• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Good, the bad, and the inability to beat good teams

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
If it was Weddle from about two years ago then I would agree, but now he's almost never near the ball when he needs to be.
it looked like he was close during the play but he wasnt.. just couldnt get there in time. We need some safetys bad man. This draft doesnt have any from what ive seen so gotta for free agency

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
it looked like he was close during the play but he wasnt.. just couldnt get there in time. We need some safetys bad man. This draft doesnt have any from what ive seen so gotta for free agency

There's Deionte Thompson, but that's about it for the draft. I think DeShon Elliott could work out for us if he can pick up where he left off before getting injured, but we definitely need to add at least one safety in the off-season. Weddle is complete trash now and Jefferson has been the definition of average since he got here.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I didn't see Humphrey, either, but from what I was able to watch (big snow storm here and DirectTV having issues limited what I was able to see) was that Humphrey went against Kelce a lot in the second half. Is that accurate? So, with that in mind, there's still the option of simply put Tavon or Jimmy straight up on Hill. I like those odds a lot better than I like Mosley covering him down the seam.

But yes, Mahomes made some absolutely incredible throws and his ability to throw from awkward angles on the run was incredible and on full display Sunday.

So we had Humphrey on Kelce most of the second half and generally he shut him down.

Yet on the 4th and 9 play we had some type of Tampa zone defense going allowing Hill to locate an open area on the Mahome's scramble?

What type of idiocy is this?

oh i absolutely agree it's an odd playcall to make
i was just saying that i think humphrey got pulled towards the end of the game with an injury but im not 100% sure

but yes it does seem odd that we wouldnt man up on that down in that situation

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
Well now we put this game behind us and take this loss out on Tampa next week. If I was a player Sunday could not come soon enough for me.

Tank

Hall of Famer
This team can never close good lord it’s insane and I think iv had enough. Typical Raven fashion to lose a game. 4th and 9 and you allow that smfh.
It never seems easy for the Ravens and that 4th down play was just another chapter in the story. I will say though the D stepped up at the end and held KC to 3 in OT giving us a chance to win or at the least tie. And I thought Rob had that throw nailed to Snead to keep things going, but in the end we just didn’t have the guns to score on the last possession. Another disappointing end to say the least.

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
It never seems easy for the Ravens and that 4th down play was just another chapter in the story. I will say though the D stepped up at the end and held KC to 3 in OT giving us a chance to win or at the least tie. And I thought Rob had that throw nailed to Snead to keep things going, but in the end we just didn’t have the guns to score on the last possession. Another disappointing end to say the least.
The one thing people aren’t mentioning is that was a freaking damn good throw from Rob - to come in at the end of the game for like 1 play and under heavy pressure and no pocket throw an absolute dart that should’ve been a first down - that man deserves a chance to be higher up than a 3rd stringer

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
The one thing people aren’t mentioning is that was a freaking damn good throw from Rob - to come in at the end of the game for like 1 play and under heavy pressure and no pocket throw an absolute dart that should’ve been a first down - that man deserves a chance to be higher up than a 3rd stringer
Idk what you saw but rg3 did nothing. Didnt complete a pass, threw a bad pass, then threw a pass that didnt get caught. Nothing he did made it look like he should be higher than a 3rd string qb. Could he be higher, maybe.. but i didnt see anything from yesterday that showed it

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
Idk what you saw but rg3 did nothing. Didnt complete a pass, threw a bad pass, then threw a pass that didnt get caught. Nothing he did made it look like he should be higher than a 3rd string qb. Could he be higher, maybe.. but i didnt see anything from yesterday that showed it

The pass to Snead would have been a first down if the Chiefs' defender wasn't draped all over Snead before he even had a chance to catch the ball. RG3 threw a perfect pass, after coming in the game cold, which should have extended the drive.

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
Watch again.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
The pass to Snead would have been a first down if the Chiefs' defender wasn't draped all over Snead before he even had a chance to catch the ball. RG3 threw a perfect pass, after coming in the game cold, which should have extended the drive.
So he almost throws an int on 3rd then throws an incomplete pass on 4th that wasnt even for a first down if caught and im suppose think he did something.. na

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
So he almost throws an int on 3rd then throws an incomplete pass on 4th that wasnt even for a first down if caught and im suppose think he did something.. na

Were you watching the same game? lol

If Snead caught that pass, which was right to him, then it would have been a first down. Only problem was that the defender was all over him and didn't get called for DPI (if it was a Ravens player then I guarantee you would see yellow flags flying from every official in the damn game).

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
Were you watching the same game? lol

If Snead caught that pass, which was right to him, then it would have been a first down. Only problem was that the defender was all over him and didn't get called for DPI (if it was a Ravens player then I guarantee you would see yellow flags flying from every official in the damn game).
That catch was in front of the first down marker. If caught, the cb was literally in the perfect position to tackle right when he caught ball..

I’d like to give a big fuck you to James hurst for giving us a killer holding penalty at the end there as well getting pushed back into Lamar. Really nice job dude.

Can we please finally get rid of his mediocre ass in 2019.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
ints dont mean he isnt accurate. Luck threw around 18 ints one year i think and he is accurate. Just bad decision making on his part
i watched some of those games for both Manning and Luck in their rookie years and this is true, but many of those interceptions were also innacurate throws.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
I’d like to give a big fuck you to James hurst for giving us a killer holding penalty at the end there as well getting pushed back into Lamar. Really nice job dude.

Can we please finally get rid of his mediocre ass in 2019.
But.. But.. His contract is worth nothing.

BECAUSE HE ISN'T WORTH ANYTHING.

I hate Hurst because he exemplifies everything wrong with this team. Settling for mediocrity at all the worst possible times. It shows that Harbaugh plays favorites despite the fact that he was a liability for years and likely cost us Flacco for good thanks to that injury. Yet, we fucking start him over Brown who has been way better. It shows that we don't know when to give up when we should. Hurst is nowhere close to being a quality starter and neither than Skura. It shows me that Harbaugh has a strong influence on the front office and THAT is why, at least I think, we have sucked in recent offseasons.

Get rid of him, and get some real fucking offensive linemen. Lord have mercy, if he breaks Lamar like he broke Flacco, I will kill someone

Whatever. I don’t think Rob should be given a 5 year contract based on what he did but he couldn’t have done much more. The disappointment at the end of the game was the o line letting pressure in even while holding half the time.

Both passes were in desperation and the one on 4th couldn’t have been put in a better place but at the same time we’re not giving out awards for incomplete passes

I’ll say this ... everyone blubbered endlessly about how awesome the 100+ point affair between KC and LA Rams was but imo this game was more impressive and entertaining . The actual threat that a team can get a stop without a turnover and that the offense has to make extraordinary plays to score rather than just being able to breeze up and down the field untouched makes things far more interesting

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
I’ll say this ... everyone blubbered endlessly about how awesome the 100+ point affair between KC and LA Rams was but imo this game was more impressive and entertaining . The actual threat that a team can get a stop without a turnover and that the offense has to make extraordinary plays to score rather than just being able to breeze up and down the field untouched makes things far more interesting
It really was a good game. I thought we put up a good fight against maybe the best team in the NFL. There is nothing to hang our heads over. Now that stinker of a game we had against the Panthers, that one gave us reason to be upset.