• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Free Agency 2019

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
That’s a 15 spot move into the top 10, that’s probably not too far off

That might even be underselling it if you value Flacco as a mid 3rd. Thats a mid 3rd, a late 3rd, and a comp pick to jump into top 10 to grab one of the elite prospects.

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
That might even be underselling it if you value Flacco as a mid 3rd. Thats a mid 3rd, a late 3rd, and a comp pick to jump into top 10 to grab one of the elite prospects.

I don’t see a elite prospect in the 6-10 range though..

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
Jay Ajayi is a FA..... and given that he’s coming off of an injury and that the eagles would be hard pressed in affording him... I could see it happen. He’s kind of a perfect fit. We’d need to find a long-speed compliment to him, but he’d be good to put next to LamarZ

Justin Diaz-Thomas

Practice Squad
Jay Ajayi is a FA..... and given that he’s coming off of an injury and that the eagles would be hard pressed in affording him... I could see it happen. He’s kind of a perfect fit. We’d need to find a long-speed compliment to him, but he’d be good to put next to LamarZ

Agreed, I love me some Gus but a healthy Jay is a better player

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor

Not to mention that we shouldn't make the same mistake we did with Collins and go into the season thinking that Gus is the bonafide starter. Gus had a good season last year and has potential to be very good, but he was still undrafted for a reason. Ajayi clearly has more talent and it would be a great move to get him.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I have never really paid attention to ajayi since he went pro, but doesn’t he have a real problem with bouncing too many runs outside?

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
I have never really paid attention to ajayi since he went pro, but doesn’t he have a real problem with bouncing too many runs outside?
Can't speak for his Dolphins' days, but as an Eagle he seems to mostly run behind the guards.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
Not really. During his tenure with the eagles he ran behind a lot of guards. He’s got experience in both a zone and a power scheme and he’s played well under both so Roman would actually be ideal

Justin Diaz-Thomas

Practice Squad
Can't speak for his Dolphins' days, but as an Eagle he seems to mostly run behind the guards.

Same for his Dolphin days still remember the game against the Squeelers he was running off the guards and demolishing them all game long. He would be a perfect fit with Lamar I hope we give him a call

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
Ajayi's biggest problem, aside from top-end speed, seems to be staying healthy. So, if we get him, we can rotate him and Dixon when one inevitably gets hurt. lol

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Not really. During his tenure with the eagles he ran behind a lot of guards. He’s got experience in both a zone and a power scheme and he’s played well under both so Roman would actually be ideal
I remember hearing something about gase shipping him off because he wouldn’t follow the scheme and always tried to bounce out.

Never validated that or even looked into it, and like I said I have paid zero attention to ajayi since he entered the league

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
I remember hearing something about gase shipping him off because he wouldn’t follow the scheme and always tried to bounce out.

Never validated that or even looked into it, and like I said I have paid zero attention to ajayi since he entered the league

Does this look like a trustworthy person to you?

view

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
With kenneth and gus.. do we really need jay? Id rather have a guy like tevin coleman, a guy with top end speed and who can also catch the ball..

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
With kenneth and gus.. do we really need jay? Id rather have a guy like tevin coleman, a guy with top end speed and who can also catch the ball..
Gus is overrated(sorry y’all but he is a product of the scheme. Nothing more than an average RB) and Dixon isn’t really a bad compliment to Jay. They’re both violent but Dixon is more shifty and Jay isn’t afraid to go through you and is more explosive. And Jay is also a good receiver too. As is Dixon. I’d agree a third back whos speedier with top speed would be a priority but we can get one of those in the draft.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
Gus is overrated(sorry y’all but he is a product of the scheme. Nothing more than an average RB) and Dixon isn’t really a bad compliment to Jay. They’re both violent but Dixon is more shifty and Jay isn’t afraid to go through you and is more explosive. And Jay is also a good receiver too. As is Dixon. I’d agree a third back whos speedier with top speed would be a priority but we can get one of those in the draft.
Yea i def think gus is overrated by these boards..if we can find someone in draft like coleman that would be nice cause if brown leaves we wont really have anybig play type players on offense

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
It’s a shame that we have no idea if Dixon will even play or not week to week, because I think Dixon has the talent to be a top 10 back in this league, when he’s healthy and we’re feeding him, he looks like a special player.

I don’t feel the same way about gus. I agree he’s massively overrated and it’s hysterical to me that some think our run game took such a leap due to gus, some actually believe that our run game would jump 20 spots in one month with joe under center if we had just replaced Collins with gus lol

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
The Gus Bus is a good short yardage guy. He'll always fall forward and get you that needed two or three yards. But he's not a dynamic back. He's not going to break out long runs. He's definitely useful to have on the team, but his high numbers come purely from quantity rather than him being great.

As for Dixon, when was the last time he played a full season?