• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Good, the bad, and the inability to beat good teams

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
@allblackraven @rossihunter2 @ravenslord @TheCity5

I had incorrectly assumed the play was a Tampa 2 Coverage; it was just standard Cover 2. And really, watching that play, the Ravens were actually in perfect position to defend every route. They put 5 players at the sticks and had the two deep safeties to take away the two deep routes.

Truly, this was just Patrick Mahomes playing backyard football and making the most absurd throw imaginable in that scenario.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer

I had incorrectly assumed the play was a Tampa 2 Coverage; it was just standard Cover 2. And really, watching that play, the Ravens were actually in perfect position to defend every route. They put 5 players at the sticks and had the two deep safeties to take away the two deep routes.

Truly, this was just Patrick Mahomes playing backyard football and making the most absurd throw imaginable in that scenario.
Sorry, that's just not good enough.

We need someone to blame!

rossihunter2

Staff Member

i thought it would be weird for CJ to be playing the deep middle dropping from the a-gap like that
my initial reaction when i saw it and upon review is that Mahomes made an incredible throw and tyreek hill just had too much speed - watching it live i remember thinking CJ nearly made a great play and that the chiefs just made a better one rather than something had gone especially wrong in coverage

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Sorry, that's just not good enough.

We need someone to blame!
I blame Mosley for slipping, he had good positioning, and fucked up despite that ball hanging there forever and having time to adjust, and instead he slipped and fell. Nothing about that play looked broken to me despite the long extend by mahomes, jimmy was trailing, weddle over the top, Mosley right underneath, and that ball came underneath.

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
Judon! I remember one snap where he completely destroyed Mitchell Schwartz one of the top3 RTs
DuKr8gBW0AA9YqI.jpg

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Judon! I remember one snap where he completely destroyed Mitchell Schwartz one of the top3 RTs
DuKr8gBW0AA9YqI.jpg
This dude is doing something wrong in the offseason, because he starts out USELESS every year and comes on very strong around mid November.

redrum52

Hall of Famer

Sometimes teams make a good play. As someone else pointed out, this game felt more like we just lost to a better team than choking the game away. That goddam Mahomes, but I'm still pissed we couldn't stop a 4th and 9.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
This dude is doing something wrong in the offseason, because he starts out USELESS every year and comes on very strong around mid November.

its crazy that it happened the exact same way last year - very little early in the year and then he started taking over games later in the year...

but he's getting to the qb - he's converting lots of those pressures into qb hits too

he just looks different - he's winning early in the down and is a threat to a tackle going inside or outside

4.5 of his 7 sacks have come in the last 4 games since week 11 and post-bye

after the bye in 2017 (week 10 bye again - so week 11 onwards) he had 5 of his 8 sacks in those 7 games

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
watching him win in difficult circumstances on sunday ive now completely flipped - i think mahomes now has to be the front runner for MVP over Brees now
It’s definitely between him and Brees. Maybe that will end up co MVPs

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Every time someone loses it's always the refs.
The better team won, I’m not gonna play like the ravens are better than the chiefs, but that non call on Chris Moore in the end zone was blatant and inexcusable, and it would’ve been the difference, the push off on Crabtree was questionable at best since the db was holding and the refs needed to either offset or let them play, then the late 4th down to Snead was pretty textbook interference as well but I won’t complain about that since we were depending on a miracle at that point anyway.

You better hope you don’t see us in the playoffs is all I got to say, and deep down you already know you don’t wanna see us again.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
The better team won, I’m not gonna play like the ravens are better than the chiefs, but that non call on Chris Moore in the end zone was blatant and inexcusable, and it would’ve been the difference, the push off on Crabtree was questionable at best since the db was holding and the refs needed to either offset or let them play, then the late 4th down to Snead was pretty textbook interference as well but I won’t complain about that since we were depending on a miracle at that point anyway.

You better hope you don’t see us in the playoffs is all I got to say, and deep down you already know you don’t wanna see us again.

mahomes already said he expects to see us again in the playoffs