• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Well-Mannered Politics Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
The strategy is simple. Their strategy? Monkey see, monkey do. They saw Kim Jong Un's unapologetic strong man tactics get him Trump's respect and two summit meetings. The Iranians are betting that by acting like a rogue nation with a strong man Ayotollah, Trump will admire him and befriend him as well. They've seen this work with Putin, MBR, Kim Jong Un, and the Turkish President. So since America reacts well to strong men and dictatorial regimes, they (Iran) are taking a swing at it! Again only my opinion which you may or may not agree with but it sure is my considered opinion. However Trump may act or behave one thing I am certain he's not is a war monger. He doesn't like war. He just likes to rule by division and chaos.

While you may be right you do realize no sanctions have been lifted and no deals have been made with N Korea until we get a fair deal. You can see the Chinese also backtracked out of a previous deal involving the tariffs. Trump is not going to take a deal just to take a deal. One thing I can promise is we're not throwing 150 billion at Iran and we gonna be inspecting all facilities if there is an agreement and I have no problem if in the future they have dialogue even tho I'm sure it will be spun in the reporting of it.

Ruling by division and chaos?? Ok. Whatever.

flynismo

Practice Squad
I already gave you a reference, you don't get it because you don't want to lol

Look up who Richard Spencer is. Understands what he stands for. He is credited for creating the term "Alt-Right"

At the time he was a huge supporter of Trumps, and claimed that Trumps message fit his. What is key here is "at the time"

It was at one of his speeches that the images of a vehicle driving into counter protesters came from.

One of the meanings of empower is to make (someone) stronger and more confident, especially in controlling their life and claiming their rights.

Guys like Spencer jump on some of this stuff. That is what I am saying by empower. Unfortunately, some friends of mine have been approached by some men and told to go back to Africa on different occasions. Sounds far fetched, but it's the truth.

Trump is not racist, he is a dick head who should be mindful of what he says considering that he holds the strongest VISIBILE seat in the United States. I never want to see my president punching down.
It's shitty people said that to your friends. It isn't far fetched at all. That phrase has been used for many decades, and isn't going away any time soon.
The problem isn't what Trump said. The problem is A) as usual, the media selected those very specific words without the rest of his sentence, in order to spin a narrative and B) the dumb schmucks who see racism in anything and everything. Not directed at you, a general question here...what exactly is racist about telling people who do nothing but bitch and complain about America to "go back where they came from and fix their own countries so they can do the same here"? Why not just address the point Trump made rather than try to turn it into something it isn't?

flynismo

Practice Squad
lol.....He's too over the top with the twitter shit for my taste. I prefer a bit of humility while there's an ass kicking in progress.
Normally I'd agree with you. But after years of this anti-America BS, getting stoked by Obama and his apology tours no less, I feel like now is a damn good time to remind the world who the alpha is on the block and who is giving handouts to the rest of the world on our dime. He should tone down the aggression once we get a little appreciation everything this great country does for the rest of the planet. JMO

flynismo

Practice Squad
The strategy is simple. Their strategy? Monkey see, monkey do. They saw Kim Jong Un's unapologetic strong man tactics get him Trump's respect and two summit meetings. The Iranians are betting that by acting like a rogue nation with a strong man Ayotollah, Trump will admire him and befriend him as well. They've seen this work with Putin, MBR, Kim Jong Un, and the Turkish President. So since America reacts well to strong men and dictatorial regimes, they (Iran) are taking a swing at it! Again only my opinion which you may or may not agree with but it sure is my considered opinion. However Trump may act or behave one thing I am certain he's not is a war monger. He doesn't like war. He just likes to rule by division and chaos.

I was with you until that very last sentence.
I get it, the left portrays him as, well, every insult in the book. But the rest of us view him as a person who is giving his all to be a unifier.

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
It's shitty people said that to your friends. It isn't far fetched at all. That phrase has been used for many decades, and isn't going away any time soon.
The problem isn't what Trump said. The problem is A) as usual, the media selected those very specific words without the rest of his sentence, in order to spin a narrative and B) the dumb schmucks who see racism in anything and everything. Not directed at you, a general question here...what exactly is racist about telling people who do nothing but [profanity deleted] and complain about America to "go back where they came from and fix their own countries so they can do the same here"? Why not just address the point Trump made rather than try to turn it into something it isn't?

Because if I was racist, this is something that I always wanted to say. Especially "go back where you came from"

You and I understand what he is saying. However, is it logical to think that one race doesn't deserve rights etc? Of course not.

In order to understand people like this, you need to acknowledge of illogical their actions are. Look at the kid who shot up the Black Church. Just simply because they are black people. He even spoke about how nice they were to him. Nothing, absolutely nothing, is logical about shit like this.

There are people who hold views like this around this country especially certain areas. The same way an individual can take what Trump said out of context and make him look like an idiot is the same way these people look at him and rejoice with the message. It's similar, not the same however.

Again, I would like my president to have a certain class when speaking to America. There are a lot of people here and no idea is unanimous no matter how egregious to you and I.

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
I was with you until that very last sentence.
I get it, the left portrays him as, well, every insult in the book. But the rest of us view him as a person who is giving his all to be a unifier.
The left portrays him as what? Really? This is still the same man that called networks as somebody else praising Trump! His lies are beyond argument at this point right? It's not the left making false claims dear sir, it's the simple and unadulterated truth.

What do you mean the rest of us? We're all Americans! There is no left and right ( irony intended of course) because your statement exemplifies the division we have in this country exasperated by divisive rhetoric. You are a brother as a fellow Ravens fan but I vehemently disagree with you politically.

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
In other news, Puerto Ricans flooded the highways in protest against (D) Ricardo Rosselló

People were saying at the ground level that he is worse than Trump after leaked conversation revealed just how they denigrated their opponents, insulted women and gay people, made light of Hurricane Maria’s dead and revealed potentially criminal behavior by his administration.

Tisk tisk.

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
In other news, Puerto Ricans flooded the highways in protest against (D) Ricardo Rosselló

People were saying at the ground level that he is worse than Trump after leaked conversation revealed just how they denigrated their opponents, insulted women and [profanity deleted] people, made light of Hurricane Maria’s dead and revealed potentially criminal behavior by his administration.

Tisk tisk.
You do realize by saying this dude is worse than Trump, you inadvertently imply Trump is bad right?

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Looks like this whole thing with Trump and the "send them back" chants are about to blow up in the Democrats face. IIhan Omar's tax filings may have been done illegally violating tax laws. I guess breaking laws are ok if your Democrats, send her to jail. This is why Trump will win 2020 as well, America is tired of the double standard of the law breaking democrats.

https://news.yahoo.com/ilhan-omar-tax-filings-draw-161124650.html

https://news.yahoo.com/ilhan-omar-marriage-smear-went-084303668.html

Last edited:

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
Looks like this whole thing with Trump and the "send them back" chants are about to blow up in the Democrats face. IIhan Omar's tax filings may have been done illegally violating tax laws. I guess breaking laws are ok if your Democrats, send her to jail. This is why Trump will win 2020 as well, America is tired of the double standard of the law breaking democrats.

https://news.yahoo.com/ilhan-omar-tax-filings-draw-161124650.html

https://news.yahoo.com/ilhan-omar-marriage-smear-went-084303668.html

So what you're saying is

NOTHING WILL HAPPEN

JO_75

Hall of Famer
So what you're saying is

NOTHING WILL HAPPEN

Exactly, because like Hillary they will act like she didn't break a law and cover it up. It's funny hearing the Mueller testimony and he said nobody is above the law, yet they put Hilary anove the law to cover up deleted emails.

We need a Big Bang in our government and start over from the beginning if we will ever fix this country.

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
Exactly, because like Hillary they will act like she didn't break a law and cover it up. It's funny hearing the Mueller testimony and he said nobody is above the law, yet they put Hilary anove the law to cover up deleted emails.

We need a Big Bang in our government and start over from the beginning if we will ever fix this country.

that is the issue though, it won't happen. Too much money and friends involved. If they aren't now, they all use to be in bed with each other.

Trump this, Trump that, Bush this, Bush that, Obama this, Obama that......

To me it is a joke. Picking a side doesn't matter (except Hillary, I really dislike Hillary)

flynismo

Practice Squad
The left portrays him as what?

Racist, xenophobe, sexist, homophobe, bigot, war mongering, heartless, fascist, I mean just name an -ist or a -phobe and they try to portray him as one. He is none of those things.

He IS a cheating pig of a husband. He lies and exaggerates like all presidents have done. He's an obnoxious boor. There's plenty of thing that you can truthfully deride him for. So why make shit up?

What do you mean the rest of us? We're all Americans! There is no left and right ( irony intended of course) because your statement exemplifies the division we have in this country exasperated by divisive rhetoric. You are a brother as a fellow Ravens fan but I vehemently disagree with you politically.

Of course we're all americans. By "the rest of us" I am talking about anyone who isn't a leftist, because there is indeed a 'left' and a 'right'.
This isn't "divisive rhetoric" coming from me, this is me pointing out the divisive rhetoric that the media spews on a daily basis.

52520Andrew

Pro Bowler
The problem isn't what Trump said. The problem is A) as usual, the media selected those very specific words without the rest of his sentence, in order to spin a narrative and B) the dumb schmucks who see racism in anything and everything. Not directed at you, a general question here...what exactly is racist about telling people who do nothing but [profanity deleted] and complain about America to "go back where they came from and fix their own countries so they can do the same here"? Why not just address the point Trump made rather than try to turn it into something it isn't?
I view it as a cop out, simple as that. Won't get into race

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
Sooooooo..................this Trump/Russia still a thing?

*runs*

raw.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.