bengals.

This season was completely pissed away by that piss poor performance yesterday and it is going to take a long damned time to wash the stink off it and get this taste out of all our mouths. Fucking embarrassing!

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
Media clowning Baltimore. Saying the Chiefs came into Baltimore and 'bullied' the bullies and punked them out of "who they are" (a dominant team) starting with Kelce and Mahomes disrespecting Tucker during his warmups. Nick Wright dropped this:
U7KnWL4.jpg