• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The 2024 Offseason Thread

QtR Nevermore

Pro Bowler
Also from the presser, the way EDC talked about different types of Edge rushers made me think they're looking for a power rusher this year to complement the speed rushers they've got.

We need 3 new olinemen, atleast 1 cb, a pass rusher and a wr. Man we are in some trouble

While your statement does hold some truth I don’t think we’re “in some trouble”. OL is my only true worry as we need to add a starter and rely on the development of the current guys on our roster. I think we’re in a good spot and could line up today and win at least enough games to get in the playoffs.

CB: we have our starters, we need a reserve player who can play outside and has potential as a future starter (day 1-3 pick would likely fulfill this need)

Pass Rusher: again we have our starters, we could use insurance in case injuries happen. (Day 2-3, cap casualties would likely fulfill this need)

WR: With the addition of Hardy, we have our top 4 although adding another play maker and future proofing is needed. (Day 1-2, Gallup would fulfill this need)

OL: This is where it’s gets tricky. We likely fill one of the G spots in house, and we have three mediocre guys to potentially play T. Also would like to add someone to likely take our at LT next year. (Likely to add at least two guys here through the draft)

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
While your statement does hold some truth I don’t think we’re “in some trouble”. OL is my only true worry as we need to add a starter and rely on the development of the current guys on our roster. I think we’re in a good spot and could line up today and win at least enough games to get in the playoffs.

CB: we have our starters, we need a reserve player who can play outside and has potential as a future starter (day 1-3 pick would likely fulfill this need)

Pass Rusher: again we have our starters, we could use insurance in case injuries happen. (Day 2-3, cap casualties would likely fulfill this need)

WR: With the addition of Hardy, we have our top 4 although adding another play maker and future proofing is needed. (Day 1-2, Gallup would fulfill this need)

OL: This is where it’s gets tricky. We likely fill one of the G spots in house, and we have three mediocre guys to potentially play T. Also would like to add someone to likely take our at LT next year. (Likely to add at least two guys here through the draft)
We have hump and stephens but outside of that, we dnt even know whose gonna be the 3rd or the guy rotating..pass rusher, not one of us here actually have faith in our edge rushers. We are banking on obajo and odefe.
Wr isnt that bad but if bateman is with that bullshit still, we are fked

rossihunter2

Staff Member
We have hump and stephens but outside of that, we dnt even know whose gonna be the 3rd or the guy rotating..pass rusher, not one of us here actually have faith in our edge rushers. We are banking on obajo and odefe.

The 3rd guy right now is Arthur maulet, that’s why they paid him to come back

I’m sure they’d love to add another safety and another outside CB but they’ve got a starting 5 they’re happy to work with right now

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
Well, you're basically looking for depth then.
In a healthy game, Stephens, Marlon, Hamilton and Williams are playing near or @ 100% of the snaps. They're not coming off the field. So whoever the 5th or 6th DB is will be rotational, with Maulet first in line. Pepe and JAD are also on the roster, and any CB we add that isn't a first rounder will likely have to compete with those two guys for rotational snaps.

At OLB, we have Ojabo, Oweh, Van Noy and Robinson. For now. I'm sure we'll add more. The first three guys are pretty much going to have to play well. We can't just keep band-aiding our pass rush group with 30+ year old veterans every year. Oweh and Ojabo are basically high draft picks. They need to step up, play, and play well. And if they don't, then our pass rush will struggle. We don't have the luxury of being 6 deep at pass rusher anymore.
And that's before we note that since we just gave a massive contract to Madubuike, there should at least be some expectation that there's interior pass rush as well, not just from edge players. So for the first time in quite a long time, you need to think about our interior Dline as a pass rush group also, not just a "take on blocks to free up the linebackers" group.

WR is what it is. We'll add somebody in the draft. Maybe high, maybe middle. Flowers, Bateman, Agholor, and that player will likely be the top 4. You've got two strong TEs as well. Barring a flood of injuries, I don't think you need to improve that group dramatically in order to win games in this league. The offense won't be winning any fantasy football awards, but that's not what this is about.

Oline I'm pretty much as concerned as anybody at this point, so we're in alignment there. I'm still surprised we haven't added a veteran Guard, but at least for now, it seems likely that we're going to draft 1-2, and basically have 4-5 guys open competing for spots on that line. Maybe that works out, maybe it doesn't.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Bowser a hoe

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
Well, you're basically looking for depth then.
In a healthy game, Stephens, Marlon, Hamilton and Williams are playing near or @ 100% of the snaps. They're not coming off the field. So whoever the 5th or 6th DB is will be rotational, with Maulet first in line. Pepe and JAD are also on the roster, and any CB we add that isn't a first rounder will likely have to compete with those two guys for rotational snaps.

At OLB, we have Ojabo, Oweh, Van Noy and Robinson. For now. I'm sure we'll add more. The first three guys are pretty much going to have to play well. We can't just keep band-aiding our pass rush group with 30+ year old veterans every year. Oweh and Ojabo are basically high draft picks. They need to step up, play, and play well. And if they don't, then our pass rush will struggle. We don't have the luxury of being 6 deep at pass rusher anymore.
And that's before we note that since we just gave a massive contract to Madubuike, there should at least be some expectation that there's interior pass rush as well, not just from edge players. So for the first time in quite a long time, you need to think about our interior Dline as a pass rush group also, not just a "take on blocks to free up the linebackers" group.

WR is what it is. We'll add somebody in the draft. Maybe high, maybe middle. Flowers, Bateman, Agholor, and that player will likely be the top 4. You've got two strong TEs as well. Barring a flood of injuries, I don't think you need to improve that group dramatically in order to win games in this league. The offense won't be winning any fantasy football awards, but that's not what this is about.

Oline I'm pretty much as concerned as anybody at this point, so we're in alignment there. I'm still surprised we haven't added a veteran Guard, but at least for now, it seems likely that we're going to draft 1-2, and basically have 4-5 guys open competing for spots on that line. Maybe that works out, maybe it doesn't.

I brought this up a while ago about these 2 being the reason we have to do a patch job every year and was met with resistance.

marklar

Pro Bowler
Two things with the Bowser situation that I don't get
Why wouldn't he contest the designation at the time when he was put on the NFI before camp, i.e. something like July?
And why isn't it resolved until 2025? Legal system being wierd, it doesn't seem that complex to get doctor's report and get an expert to rule either way

52520Andrew

Pro Bowler
I think as a whole besides O-line we don’t have any significant position of need. I do think lack of depth is an issue though at a lot of positions and means that if we have anyone go down, it will be a struggle. I do think this puts us in position to draft BPA but then you also have to hope someone falls to us at 30.

Simba

Staff Member
I think as a whole besides O-line we don’t have any significant position of need. I do think lack of depth is an issue though at a lot of positions and means that if we have anyone go down, it will be a struggle. I do think this puts us in position to draft BPA but then you also have to hope someone falls to us at 30.
Yep. OL is your hole right now from a starting perspective, but depth is lacking at RB, WR, ILB, Edge, CB, and S