• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The 2024 Offseason Thread

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor
My softball team finished #1 seed out of 27 teams...first rd loss also. My balls still ache from that trio of kicks. But yeah ravens was the worst because it was the only case where you KNEW we had the best team.
My flag football team pulled a 2007 Patriots, comical stuff

Simba

Staff Member
Liar's luncheon notes

- Unlikely to make anymore additions to the roster pre-draft
- Understands the roster isn't complete but it doesn't need to happen now
- Expects Trenton Simpson to get first shot at ILB
- Less draftable prospects this year, always wants more picks but doesn't want late ones
- Would take a premium to move out of the 1st and lose the 5th year option
- OL and WR are deep
- CB not as deep, would like to pick one early
- RB sneakily strong in the mid-rounds

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator
For pure excitement purposes on that first round Thursday night, the 5th year option has saved us ravens fans a lot of trader outs and picking shitty prospects (upshaw, kindle, K.C)

JO_75

Hall of Famer
We play the Eagles this year but not in Week 1. The Eagles and Packers will play in Brazil on Friday September 6th.

QtR Nevermore

Pro Bowler
Liar's luncheon notes

- Unlikely to make anymore additions to the roster pre-draft
- Understands the roster isn't complete but it doesn't need to happen now
- Expects Trenton Simpson to get first shot at ILB
- Less draftable prospects this year, always wants more picks but doesn't want late ones
- Would take a premium to move out of the 1st and lose the 5th year option
- OL and WR are deep
- CB not as deep, would like to pick one early
- RB sneakily strong in the mid-rounds
Agree with all of these except your CB note. Maybe I missed them implying they want one early. EDC did say wanted to add one but I was surprised how little it was mentioned compared to OL and WR.

A few things you didn't mention

- EDC more or less said they WILL draft an RB somewhere from R4 on
- It sounded very much like Edge will be a middle round target rather then early
- Safety wasn't mentioned at all, despite being a pretty big need. Might be a vet FA position.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Agree with all of these except your CB note. Maybe I missed them implying they want one early. EDC did say wanted to add one but I was surprised how little it was mentioned compared to OL and WR.

A few things you didn't mention

- EDC more or less said they WILL draft an RB somewhere from R4 on
- It sounded very much like Edge will be a middle round target rather then early
- Safety wasn't mentioned at all, despite being a pretty big need. Might be a vet FA position.
he said the CB class wasn't as deep as the OL and WR class.

Simba

Staff Member
Yeah, I caught that but I didn't necessarily take it as a clue that he wants to take one early. That might be an un-Ravens like chasing of positional need over BPA
Maybe a slight mischaracterization on my end admittedly, but said he wants to add a talented CB while also saying that the talent is there in the early rounds.

But again, liar's luncheon. He could have this as one of the deeper CB classes for all we know.