• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Free Agency 2019

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Sizzle honestly got overpaid. Every Ravens pass rusher (especially ZDS) should be thankful to Wink for the overwhelming majority of their pressures because they were not winning 1 on 1s at all (except Pierce who stopped seeing them).

Wink schemed so many sacks and pressures that it made a bad pass rush look above average.
Agree but then again, pretty much every other player was overpaid this time around. Seems like the price has generally gone up. Inflation is real, we need to adjust as fans, too.

Houston is still a very good OLB and may probably play at that level for another couple of years.
Now, if only dreams wouldn't cancel out comp picks..

rossihunter2

Staff Member
@Filmstudy
Ken McCusick wrote a good article on the Earl Thomas signing. I thought I'd post it here:

https://russellstreetreport.com/

would recommend the filmstudy podcast as a companion piece because michael crawford (@abukari on twitter) is on it as well to discuss the earl thomas signing and while Ken is all about tabular data and analysis through repeated trends etc. crawford looks at traits etc. in a way that is similar to how most of us on this forum (especially those active in the draft section) think about players and their skills

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I would pay Houston the same that we were going to pay Suggs, but not more.
Houston is worth a shitton more than what we were offering Suggs, based on talent alone.

Plus, Houston gives us the explosive and bendy speed rusher we’ve wanted for so long. We legit haven’t had one since dumervil

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Dolphins willing to eat the salary cap in order to trade Robert Quinn. Would Quinn fit in as a 3-4 OLB?

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
According to Michael Silver, we were interested in signing Blake Bortles before he signed for the Rams. Seems strange we'd go after him if RG3 is still available.

Former Jaguars QB Blake Bortles signs one-year deal with Rams

Broncos, Ravens were among those interested
I’m not shocked about either team. Blake bortles was at his best when he was running the ball a lot more often, and if he has anything as a thrower, it’s a strong arm, like a poor mans flacco with good wheels

Edit: emphasis on the poor man, like he’s the lay an egg version of flacco pretty consistently, but still strong armed

Last edited:

JO_75

Hall of Famer
I’m not shocked about either team. Blake bortles was at his best when he was running the ball a lot more often, and if he has anything as a thrower, it’s a strong arm, like a poor mans flacco with good wheels

Edit: emphasis on the poor man, like he’s the lay an egg version of flacco pretty consistently, but still strong armed

Don't forget his god like ability to become Tom Brady when he plays in London. The Rams do play in London against the Bengals so he can come in handy.