• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Free Agency 2019

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
One thing we haven't really been talking about is the backup qb. On one hand I'd want to bring back RG3 but one the other hand he's likely demanding more than last season. Stidham could be a viable option in the latter rounds. Or is there a qb in fa I'm missing?

Simba

Staff Member
One thing we haven't really been talking about is the backup qb. On one hand I'd want to bring back RG3 but one the other hand he's likely demanding more than last season. Stidham could be a viable option in the latter rounds. Or is there a qb in fa I'm missing?

I'd be surprised if RG3 isn't back. He'll get more than the $1M he got last year, but he's not going to break the bank. With the reported rapport between the 2, I'd actually argue that he's a priority re-sign.

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
Honestly Trace Mcsorely strikes me as the kind of athlete who could run the offense as a a back up. Just not nearly enough arn strength

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Honestly Trace Mcsorely strikes me as the kind of athlete who could run the offense as a a back up. Just not nearly enough arn strength
Mcsorleys arm is so bad I don’t want him throwing for us, ever. Good athlete though.

Rg3 is the absolute best option imo, if we’re gonna go to the draft for a backup then Clayton Thorson is the only one I’d want to run this offense because he has enough of an arm and enough as a runner to at least be depended upon if needed, but thorson is likely a day 2 pick and im not willing to spend that.

I’d say take some of this cap space we have and make sure bob stays for at least a year or 2, if a team wants to pay him like a starter then obviously let him go, but otherwise I think he would be extremely valuable here, at least until lamar looks like he’s serious about protecting his body and begins to look more seasoned.

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
If we go for a qb in the draft, I would love Easton Stick from NDSU. Pro style experience, solid arm, very mobile so we can run the same type of offense, and a good leader. Also has big game experience.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
If we go for a qb in the draft, I would love Easton Stick from NDSU. Pro style experience, solid arm, very mobile so we can run the same type of offense, and a good leader. Also has big game experience.
Very, very inaccurate passer.
On the field he behaves like Mel Gibson in Conspiracy Theory.

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
I still think there is no way CJ walks. Tuesday night we'll hear a deal has been struck

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
Well there goes my hope for signing Carlos Hyde. Went to the chiefs on a 1yr 3mil deal

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor

Watched his semifinal game and unfortunately missed the championship but I was highly impressed. Threw nice touch passes and by what I seen was extremely accurate especially on leading receivers and of course this was only 1 game but it was a big one. Good runner but more like a tank than elusive. Kinda reminded me of Tebow. My worries would be his deep throws and his play action fakes weren't really fooling me. Not like the great master Lamar. I firmly believe we should draft a QB but not before the 5th imo and I'd be very happy with Stick. Like you said we wouldn't have to change anything on offense.

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
agree, but the tampering period is where things will get very interesting.

I'm wondering if agents actually lie to teams like trying to drive up price or whether that's too risky. Just like to be a fly on the wall to catch the shady action.

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
Watched his semifinal game and unfortunately missed the championship but I was highly impressed. Threw nice touch passes and by what I seen was extremely accurate especially on leading receivers and of course this was only 1 game but it was a big one. Good runner but more like a tank than elusive. Kinda reminded me of Tebow. My worries would be his deep throws and his play action fakes weren't really fooling me. Not like the great master Lamar. I firmly believe we should draft a QB but not before the 5th imo and I'd be very happy with Stick. Like you said we wouldn't have to change anything on offense.
I mentioned Stidham because I saw his pro day and I was impressed with his improved footwork and the throws he made. However I do question his knowledge of the game because of the limitations of Auburn's scheme.

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
I mentioned Stidham because I saw his pro day and I was impressed with his improved footwork and the throws he made. However I do question his knowledge of the game because of the limitations of Auburn's scheme.

Kind of confused lol I was talking about Easton Stick not Stidham but Stidham is solid. Wonder how he did on his interviews during the combine.