• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Free Agency 2019

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
Not like Austin has done much in this league. Maybe on a cheap one year contract, but other than that he’s not worth it.
He's a gadget guy ; a legitimate threat so far as sweeps and end arounds. he's a returner. some big play ability ....a Baltimore guy who might be had on the cheap side.

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
A hunch : Both John Brown and Tavon Austin are Ravens FA WR targets. I'm not going to be surprised if both are Ravens in 2019.
I like John Brown, but he's probably asking for a 3 to 4 year deal and he's 29 I'd rather draft Mecole Hardman instead. Unless John Brown is willing to take a discount.
McVay couldn't find a role for him despite playing a wr friendly scheme. I don't expect our coaching staff to figure something out.

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
ngl did not notice a slip or anything at all

and the ravens wouldnt have been able to talk to austin or his representation yet anyway so it would be exceedingly weird if he was on the brain of decosta pre-combine in any way

if it did happen i dont think it was a freudian slip or anything - ive done the exact same thing on these forums multiple times
I don't think its that weird. DeCosta and co. are certainly in talks concerning who they might target. We'll see. I might be off the reservation. a distinct possibility.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
He's a gadget guy ; a legitimate threat so far as sweeps and end arounds. he's a returner. some big play ability ....a Baltimore guy who might be had on the cheap side.

I don't think its that weird. DeCosta and co. are certainly in talks concerning who they might target. We'll see. I might be off the reservation. a distinct possibility.

i just dont think he's the kind of player that anyone "targets" per se - he's not an impact player, never has been in his whole career

he has fewer than 1500 all-purpose yards on offence through his entire career - that's not a guy you target as a free agent no matter how good/bad you think they are as a special teamer...

he's got nearly as many yards purely as a punt returner but hasnt scored a return td since 2015 and only has 3 in his career

in fact the last 2 seasons his longest return has been 22 yards...

i just dont think he's a dynamic threat or weapon that would find much or any use in our offence at all

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
I like John Brown, but he's probably asking for a 3 to 4 year deal and he's 29 I'd rather draft Mecole Hardman instead. Unless John Brown is willing to take a discount.
McVay couldn't find a role for him despite playing a wr friendly scheme. I don't expect our coaching staff to figure something out.
How much would Brown expect in your estimation?

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I disagree that we pay anybody that kind of money for Center. I know the Bucs paid Jensen and look how that panned out.
Well Jensen only had one yr at Center and I was against paying him as well. That being said, we need a center. I say we go after Mitch Morse FA C from KC

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
id prefer morse to paradis
Totally agree and drafted him in a previous forum mock Believe it or not I was the Washington Redskins in 2015. I wanted to prove I could do a better job than the actual GM. Wait a minute, do they even have a real GM.

Last edited:

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Looks like browns will release jamie collins if he doesn’t accept a pay cut , wouldn’t mind throwing a 1 year 5-7m deal to him
I wouldn't mind giving him a one year deal either.

in regards to the Forum Mock, can you please set up your depth chart and send me your email address, via PM for access to the State of the Franchise page. We have free agency beginning next week and you will need to have your depth chart set up. We don't have the exact date yet.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
McDowell is a guy I really hated coming out of school. Was worried we would screw up the first round pick by drafting him or Cam Robinson.

No thanks