• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Well-Mannered Politics Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
Welp, now to see what happens with these Syria strikes

Well it was another boom and out. Hopefully they get the messige now and that's 2 strikes. I'm glad Russia hasn't done anything besides run their mouths and kudos to the UK and France.

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
Trump is able to secure the release of three American prisoners. Usually its 5 terrorists for 1 American. The art of the deal. ;)

JO_75

Hall of Famer
High school in Texas.......

Sad thing is, all that will be talked about is gun control, and banning guns. When in reality, the shooter did this because he was bullied and picked on by students and even coaches at the school. Yep even adults bullied a kid.

52520Andrew

Pro Bowler
4 arrests made in response to officer being shot yesterday in Baltimore County. Now the Panama city situation. Was a shooting in Montgomery county at a home a couple weeks ago that killed 3.

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
R.I.P. Officer Amy Caprio. May God bless and comfort her family, friends, and fellow officers during this most difficult time. My heart is heavy.

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
now a middle school incident

by the way South Florida is on high alert over minor things now. Police and and armored vehicles being called to the scene. that happened yesterday

52520Andrew

Pro Bowler
Good to see the Oklahoma City shooting not end up as bad as it could have been. Still a sad state of affairs when we have to count on civilians to prevent tragedy

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
Good to see the Oklahoma City shooting not end up as bad as it could have been. Still a sad state of affairs when we have to count on civilians to prevent tragedy

Police cant be everywhere. Sometimes it takes a civilian.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
I'm going to put this here so politics don't interrupt the NFL News thread, but it seems sports talk has become nothing but political so does it matter?

Let me get this straight, Eagles players like Chris Long and Malcolm Jenkins and others who dislike Trump and want their voice to be heard.... specifically for Trump to hear them. Yet they turn down an opportunity to meet with him, talk with him and attempt to find a solution and start the healing process on this issue. That is so backward, yes they wanted Hillary to win and most likely would have indeed gone to the White House if she had won.

Now here they are voicing their issue with this new anthem policy which the NFL bungled the way the Browns do every year, but now they don't want their voice to be heard? Malcolm Jenkins is going off on Twitter but turns down an in person meeting with Trump where he and other Eagles players could have voiced their opinion to him IN PERSON and helped end all this non sense. I just don't get it, they had a perfect chance to meet with him and tell them how they feel, get to see why he feels the way he does and find a SOLUTION.

Then again, they have had all offseason to protest in their free time and get out in the communities and make the place better for everyone. Colin said he kneeled because of how cops were getting paid suspension/leave and basically getting away with murder hiding behind the badge. So why haven't any of these players talked to Police Chiefs/Commissioners to put an end to this and work on a SOLUTION.

These players are doing everything BUT finding a SOLUTION.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I'm going to put this here so politics don't interrupt the NFL News thread, but it seems sports talk has become nothing but political so does it matter?

Let me get this straight, Eagles players like Chris Long and Malcolm Jenkins and others who dislike Trump and want their voice to be heard.... specifically for Trump to hear them. Yet they turn down an opportunity to meet with him, talk with him and attempt to find a solution and start the healing process on this issue. That is so backward, yes they wanted Hillary to win and most likely would have indeed gone to the White House if she had won.

Now here they are voicing their issue with this new anthem policy which the NFL bungled the way the Browns do every year, but now they don't want their voice to be heard? Malcolm Jenkins is going off on Twitter but turns down an in person meeting with Trump where he and other Eagles players could have voiced their opinion to him IN PERSON and helped end all this non sense. I just don't get it, they had a perfect chance to meet with him and tell them how they feel, get to see why he feels the way he does and find a SOLUTION.

Then again, they have had all offseason to protest in their free time and get out in the communities and make the place better for everyone. Colin said he kneeled because of how cops were getting paid suspension/leave and basically getting away with murder hiding behind the badge. So why haven't any of these players talked to Police Chiefs/Commissioners to put an end to this and work on a SOLUTION.

Players have been campaigning all through the offseason and getting owner support on issues in their communities

And why do these nfl players have to take the high road when the main instigator of their villanisation is trump - and they don’t actually get the opportunity to properly talk and debate and lobby the president on these visits

Tru11

Practice Squad

Trump feels that these guys are sons of whores who should be banned by the NFL.

Not sure what makes you think that he is that guy that is going to listen to them and find a solution.
Dude cant even figure what the actual issue and why they are kneeling....

Im not even from the US and even i know that players have been meeting with Police Chiefs/Commissioners and such to discuss these things.

Its not the players job the find a solution cause they simply dont have the power to do so.
All they can do is raise awareness so that those that actually have the power can come up with a solution.

To bad those people and their followers (such as you) care more about WHAT they are doing rather then care about WHY they are doing it.....

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Trump feels that these guys are sons of whores who should be banned by the NFL.

Not sure what makes you think that he is that guy that is going to listen to them and find a solution.
Dude cant even figure what the actual issue and why they are kneeling....

Im not even from the US and even i know that players have been meeting with Police Chiefs/Commissioners and such to discuss these things.

Its not the players job the find a solution cause they simply dont have the power to do so.
All they can do is raise awareness so that those that actually have the power can come up with a solution.

To bad those people and their followers (such as you) care more about WHAT they are doing rather then care about WHY they are doing it.....

Malcolm Jenkins “interview” by his locker room is pretty amazing

Status
Not open for further replies.