• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Free Agency 2019

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
Like Williams as well. Williams did well when Allen was injured. Think he’s a better option than Dorsett
I brought up Dorsett because he has a good catch rate and runs short routes since he's been with the Patriots. He won't command much money and his new style fits what we're going to do with Jackson.

A1A

Veteran
Welp there goes the slim chance we get anything for Flacco.. Dolphins just thru in the monkey wrench. Tannehill will be Giants, Broncos, Redskins, possibly even the Jags first choice.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Welp there goes the slim chance we get anything for Flacco.. Dolphins just thru in the monkey wrench. Tannehill will be Giants, Broncos, Redskins, possibly even the Jags first choice.
Flacco even now is a far superior qb, is far more accomplished, capable of throwing more than 15 yards, and for a team like the jags, broncos, or skins, who could be real contenders with a quality qb(yes the skins, they are a qb and a key player or 2 away from outplaying their organizations standards) they are certainly gonna want a qb who has actually proven something over a known hackjob, plus the fact that flacco will be a short term to see if he can spark some magic and if it fails the team can start over, tannehill will take a few more years commitment.

And on top of that, those are 4 possible suitors, and tannehill is one qb, and in a shit qb draft class there are still multiple suitors available

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Flacco even now is a far superior qb, is far more accomplished, capable of throwing more than 15 yards, and for a team like the jags, broncos, or skins, who could be real contenders with a quality qb(yes the skins, they are a qb and a key player or 2 away from outplaying their organizations standards) they are certainly gonna want a qb who has actually proven something over a known hackjob, plus the fact that flacco will be a short term to see if he can spark some magic and if it fails the team can start over, tannehill will take a few more years commitment.

And on top of that, those are 4 possible suitors, and tannehill is one qb, and in a shit qb draft class there are still multiple suitors available
i actually think the Skins should draft Brett Rypien (not because of the relation to Marc) and wait till the 2020 draft. They can draft him in the 3rd round.

A1A

Veteran

And this is why u are not working in football.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Tannehill is hot garbage through and through and no self respecting gm would sign him to a stacked team as their franchise guy, which is what tannehill would be asking for at his age

rossihunter2

Staff Member

I think it’s quite telling in terms of how they are viewed as qbs...

The dolphins released tannehill despite having literally nothing to replace him on their roster - he’s bad enough that they want to move on regardless

The ravens are only getting rid of joe because we saw our future franchise qb come on quicker than expected and take us to the playoffs

Just based off those facts it’s fairly clear which one is the more valuable and better qb

The only way that doesnt work is if you consider the dolphins a much better run organisation than the ravens (which would be laughable)

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I think it’s quite telling in terms of how they are viewed as qbs...

The dolphins released tannehill despite having literally nothing to replace him on their roster - he’s bad enough that they want to move on regardless

The ravens are only getting rid of joe because we saw our future franchise qb come on quicker than expected and take us to the playoffs

Just based off those facts it’s fairly clear which one is the more valuable and better qb

The only way that doesnt work is if you consider the dolphins a much better run organisation than the ravens (which would be laughable)
Ryan tannehill has played like the best backup in the league his whole career, only he’s been starting

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor

The good thing about a trade for Joe is when you cut him there's no dead money and this is not a bad thing cuz now the Fins need a QB.

Sidenote: Would anybody consider it a good deal if the Ravens traded Joe and their 1st to say the Jags for their 1st? I'm saying this cuz the Jags could be looking at it like a QB to their liking most definitely would fall to the 22nd pick whom they could groom for a year or so.

The good thing about a trade for Joe is when you cut him there's no dead money and this is not a bad thing cuz now the Fins need a QB.

Sidenote: Would anybody consider it a good deal if the Ravens traded Joe and their 1st to say the Jags for their 1st? I'm saying this cuz the Jags could be looking at it like a QB to their liking most definitely would fall to the 22nd pick whom they could groom for a year or so.

I think the best we can hope for is a third. No chance we would move up from to 22 to 7 for Joe, that’s probably the equivalent of 3 thirds. But to answer your question, I would consider it a good deal!

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer

That would be robbery. Man I’d give joe and 2 thirds to move up to 7. Give us a real chance at ed Oliver or Polite or even burns who I’m not super fond of but I think has much higher potential than what you currently see

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor

Flacco and our 3rd round pick for their 2nd round pick. Dophins or Jags doesn't matter. In this case we'd end up with a 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th round selection because jensen should net us a 3rd round comp pick.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Flacco and our 3rd round pick for their 2nd round pick. Dophins or Jags doesn't matter. In this case we'd end up with a 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th round selection because jensen should net us a 3rd round comp pick.
That sounds reasonable and I’d really like that. Gives us a shot at some real quality players, like if we could grab a Chris Lindstrom in the early 2nd with a move like that Eric would be looking like a mad scientist

Reactions: cdp

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
That would be robbery. Man I’d give joe and 2 thirds to move up to 7. Give us a real chance at ed Oliver or Polite or even burns who I’m not super fond of but I think has much higher potential than what you currently see

You'd give 2 3rds and also our 1st with Joe to move to 7? Damn!!