• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Next Up: @Chargers

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
I’m not necessarily writing it off as an automatic loss per say, but I’m just not getting my hopes up. I’ll expect a close game resulting in a loss and not be surprised if we win. Better for my mental state that way.
I've already begun the process of managing my expectations mentally. Did that against KC and didn't suffer any heart murmurs after we lost as a result!

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
I do think Matt Birk was one of the most pivotal FA acquisitions we ever had.
Lol. And Birk at this stage of his career when he was with us WAS an average C.
Yep - he read everything that Joe couldn't.
Yes, because it's clearly the QBs job and not the Cs to call the protections at the line. You're trying too hard. I mean come on man, even Peyton Manning, the smartest QB in NFL history, had Jeff Saturday call all the protections. It's a big reason why C is the, by far, most important position on the oline...

And we have fucking Skura

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
I've already begun the process of managing my expectations mentally. Did that against KC and didn't suffer any heart murmurs after we lost as a result!
Well our odds of beating the Chargers are slim. We needed the Steelers to lose to the Pats and Saints imo and we beat the Browns at home
but that did not work out too well.

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
Here's my bold prediction for the Chargers game: Weddle gets his first pick of the season!!

You just cant have a free safety go through an entire season without a single pick.

Unacceptable.

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
I have a really hard time believing that we can stop Rivers and the Chargers juggernaut. I'm not sure Gordon is healthy and playing because I haven't been following other teams lately. Lamar is entirely capable of helping us beat the Chargers. But, technically we are due a let down as a team. I say this because to me KC felt like a W even though it was an L. I'm hoping not though. The strange thing is we reach this point every year when we are in control of our own playoff destiny and fuck it up! I am just praying it isn't dejavu again where we miraculously beat the Chargers only to lose in the last minute to the rapidly improved Browns....
Yes - a win v. LAC and a home loss to CLE would be suicide time for Ravens fans.

If we can control the clock with the offense, I don't see why our defense isn't capable of containing the Chargers offense. Its pretty much what we did with KC and I the Chargers offense as comparable. If Gordon and Allen are unaffected at all by injury, maybe that's a different story.

As I said with KC - we just cannot, absolutely CANNOT turn the ball over. If we play a clean game, we'll be in it. I'm a little more concerned about our ability in this one to just run at will. Chargers D is better than any other that we've faced in the Lamar phase of the season, so that will be interesting. We're going to have to mix it up at least a little more than we have to keep them somewhat off balance.

If we hang in there, it will come down to that one play - we've just got to make it this time. If there is a 4th and I don't give a fuck how long to win the game - we have to make the play.

Lol. And Birk at this stage of his career when he was with us WAS an average C.
An average C? I don't know whose grading that was, but IMO Birk was a lot more valuable than an average C when he was with us.

I was living in MN when he started and I watched him regularly there and was very happy to see us acquire him.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Harbaugh on what Tim Williams has to do to become a game-day option for Ravens: "He has to be one of the best 46." Asked if Williams is healthy, Harbaugh said, "Yes."

Zrebiec thinks it’s to do with how he’s practicing and preparing and that he lost a bit of weight while he was injured

But he can’t be producing less than bowser and he showed he was good when he actually was playing pre-injury

This is just a majorly frustrating issue

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
Harbaugh on what Tim Williams has to do to become a game-day option for Ravens: "He has to be one of the best 46." Asked if Williams is healthy, Harbaugh said, "Yes."

Zrebiec thinks it’s to do with how he’s practicing and preparing and that he lost a bit of weight while he was injured

But he can’t be producing less than bowser and he showed he was good when he actually was playing pre-injury

This is just a majorly frustrating issue
That makes a lot of sense and I’m guessing he’s lost too much weight and won’t hold up well in the ground game and that’s keeping Wink and John from activating him to the 46.

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
That makes a lot of sense and I’m guessing he’s lost too much weight and won’t hold up well in the ground game and that’s keeping Wink and John from activating him to the 46.
Isn’t gaining weight usually a problem when players have injuries lol what gives

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
Isn’t gaining weight usually a problem when players have injuries lol what gives
You would think but I think Williams is the antithesis of that. I think where most guys have issues with keeping their weight down he has problems keeping his weight up. He was very thin in college at one point. It was a big reason he did was rush the passer.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
You would think but I think Williams is the antithesis of that. I think where most guys have issues with keeping their weight down he has problems keeping his weight up. He was very thin in college at one point. It was a big reason he did was rush the passer.
But he gained a lot of weight last year and could not play his normal game because of that. Looked really good this year after some proper training/diet changes.

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
But he gained a lot of weight last year and could not play his normal game because of that. Looked really good this year after some proper training/diet changes.
True but I don’t think he was playing at his early college weight earlier this year.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
True but I don’t think he was playing at his early college weight earlier this year.
No, he was bigger but just correct, I'd say. Maybe he slacked too much while injured and that's the reason.
He's been a disappointment, I must say.

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
No, he was bigger but just correct, I'd say. Maybe he slacked too much while injured and that's the reason.
I’d definitely agree. He has a lot of potential but he makes you wonder if he’ll realize it. I think Smith also had a lot of potential coming out and he’s picking it up so maybe Tim does as well next year or maybe this year with what’s left of it

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
He will probably wait and go insane in his contract year just in time to price himself out of bmore

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Rookie year he was overweight and way too wide in the midsection and he lost a lot of his burst from it, so I don’t think that’s the case

Everywhere you look, the Chargers are the flavor of the day. Ask any analyst - who is the most complete team? Who would you pick to win it all? The most frequent response? Chargers. Ask that question 4 weeks ago, you'd get the Rams. 3 weeks ago, you'd get Saints. 2 weeks ago, KC.

Let's change their answer for when they are asked next week.