• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Free Agency 2019

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Like who calls our defence if CJ really does leave - and the longer time goes on the more likely that seems...
we dont have anyone obvious in house

Peanut's not right, Kenny's only a sophomore with less than a handful of starts - like maybe he progresses enough to take over playcalling but that's crazy, Jefferson im not sure is a playcaller either (maybe he is but ive not seen it) - and anyone we bring in will have to learn the scheme first

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
sadly it does look like we will not be in position to extend Mosley. In the near term this will hurt, no question, but in the long term it will definitely help to be able to extend other players that we have and sign other positions of need. Sorry to see you go C.J.

jboy19

Pro Bowler
I'll never get mad at a player for maximizing their paycheck in the NFL. I don't see anyway Mosley signs with a team for less than 16mil/yr.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Cant dish that out. Imagine Having to sign Humphrey in two years while you're having to pay Mosley at the same time

i mean good luck to him but that's just not tenable for us as a defence...

it does leave us missing now a load of starters on our defence:

1. FS - Weddle released
  2. ILB - CJ UFA (and between these 2 we've lost all our defensive playcallers)
  3. OLB - Terrell Suggs (our other defensive leader)
  4. DE - Brent Urban
that's 4 starters already and Jimmy Smith is not necessarily safe which would mean we lose a CB starter
and ZDS wasn't a starter on our defence but was our 3rd OLB

there's some obvious replacements for some of those spots: looks like the ravens are pretty confident elliott/clark can step up, and chris wormley is tailor-made to replace urban as the starter

i never foresaw this much turnover on our defence this offseason - we havent seen this kind of overhaul since 2013

JAAM

Hall of Famer

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
This Time last year, we tilted when no WR wanted to come here. Ended up signing Ryan grant lol. Let’s see how this is going to play out...

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
Cant dish that out. Imagine Having to sign Humphrey in two years while you're having to pay Mosley at the same time
Don't forget about Stanley. If Brown gets 66m imagine what Stanley will command. Yikes

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
By the time the Ravens are likely recovered from blowing the Mosley contract, it will be near end of Lamar's rookie deal so it will be time to pay him, the young defense will be significantly less so.

I just don't get how you are a contender NOW and throwing that away because it might help LATER IF you replace him is a sound decision.

He signs elsewhere, they aren't contending either of the next 2 seasons. There is just no one on the roster now or in draft who can replace him.

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
Kenny Young has a ton of potential. I don't feel great if we go into the season with just Young and Peanut, but Young is already better in coverage than Mosley is and just needs to work on the mental side and on his run defense. We could also take another ILB in the draft and likely will if Mosley leaves, as currently expected.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Being a UCLA guy, I absolutely love KY. I think the front office is extremely high on him.