• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Free Agency 2019

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
The QB and RB will likely not be important as to whether they contend.

The defense as is, is good enough that with 1 new S and resigning Mosley (maybe Urban to) that will be better than last year when they carried the team.

The offense just needs a C then they can resume pounding the rock to shorten games for the D to carry.
Im not sure I follow the first point you make

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
The QB and RB will likely not be important as to whether they contend.

The defense as is, is good enough that with 1 new S and resigning Mosley (maybe Urban to) that will be better than last year when they carried the team.

The offense just needs a C then they can resume pounding the rock to shorten games for the D to carry.
ok, anyone on the boards want to play QB for the Ravens. It's obviously not important at all

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Thats what I've been worried about. They have the money. I'll burn my Mosley jersey
lets start a bon fire. I've got one also. Then again pay him 30m per year for 5 yrs and lets see how long that cap space lasts.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
It’s not just letting CJ go. He’s a good player but it’s the identity shift. We finally have an identity again and it’s gone.

And the fact that Eric is an Ozzie disciple. Calling it now. It’s going to be another defensive draft in a year we need to build the offense to ensure our QB isn’t neglected. Lamar is going to get crushed and we’ll be in the same place as we’ve been for the past fucking decade.

I’m sick of this team’s outdated and ass backwards team building philosophy.

Eric better pull off some magical bullshit or the fan base is going to come for his throat hard.

redrum52

Hall of Famer
It’s not just letting CJ go. He’s a good player but it’s the identity shift. We finally have an identity again and it’s gone.

And the fact that Eric is an Ozzie disciple. Calling it now. It’s going to be another defensive draft in a year we need to build the offense to ensure our QB isn’t neglected. Lamar is going to get crushed and we’ll be in the same place as we’ve been for the past fucking decade.

Eric better pull off some magical bullshit or the fan base is going to come for his throat hard.

Simmer down and enjoy the ride.

jboy19

Pro Bowler

Would you pay 16mil to Mosley?

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
This isn’t about the fucking money either. Of course we are going for stop gap replacements that’ll fuck over our rollover cap instead of looking for long-term contributors in FA.

Of course we spend money on a TE in Boyle. We used a lot of our savings for Weddle to keep a blocking TE.

We better fucking hope we get some goddamn pass rushers at least.

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
eh?

QB is literally the biggest factor in whether a team wins or contends...

He is saying the QB needs to grow to contend, my position is that what he was last year was good enough to contend and improvement would be nice but the Ravens can contend with an upgrade S and C

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
ok, anyone on the boards want to play QB for the Ravens. It's obviously not important at all

I am not saying QB doesn't matter (hell I outright eliminatedhalf NFL most years becausethey lacked the guy) , only that both the QB and the RB the Ravens have as is is enough to contend

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
I’d give it some time. A lot can happen right now. Let’s see what we plan on doing in FA before panicking