• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Well-Mannered Politics Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
I read somewhere that if a woman gets raped and has an abortion she can now get punished more severely than the rapist. That's horrendous.

Even tho I'm pro life rape should not be excluded. It wasn't the womans choice to get impregnated. My stipulation tho would be there'd have to be a police report.

This issue should be 10th amendment. Period!!!. States decision not federal.

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
in georgia it is now a legal requirement for doctors to reinsert embryos into the uterus in cases of ectopic pregnancy (where the fertilised egg attaches outside the womb) - that medical procedure by the way doesnt even exist let alone the moral implications and psychological impact of such a procedure etc.

the whole thing is outrageous - basically in georgia a woman can miss the "abortion-deadline" because she's 2 weeks late on her period - and most doctors dont even allow patients to come in for scans because there'd be nothing to see until well after the deadline set by georgia now...

it's all horrendous - legislation that restricts the potential autonomy of half the population is inherently awful

Just to be curious how do you feel about NY's law. Up until dilation.No health problems. Just a decision. Va was even talking about after birth abortions.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
I read somewhere that if a woman gets raped and has an abortion she can now get punished more severely than the rapist. That's horrendous.

in georgia it is now a legal requirement for doctors to reinsert embryos into the uterus in cases of ectopic pregnancy (where the fertilised egg attaches outside the womb) - that medical procedure by the way doesnt even exist let alone the moral implications and psychological impact of such a procedure etc.

the whole thing is outrageous - basically in georgia a woman can miss the "abortion-deadline" because she's 2 weeks late on her period - and most doctors dont even allow patients to come in for scans because there'd be nothing to see until well after the deadline set by georgia now...

it's all horrendous - legislation that restricts the potential autonomy of half the population is inherently awful

My goodness........ we are literally going backwards in the United States instead of forward. The choice should always be up to the Woman, not be made for her by people who are literally out of touch with society.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Just to be curious how do you feel about NY's law. Up until dilation.No health problems. Just a decision. Va was even talking about after birth abortions.

Just so we’re clear - there is no such thing as an after birth abortion - that’s political and evangelical scare-mongering

Also you’ve misinterpreted that NY law - it is very specific that the lateness of those abortions is in cases when necessary to protect the woman’s life or health or when theres no fetal viability - that’s it

To be completely clear in general: I’m against any laws that restrict the autonomy of women and pro any laws that decriminalise what’s clearly a women’s health issue and not anything to do with men at all

flynismo

Practice Squad
My goodness........ we are literally going backwards in the United States instead of forward. The choice should always be up to the Woman, not be made for her by people who are literally out of touch with society.
If abortion is going to be allowed, it should be with the mutual consent of the man and woman. Not just the woman.

flynismo

Practice Squad
It’s got nothing to do with the man - he doesn’t have to grow a human inside him for 9 months
Yeah, it's only his kid, why should he have a say in whether someone terminates the life of his child? The mother doesn't get to kill a baby just because it's inconvenient, as if she didn't know what happens when you have sex.
It's one thing if the pregnancy presents medical concerns to the mother. It's something else entirely if it's just because the two of them couldn't be bothered to use birth control.

Last edited:

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Yeah, it's only his kid, why should he have a say in whether someone terminates the life of his child? The mother doesn't get to kill a baby just because it's inconvenient, as if she didn't know what happens when you have sex.
It's one thing if the pregnancy presents medical concerns to the mother. It's something else entirely if it's just because the two of them couldn't be bothered to use birth control.

Right but the child’s not a child at the point that we’re talking about abortion

And you’re putting all the blame there on women but the man is equally culpable but takes on none of the responsibility of the pregnancy or faces any of the challenges of the pregnancy

flynismo

Practice Squad
Right but the child’s not a child at the point that we’re talking about abortion

And you’re putting all the blame there on women but the man is equally culpable but takes on none of the responsibility of the pregnancy or faces any of the challenges of the pregnancy

The child is a living, breathing human being from the moment of conception. That is not a matter of opinion or debate, that is what science tells us.
I'm certainly not putting all the blame on women. I just got done saying "just because the two of them couldn't be bothered to use birth control" meaning they are both responsible for her getting pregnant, and I said that if abortions are going to be allowed, it should be with both the man and woman's consent, which forces them both to be accountable for the child.
At any rate, if a woman can't be bothered with the responsiblities or challenges of pregnancy, guess what? They make condoms, pills, shots, etc precisely for that reason. Aside from the rare event of birth control failing, there's no excuse for an unwanted pregnancy. Well, there is an excuse; it's called being irresponsible, but that's hardly a good one.

Last edited:

redrum52

Hall of Famer
The child is a living, breathing human being from the moment of conception. That is not a matter of opinion or debate, that is what science tells us.
I'm certainly not putting all the blame on women. I just got done saying "just because the two of them couldn't be bothered to use birth control" meaning they are both responsible for her getting pregnant, and I said that if abortions are going to be allowed, it should be with both the man and woman's consent, which forces them both to be accountable for the child.
At any rate, if a woman can't be bothered with the responsiblities or challenges of pregnancy, guess what? They make condoms, pills, shots, etc precisely for that reason. Aside from the rare event of birth control failing, there's no excuse for an unwanted pregnancy. Well, there is an excuse; it's called being irresponsible, but that's hardly a good one.

That condom is drawer is REALLY far sometimes, though...

52520Andrew

Pro Bowler
That clump of cells as it first starts out is living and breathing? How so?

Status
Not open for further replies.