• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Nightmare, the Turnovers and the Season's Over

Tank

Hall of Famer
Does anyone think that there were more running plays called in but Lamar changed them to passing plays?
I was just about to post this question.

What’s your thoughts?
We won’t hear from him until possibly later, but I’d be interested to hear Spags take on the game.

Last edited:

ginowho

Practice Squad
I love the ravens...but please tell me why Smith did that rough encroachment with the clock stopped! Please please please purple Nation give me a reason.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
Does anyone think that there were more running plays called in but Lamar changed them to passing plays?
Maybe he wanted the ball in his hands the whole game.. yea could be a possibility cause its no way we came out and did the shit we did unless lamar wanted it that way

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
I've thought about this. I don't know the answer, but I'd doubt it because if the coaches felt running was the best course of action, someone would have gotten in Lamar's ear and told him to run the called play and hand the ball off.

I think it was a collective effort. Lamar is never going to say no to being asked to pass. The coaches needed to take the measured approach.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I've thought about this. I don't know the answer, but I'd doubt it because if the coaches felt running was the best course of action, someone would have gotten in Lamar's ear and told him to run the called play and hand the ball off.

I think it was a collective effort. Lamar is never going to say no to being asked to pass. The coaches needed to take the measured approach.
you score one of those TDs, whether it be Zay Flowers on the 98 yard drive and then he fumbled on the 1 yard line diving for the goal line or Ronnie blocks long enough for Lamar to pass to Bateman, than the game would be different and we would have been more balanced.

if if if ....

Lamar seemed more antsy in this game. Definitely didn't show the calm and poise as previous games and then he turns to a turd when he's jittery like that.

That's why I wish we would've ran more. It probably would've gave him the chance to calm down a bit.

This is what a work buddy sent me lol. IMG_20240130_182844.jpg

CanadianRavensFan

Practice Squad
I love the ravens...but please tell me why Smith did that rough encroachment with the clock stopped! Please please please purple Nation give me a reason.
Because if the chiefs got a first down with the clock running we would lose. We had three time stoppages, 2 timeouts and the 2 minute warning, so we couldn't let them run a play on the 1st & 5. If we didn't take that penalty KC converts the first down, we lose a time out or the two minute warning and at best we leave our offence with 1:30 to score a td. With the penalty we saved the offence 30 more seconds for them to try to score. The problem is that we failed to stop KC on 3rd down

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
Lamar seemed more antsy in this game. Definitely didn't show the calm and poise as previous games and then he turns to a turd when he's jittery like that.

That's why I wish we would've ran more. It probably would've gave him the chance to calm down a bit.

This is what a work buddy sent me lol. View attachment 5912

Cowboys went to a NFC championship game?

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
I've said it before, but Chiefs got in our heads before we even did the coin toss. It was obvious from the Tucker shit. We should've shut that shit down before the game started. Instead, we let them mind fuck us and then we played undisciplined, tense football.

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor

This is what a work buddy sent me lol. View attachment 5912
I’m already seeing blind stat comparisons too, well Dak did after all throw 3TDs and 400 yards this year…. Lamar taking a ton of heat, and it is deserved, but he had 6TDs to 2 turnovers and however many yards, he did play better this year.

That god damn fumble man, we’d have won the game, that momentum change was about to be a top 5 moment in franchise history. Instead it was a continuation of the heartbreak since 2013

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
I’m already seeing blind stat comparisons too, well Dak did after all throw 3TDs and 400 yards this year…. Lamar taking a ton of heat, and it is deserved, but he had 6TDs to 2 turnovers and however many yards, he did play better this year.

That god damn fumble man, we’d have won the game, that momentum change was about to be a top 5 moment in franchise history. Instead it was a continuation of the heartbreak since 2013
Dak's stats or what they largely were this year- garbage time padding.

He wracked up stats when the game was well out of hand.

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
you score one of those TDs, whether it be Zay Flowers on the 98 yard drive and then he fumbled on the 1 yard line diving for the goal line or Ronnie blocks long enough for Lamar to pass to Bateman, than the game would be different and we would have been more balanced.

if if if ....
I've said it several times, but luck didn't benefit the Ravens in a way that it does other Super Bowl winners.

Just watch the 49ers- Brock Purdy had at least five interception worthy plays, including one that bounced off the defender's facemask and into the hands of receiver for a 50 yard gain.

There's a lot of clear and obvious no calls that happened that changed the game (DPI on Likely, holding on Likely, unnecessary roughness/blindside block on Maulet, Chris Jones literally beating Simpson's head back and forth, etc.) If those get called, the game probably equalizes a lot. If Zay doesn't fumble or the Ravens fall on it, I think the game looks way different. I don't think the Ravens force the ball to Likely like they did (still waiting to hear how it was a hail mary.)

There's just so many critical points in time that we could point to and say, "If this had been called correctly," or "If this just broke the Ravens way," and it sucks. That game was totally winnable.

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor
I've said it several times, but luck didn't benefit the Ravens in a way that it does other Super Bowl winners.

Just watch the 49ers- Brock Purdy had at least five interception worthy plays, including one that bounced off the defender's facemask and into the hands of receiver for a 50 yard gain.

There's a lot of clear and obvious no calls that happened that changed the game (DPI on Likely, holding on Likely, unnecessary roughness/blindside block on Maulet, Chris Jones literally beating Simpson's head back and forth, etc.) If those get called, the game probably equalizes a lot. If Zay doesn't fumble or the Ravens fall on it, I think the game looks way different. I don't think the Ravens force the ball to Likely like they did (still waiting to hear how it was a hail mary.)

There's just so many critical points in time that we could point to and say, "If this had been called correctly," or "If this just broke the Ravens way," and it sucks. That game was totally winnable.
So true, both fumbles bounced their way. And my god Purdy probably had 5 turnover worthy plays in the Packer game too, so annoyed I have to pull for that privileged dipshit

CanadianRavensFan

Practice Squad

I 100% believe that if the PI on Likely was called that the Ravens would have won. We had all of the momentum at that point and scoring a TD would have only of helped us

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
This is kinda where I'm at. The Chiefs have a top defense, a top DC, and it was always going to be tough whatever we tried to do. We weren't going to be able to run it down their throats and walk over them. While we all wish they would have have run more, as you mentioned it was going to be the pass that set up the run game. And I always thought the path to victory was going to be through the air as it seemed Lamar and the receivers were ready to roll. That and LJ taking off running when he was able were our strengths moving forward through the tournament, but sadly they shit the bed.
It was never going to be through the air my brother. Ried's game plan was to make him a 'pocket-passer' which would limit Lamar's abilities.