• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Good, the bad, and the inability to beat good teams

rossihunter2

Staff Member
https://www.google.com/amp/www.espn.com/blog/afcnorth/post/_/id/95698/ravens-have-gone-674-days-since-winning-their-last-close-game?platform=amp
This is just beyond annoying to me. And of course the trend has continued since this article. Close games are the best games, they’re the ones supposed to get you excited and love football. Knowing your teams gonna find a way to lose them takes away quite a bit of the excitement from them.

this paragraph is the most damning:

"Flacco hasn't thrown a winning touchdown pass in the final two minutes of a game since December 2013 against the Minnesota Vikings. Tucker hasn't had a winning kick since Week 3 of 2016 in Jacksonville."

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Yeah but how many of those games were lost after Flacco or Tucker scored and then Dean Pees took over with prevent offense?
This is absolutely true and while I’m all aboard the Jackwagon, joe Flacco even with all his faults still has had that clutch gene, he and the offense around him would shit the bed while the defense keeps it close, joe had a knack for leading a drive near the end to either bring us within 1 possession and we just need a stop from the defense to get him going again, or he gives us a late lead.

The defense, dating back to 2013, has blown every fucking one of these games. Pees was the biggest culprit, but Mosley and weddle are killing us now too, if we had a better oc in 16 and 17 when weddle was still playing solid ball and Suggs was still playing like a mad man in spurts, I think we would’ve made the playoffs each year.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
So he almost throws an int on 3rd then throws an incomplete pass on 4th that wasnt even for a first down if caught and im suppose think he did something.. na
That almost int was on the WR. Brown got open and instead of continuing he ran back into coverage just as bob was winding up the throw

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
That catch was in front of the first down marker. If caught, the cb was literally in the perfect position to tackle right when he caught ball..
And if the cb isn’t mugging his backside(illegally, by the way, either a hold or DPI could’ve and SHOULDVE been called there) then he is at the first down marker.

Also, you say this as if Snead hasn’t been extremely physical at the sticks and clutch with making sure he secures it and falls forward. He’s literally done it all year and to me he has been hands down our best WR due to the clutch factor that brown has lacked basically since week 3.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
Whatever. I don’t think Rob should be given a 5 year contract based on what he did but he couldn’t have done much more. The disappointment at the end of the game was the o line letting pressure in even while holding half the time.

Both passes were in desperation and the one on 4th couldn’t have been put in a better place but at the same time we’re not giving out awards for incomplete passes
Thats all im saying though. He didnt show anything at all

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
what playing weight was CJ at in 2016? It was his best season imo by far. He was so good that Zach Orr got an undeserved all pro nod and became one of the most overrated players by this franchise's standards. He was really good in zone coverage that year, quick, and doing all the dirty work. You get him back to that weight, and put him with an uber athletic guy like Kenny Young, and you have a problem.

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
My wife wanted to make me mad today and called me ,"Mahomes" !

Look that kid got punished by us but man is he a talent and can take a hit. Crying Big Ben got hit like that he would be done for the season.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
My wife wanted to make me mad today and called me ,"Mahomes" !

Look that kid got punished by us but man is he a talent and can take a hit. Crying Big Ben got hit like that he would be done for the season.

i watched the behind the play angle of that 4th and 9 throw and im not even mad - that's a throw i dont think any other player in the league including aaron rodgers can even attempt let alone pull off

he's running full speed away from a rusher who win clean looking downfield against 7 in coverage and he spots tyreek hill breaking his route away from the wrong touchline to throw a pass across his body on the run 38 yards in the air to hill in stride in a spot he wasnt supposed to be

utterly astonishing play

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
i watched the behind the play angle of that 4th and 9 throw and im not even mad - that's a throw i dont think any other player in the league including aaron rodgers can even attempt let alone pull off

he's running full speed away from a rusher who win clean looking downfield against 7 in coverage and he spots tyreek hill breaking his route away from the wrong touchline to throw a pass across his body on the run 38 yards in the air to hill in stride in a spot he wasnt supposed to be

utterly astonishing play
Sadly the best play the NFL has seen by a QB this year.