• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Free Agency 2019

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
The Gus Bus is a good short yardage guy. He'll always fall forward and get you that needed two or three yards. But he's not a dynamic back. He's not going to break out long runs. He's definitely useful to have on the team, but his high numbers come purely from quantity rather than him being great.

As for Dixon, when was the last time he played a full season?
He’s a poor mans legarette Blount, which is cool and all, but meh.

Some of ball carrying FBs in this draft class could take his role and probably outplay him by a mile, Jacques Patrick and quadree ollison look like immediate upgrades in the same role.

Also Wes hills

Ten Receivers worth pursuing in free agency or trade this offseason, by Reggie Wayne.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...-worth-pursuing-via-tradefree-agencynfl-draft

The Jets badly need WRs to help Darnold grow and are letting Anderson hit FA? Wtf
I really liked him out of college.. I'd have easily thrown a late 4th-5th for him. Worked very good in the middle of the field while in college and often extended his arms to make nice catches in traffic. Have no idea of how he was used in these past years tho.
Would you guys consider him a fit?

A1A

Veteran
His youth is attractive but idk if hes a better than Chris Moore or not. If Chris was over there he'd probably have put up the same numbers that Anderson did and vice versa. Anderson would have never put those numbers up with Flacco.

A1A

Veteran
Bring him in tho yea why not...can never have to much speed. Me personally I'd rather bring in Devante Parker. Heck why not both?

rossihunter2

Staff Member
His youth is attractive but idk if hes a better than Chris Moore or not. If Chris was over there he'd probably have put up the same numbers that Anderson did and vice versa. Anderson would have never put those numbers up with Flacco.

he's far better than chris moore lol - he just has character concerns and availability problems that make him maybe not worth their while

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
Not a big fan of Anderson TBH. He's another guy that drops a lot of passes that he should be catching and don't think he's much of an upgrade over Moore.

Tank

Hall of Famer
Looks like the Broncos won’t be signing C Matt Paradis
Perfect fit for one of our greatest needs. Are the Ravens willing to go extended contract at a premium price? He’s 29 and going to want a top of the market deal, guessing at the least $10 mil. 4 years, mostly guaranteed.

redrum52

Hall of Famer
Perfect fit for one of our greatest needs. Are the Ravens willing to go extended contract at a premium price? He’s 29 and going to want a top of the market deal, guessing at the least $10 mil. 4 years, mostly guaranteed.

I'd pay.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
We kinda have no choice lol

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
Paradis really isn't the best scheme fit no? Not a reflection on him as a player but I'd bet my bottom dollar he tries to follow Kubes to Minnesota and they move Elflein to G

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
A hunch : Both John Brown and Tavon Austin are Ravens FA WR targets. I'm not going to be surprised if both are Ravens in 2019.

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
What makes you think we would bring in Austin
It hadn't occurred to me until I heard DeCosta at yesterday's presser, refer to Tavon Young as, "Tavon Austin" which felt as a slip to me. I re-listened to the presser this morning and didn't hear it. I may have missed it or perhaps it was edited out (not to sound too conspiracy minded) but I'm 99 percent sure I heard it yesterday. It struck me immediately that DeCosta misspoke.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
It hadn't occurred to me until I heard DeCosta at yesterday's presser, refer to Tavon Young as, "Tavon Austin" which felt as a slip to me. I re-listened to the presser this morning and didn't hear it. I may have missed it or perhaps it was edited out (not to sound too conspiracy minded) but I'm 99 percent sure I heard it yesterday. It struck me immediately that DeCosta misspoke.
Not like Austin has done much in this league. Maybe on a cheap one year contract, but other than that he’s not worth it.

rossihunter2

Staff Member

ngl did not notice a slip or anything at all

and the ravens wouldnt have been able to talk to austin or his representation yet anyway so it would be exceedingly weird if he was on the brain of decosta pre-combine in any way

if it did happen i dont think it was a freudian slip or anything - ive done the exact same thing on these forums multiple times