• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Free Agency 2019

redrum52

Hall of Famer
I’m ok with paying Mosley 12 for the simple fact that our defenses overall iq and organization takes a massive hit without him and that would be worth it, I’d pay those other guys 13.5 a year, Mosley id pay 12 tops, if we do it for 13 then fine but it’s not what I’d wanna spend that money on. I’d rather throw 16m at a premiere pass rusher and let Mosley walk and take the comp pick

This has basically been why I've been on the don't re-sign side. I don't see him coming back for a price we'll see as reasonable.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
i disagree with that. especially with mckinney getting 10m per year. mosley is much better than he is

On tape I didnt see mosely flash much this year. HIs highlight in the last game of the season is truthfully the only major play in coverage i can recall him making all year.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
This has basically been why I've been on the don't re-sign side. I don't see him coming back for a price we'll see as reasonable.
yeah it’s just too bad for him that he plays at a position that just doesn’t demand top dollar. Although I truly believe that ANY team could sign him and their defense would immediately improve in all facets by a wide margin because he’s just that smart of a player. He does things that just don’t jump off the screen but make your defense way better

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
Bart Scott is ( ability wise) the 2nd best ILB we've had, followed by D.Smith and then CJ.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
On tape I didnt see mosely flash much this year. HIs highlight in the last game of the season is truthfully the only major play in coverage i can recall him making all year.
omg, watch @Edgar film cut ups on him. You can see him making sure everyone is in the right position. He was playing with a knee injury the first half of the year, then after the bye week he took off.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
basically i think we've seen the best of CJ mosely. I don't see him getting better..you don't pay someone whos at best going to remain above average top dollar.

ThatsMyJoeTerback

Ravens Ring of Honor
Part of me doesn't care if we overpay for Mosley. I just think he's too valuable. Best MLB in the AFC and we need a good communicator on defense, especially after Weddle's departure.

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
Brown traded to the Raiders makes me so happy.

No more KILLER B'S

Just Ben now lmfaoooo

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
omg, watch @Edgar film cut ups on him. You can see him making sure everyone is in the right position. He was playing with a knee injury the first half of the year, then after the bye week he took off.
I've been a good bit over the last day or so. I'll say this: The times you see Mosley himself out of position or in the wrong gap or fooled by misdirection are few and far between. Terrific diagnosis pre snap...high level football understanding. The whole football I.Q thing is slung around willy nilly as a descriptive but the more I watch him last year, the more impressed I am by his football acumen.

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
I've been a good bit over the last day or so. I'll say this: The times you see Mosley himself out of position or in the wrong gap or fooled by misdirection are few and far between. Terrific diagnosis pre snap...high level football understanding. The whole football I.Q thing is slung around willy nilly as a descriptive but the more I watch him last year, the more impressed I am by his football acumen.
Amen. Thanks Edgar

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
basically i think we've seen the best of CJ mosely. I don't see him getting better..you don't pay someone whos at best going to remain above average top dollar.
This is also what i believe.. this is the best he is
Gonna get. These new guys right now have already displayed crazy potential.. at the same time though, we arent risking anything by signing mosley like how we did with williams( hoping he turn into a pass rusher), jefferson( hoping he can play cvg and cover TE) and the rest of the bad contracts we gave out... still, idk if he worth the money..

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
The new guys are not half the player Mosley is, and if they develop maybe they be ome 2/3 the player. IF that happens in 2 years then you are only slightly worse off, but either way you are effectively throwing away being a contender for the next 2 years.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
The new guys are not half the player Mosley is, and if they develop maybe they be ome 2/3 the player. IF that happens in 2 years then you are only slightly worse off, but either way you are effectively throwing away being a contender for the next 2 years.
raquan smith and them boys from the cowboys look outstanding.when you say contending, do you mean SB? Cause if so i cant see that happening within 2yrs anyway.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I think we probably have 4 more good years of CJ, if he is resigned. Then his abilities will start to go downhill.

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
where did you see that - he hasnt posted that on twitter anywhere...
but if that's what he's looking for then good luck because there's no way he should or would get that anywhere around the league surely...
Rapaport said it somewhere but unfortunately I can't find it anymore.