• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The 2024 Offseason Thread

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer

"Former Seahawks Pro Bowl safety"

380d5x.jpg

Last edited:

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
I remember a few years ago I really wanted Adams.

My understanding is that he has not played very well at all. A change of scenery would help him. It's not like we need him to play full time either.

Sandtown

Pro Bowler
Returning temporarily to say that offseason Wired was fun from an insight perspective.

It's very clear that Wiggins was the guy.

It was interesting to hear Joe D all but admit (and them actually showing it) that T was a need. Harbaugh alluded to possibly trading back where they would have gotten a G instead, but Joe D was very adamant that they needed a T.

EDC had a little bit of second guessing whether he should have taken Tampa in the 3rd after making the Isaac pick. Then we turned around and got him late in the 4th. BPA is certainly a thing but it's never going to be exactly that until you reach a certain stage in the draft.

Seems like Ali and Leary were guys that had circled that they wanted and the board fell that way later in the process.

Wish we would have gotten a little more insight into who they were locking down in the UDFA period. Seems Brade was obviously the big one but one of the WRs seemed like a really good get too from an organizational perspective.

Hmmmm I probably have to do some investigation but I think the wide receiver they are talking about is Dayton Wade.

Last edited:

JAAM

Hall of Famer

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Never liked his ass after his 1st season in the nfl
Oh he straight ass, don’t get me wrong, but you could do way worse for like a 3rd/4th S

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Returning temporarily to say that offseason Wired was fun from an insight perspective.

It was interesting to hear Joe D all but admit (and them actually showing it) that T was a need. Harbaugh alluded to possibly trading back where they would have gotten a G instead, but Joe D was very adamant that they needed a T.

EDC had a little bit of second guessing whether he should have taken Tampa in the 3rd after making the Isaac pick. Then we turned around and got him late in the 4th. BPA is certainly a thing but it's never going to be exactly that until you reach a certain stage in the draft.

Seems like Ali and Leary were guys that had circled that they wanted and the board fell that way later in the process.

Wish we would have gotten a little more insight into who they were locking down in the UDFA period. Seems Brade was obviously the big one but one of the WRs seemed like a really good get too from an organizational perspective.

looks like the board fell the way we wanted in most of the rounds
i dont get the sense that isaac is who they were targeting in R3 but otherwise feels like they got the guys they were hoping to get in each round as they were going along

in the case of wiggins, we know that dejean was the other guy in the round they would have taken
in the case of rosengarten, sounds like it was him or nothing at OT

hard to work out who the guard would be - but by context you can see they really didnt rate suamataia or amegadjie at OT and (as many agreed) didnt see wallace or coleman as OTs at all but they could still have been in the G conversation they were talking about

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Looking at the OL rotation from the limited available info

looks like Faalele (as expected) taking the 1s reps at RT at this point, rosengarten may take them over once we get further into the process but day 1 OTAs was always going to be Faalele

seen some different looks with Cleveland and Vorhees as the Gs in one rep and Josh Jones and Vorhees as the Gs in another rep

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer

That was one of the best wired episodes ever. Awesome seeing them actually talking to other FOs and debating in real time what they were gonna do. Wiggins definitely appeared to be the ravens CB1 from the beginning, they seemed to have roger in their scope from the moment they selected Wiggins, and then to hear them talk about Tampa when making the Isaac pick and Eric saying he thinks Isaac could just explode when he gets in the league, all of it was great. Would’ve honestly liked to see a whole long episode JUST from the war room.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I remember a few years ago I really wanted Adams.

My understanding is that he has not played very well at all. A change of scenery would help him. It's not like we need him to play full time either.
I never had any interest in Jamal Adams, that said, I know he would probably perform better here than anywhere, they would find a role and he would make plays.

If Simpson can’t step right into queens spot full time, Adams is a great player to lighten the load, not to play ILB but just being one of the box/dime/nickel defenders they use to be multiple in both pressure and coverage without sacrificing run defense too much

Deebo813

Hall of Famer

I saw a like 30 sec clip.. i wonder if it was one where harbaugh was saying something about him not wanting to get too happy about it just in case he isnt there when we pick