• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Next Up: @Chargers

JO_75

Hall of Famer
You two are talking some serious bullshit.

Making playoffs is not good because we might face Houston???? So fucking what?

As thing stand, we are the 6th seed meaning as long as Houston doesn't lose out they will have a BYE meaning we get a Wild Card Rematch with the Patriots. Then at that point, we would face the Chiefs in the divisional round. If by miracle we get the North, we get a rematch with the Chargers in the first round. Texans won't come until Championship weekend if we somehow made it that far.

flynismo

Practice Squad
You two are talking some serious bullshit.

Making playoffs is not good because we might face Houston???? So fucking what?

Right? Was wondering wtf I missed.
And btw, I think we beat the dog shit out of Houston. The final score wouldn't reflect it, would probably be a 20-17 game or something like that. But it would be one of those close games where one team gets donkey punched for 60 mins.

----
Shit, was living in lala land for a minute; I forgot we have a new QB. If Lamar can make a few plays in the passing game, I think the above still holds true.

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
Welp....looks like this is our season right here. And its a saturday night so ill be working. Kinda sucks. Hopefully we pull through but Rivers is the kind of QB who can find the soft spots in our defense

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
LA and NYC technically have two teams for everything if you really think about it.

Basketball. LAL and LAC. NYK(LOL) and Brooklyn Nets(LOL)
Baseball: LAD(FUCK YOU ROBERTS) and LAA(techincally they're in Anaheim but hey, have to make the fans happy). Yankees and Mets(*Breaks finger typing this)
Football: NYG, NYJ, Rams, Chargers
NY has two NHL teams Rangers and Islanders but I believe LA only has one the Kings

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
NY has two NHL teams Rangers and Islanders but I believe LA only has one the Kings
Yeah. The Ducks are in Anaheim. The Kings are my west coast team. At least we got two rings out of our run.

Also both the Rangers and the Islanders are jokes.... GO CAPS.

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator
My favorite thing about La is that none of our teams are our team except the kings.
The lakers. We’re in a decade long drought. (From minny)
Dodgers.. not a single trolley or subway in the town (from ny)
Rams.. seriously? (St)
Clippers, from the ports of San Diego.
Chargers technically played there first year here but we stole them. (Fuck Spanos)
Here’s our solid average of 0 days of lightning a year
https://www.currentresults.com/Weather/US/average-days-thunderstorms-cities-summer.php

It’s not a sports city

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Yeah. The Ducks are in Anaheim. The Kings are my west coast team. At least we got two rings out of our run.

Also both the Rangers and the Islanders are jokes.... GO CAPS.
MY MAN! GKG! I don't follow hockey too closely, but it's a shame we went from playoff team to worst team in the league in literally a season.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I don't even understand why they moved from SD. I don't know if there were stadium issues or issues with the city, but it's beautiful all year round and a pretty dope city. To me, it's better than downtown LA, but what do I know?

And on a side note, why the hell is LA even getting two teams in the first place? Entire states don't even have teams, but LA can have two teams? BS to me.
its the television market

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
I wouldn't be surprised at all if we beat the Chargers, then fuck up vs Cleveland.

I was thinking the same thing cause that'd be so like the Ravens. Hopefully not this time around.

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
As thing stand, we are the 6th seed meaning as long as Houston doesn't lose out they will have a BYE meaning we get a Wild Card Rematch with the Patriots. Then at that point, we would face the Chiefs in the divisional round. If by miracle we get the North, we get a rematch with the Chargers in the first round. Texans won't come until Championship weekend if we somehow made it that far.

IF the Ravens take the North its almost certainly because they beat SD already though so I am less worried about that rematch.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I think we can win this game, but it will no doubt be our toughest defense LJ has played against. We will have to hit on a big pass or two and can’t turn the ball over. Our defense needs to play lights out as well

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
Chargers appear susceptible to the run lately after losing Liuget and Perryman so I think that could help because our strength is their “weakness”. Also their strength is our strength in that our secondary is pretty solid. They’ve been relying on 4 man rushes a lot lately so that may be good with Jackson but we’ll see how they adjust to Jackson as well. This should be a good game and test for Lamar at least.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
I never said it was going to be easy

Apparently that's how Harbaugh likes it. He wants it to be hard because our players thrive on it....... much like they have thrived on it last year. Now it all makes sense, Harbaugh does dumb things to make it hard on the team for his personal enjoyment.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
I could be very very naive, but I think we win convincingly this week. Without Allen, I believe Humph should be able to shut down Mike Williams. The others may have some success, but Rivers is so immobile, I think we have the chance to do what we did to Matt Ryan. I expect a low output for LA. I think it comes down to what Lamar can do. I think we win 21-10. Just a feeling, Idk why I'm not usually this optimistic.

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
I could be very very naive, but I think we win convincingly this week. Without Allen, I believe Humph should be able to shut down Mike Williams. The others may have some success, but Rivers is so immobile, I think we have the chance to do what we did to Matt Ryan. I expect a low output for LA. I think it comes down to what Lamar can do. I think we win 21-10. Just a feeling, Idk why I'm not usually this optimistic.
They’re saying Allen will play.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Tbh I think humph is the worst matchup for Williams, especially considering Williams has already completely demolished Humphrey before on colleges biggest stage, because Williams is one of the best jumpball artists in the league and Humphrey severely lacks the ability to go up for the ball with a highpointing receiver. He’s done incredibly well breaking up a pass last second, but Williams will force him to turn around and play with his back to him, and Humphrey has not shown he can do that.