• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Well-Mannered Politics Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
You can't make any conclusions on the actual dates the border was closed - it's about what happened prior to that and how is situation developing in any given case.

This is what NZ did (Ministry of Health, not PM): https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/he...irus-understanding-new-zealands-covid19-curve

Due to immense difference in circumstances (size, numbers, etc...), I argue that US should have done much more, much earlier and actually tried to enforce some of the measures. Would it work? Who knows, probably not but it might have given people a fighting chance by slowing down a spread. Lot of people still don't realise the seriousness of the situation.

And for the record - I certainly do not put NZ PM on a pedestal and repeat - I wanted a lockdown earlier. And I never voted Labour / left in my life but am sure as hell thankful they happened to be in government right now. I have a hunch National party's priorities would have been different.

Its really not easy to close borders to allies and it seems Trump was the 1st one which a lot of countries followed suit. Right now what I know they had quarantine shelters right next to the airports and kept people on cruise ships following the China travel ban. There was a grade A effort imo but it still spread. Could we have started social distancing and self isolation earlier? Sure but really hindsight is 20/20. These are decisions that cant be taken lightly.

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
Its really not easy to close borders to allies and it seems Trump was the 1st one which a lot of countries followed suit. Right now what I know they had quarantine shelters right next to the airports and kept people on cruise ships following the China travel ban. There was a grade A effort imo but it still spread. Could we have started social distancing and self isolation earlier? Sure but really hindsight is 20/20. These are decisions that cant be taken lightly.

I think it was crystal clear that we should have taken this much more serious early on. It really didn't take much for me to see that. As to who is it fault? Everyone. These decisions or lack thereof ALWAYS take too long.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
I think it was crystal clear that we should have taken this much more serious early on. It really didn't take much for me to see that. As to who is it fault? Everyone. These decisions or lack thereof ALWAYS take too long.
This is a compilation vomit spewed b liars and crooks in the media and US government between late Feb and mid March when thousands of people around the world died already.

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
This is a compilation vomit spewed b liars and crooks in the media and US government between late Feb and mid March when thousands of people around the world died already.

Lol the edited clips again. I mean I can show a bunch about NY politicians telling everybody to go about their business as usual up until mid march.Clips of Biden knocking Trump about his China travel ban in other words it'd be a lot worse with him as prez. Then I watch the dems put a bunch of junk in the stimulus package like all kinds of money for the arts. But why show all this? Hell it wasnt even deemed a global pandemic until March 11 so give it a rest man. We have a lot to fight thru here and there's blame that goes all around.

This is what Americans really think. Dwell on that for awhile.

https://news.gallup.com/poll/203207/trump-job-approval-weekly.aspx

60% approval rating of his handling of the coronavirus.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Lol the edited clips again. I mean I can show a bunch about NY politicians telling everybody to go about their business as usual up until mid march.Clips of Biden knocking Trump about his China travel ban in other words it'd be a lot worse with him as prez. Then I watch the dems put a bunch of junk in the stimulus package like all kinds of money for the arts. But why show all this? Hell it wasnt even deemed a global pandemic until March 11 so give it a rest man. We have a lot to fight thru here and there's blame that goes all around.

This is what Americans really think. Dwell on that for awhile.

https://news.gallup.com/poll/203207/trump-job-approval-weekly.aspx

60% approval rating of his handling of the coronavirus.
I am not advocating pro anybody, only pointing out that thousands so far did not have to die. It doesn't matter it's edited - the context is clear any way you look at it - they were lying then and are still lying about how "they were always taking the threat seriously.

60% approval rating for him should be much more disturbing to you than me.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
People can blame Trump for not being more prepared, but according to the World Health Organization there was nothing to worry about because Chinese Officials said there was no evidence of human to human transmission of the virus. So China LIED and because of that, their body count is massive. If they were honest from the start, we could have been more prepared and saved thousands of lives.

WHO Tweet:

https://www.thenation.com/article/world/taiwan-who-coronavirus-china/

Last edited:

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
People can blame Trump for not being more prepared, but according to the World Health Organization there was nothing to worry about because Chinese Officials said there was no evidence of human to human transmission of the virus. So China LIED and because of that, their body count is massive. If they were honest from the start, we could have been more prepared and saved thousands of lives.

WHO Tweet:

https://www.thenation.com/article/world/taiwan-who-coronavirus-china/

BS.

He kept on blatantly lying even in March, when the entire world saw what's going on in Europe. He is still lying about what he was saying just 3 weeks ago. It's all over fucking Internet, how can you not see that? And what reason would he have to trust anything Chinese said? When exactly he or anybody else in US believed China at any point in history to use this as an excuse?

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
I am not advocating pro anybody, only pointing out that thousands so far did not have to die. It doesn't matter it's edited - the context is clear any way you look at it - they were lying then and are still lying about how "they were always taking the threat seriously.

60% approval rating for him should be much more disturbing to you than me.

These people are who the finger should be pointed at. You know the thousands that died. China and the WHO.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2020/feb/9/millions-left-wuhan-china-coronavirus-quarantine/

Trump didnt take this serious? Created a coronavirus task force Jan 29 and banned travel from China on Jan30 while also declaring a public health emergency which is in the link below.

https://www.npr.org/sections/health...-health-emergency-and-restricts-travel-from-c

There were immediate quarantines right next to airports upon arrival and confinements on cruise ships and other places. I said this earlier but I guess I gotta repeat. Trump has also given strong leeway to governors which is the way it should be. The federal govt here is supposed to support.

When you sit there and llook at your montage the 1st death in the US happened in late Feb and the totals were still extremely low in early March. Even the death rate in Italy was really starting to go up in early March and a global pandemic wasnt issued until March 11. When you're sitting there pointing out Hannity he was bitching about the overstocking that people were doing mainly cuz of social media hype not that covid-19 is not serious. You didnt watch the episode so you had no idea why he was saying what he did in the first place. As for the rest pretty much comparing covid-19 with the flu. What are the symptoms? What are the death rates? Covid-19 is higher but still very low. In fact flus are pretty deadly too. In fact the flu is higher than covid-19 right now in the USA and this article was on Mar 25th. 23 thousand deaths just this year.

https://www.livescience.com/new-coronavirus-compare-with-flu.html

Last edited:

JO_75

Hall of Famer
BS.

He kept on blatantly lying even in March, when the entire world saw what's going on in Europe. He is still lying about what he was saying just 3 weeks ago. It's all over fucking Internet, how can you not see that? And what reason would he have to trust anything Chinese said? When exactly he or anybody else in US believed China at any point in history to use this as an excuse?

I take it you vote Blue based off your response so let me ask you this. Were you ok with the fact the democrats delayed the bill in order to add unnecessary fluff to the bill that had nothing to do with the virus and the reason the bill was needed? As an American tax payer and Democrat Voter, are you ok with your own party writing a NEW BILL that would give illegals access to the same stimulus package that not even every American is going to get?

I know in this thread it would seem I'm a Trump supporter or vote Republican but I am an Independent with no ties to any party. I'm just trying to figure out how you can't see the hypocrisy of your own party that cares more for non-citizens then their own supporters like yourself, or any US citizen. If the Republicans in 2008 or 2012 played the same games the Democrats are playing now, I would be just as mad at the Republican party as I am with the Democrats. I just wish we could get Republicans & Democrats on the same page for the better good of the country, instead of this bickering nonsense that only hurts the United States.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
I take it you vote Blue based off your response so let me ask you this. Were you ok with the fact the democrats delayed the bill in order to add unnecessary fluff to the bill that had nothing to do with the virus and the reason the bill was needed? As an American tax payer and Democrat Voter, are you ok with your own party writing a NEW BILL that would give illegals access to the same stimulus package that not even every American is going to get?

I know in this thread it would seem I'm a Trump supporter or vote Republican but I am an Independent with no ties to any party. I'm just trying to figure out how you can't see the hypocrisy of your own party that cares more for non-citizens then their own supporters like yourself, or any US citizen. If the Republicans in 2008 or 2012 played the same games the Democrats are playing now, I would be just as mad at the Republican party as I am with the Democrats. I just wish we could get Republicans & Democrats on the same page for the better good of the country, instead of this bickering nonsense that only hurts the United States.
I am not American (I would have thought you'd know that after almost 10 years on these forums).
As far as "undocumented" immigrants go - lot of people live in the US for years, paying taxes while working the low paying jobs nobody else wants to do. Clearly, it's acceptable for IRS/govt, so yes - their portion of tax dollar does entitle them to the portion of the available assistance in my view.

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
I am not American (I would have thought you'd know that after almost 10 years on these forums).
As far as "undocumented" immigrants go - lot of people live in the US for years, paying taxes while working the low paying jobs nobody else wants to do. Clearly, it's acceptable for IRS/govt, so yes - their portion of tax dollar does entitle them to the portion of the available assistance in my view.

While you are right in a lot of ways most undocumented immigrants dont. Everybody pays gas and sales ( in the states that have it ) but these are nessassary purchases just to survive. When it comes to federal,state and local taxes most dont with the exception of work visa related jobs and then its cuz they have to since its reported income. A lot of the bulk of the income thats reported on ITIN's come from the tech field that import people mainly from India but also other countries but also of course low level jobs like crab picking ( Md based ) and agri work. Thing is a lot of this is seasonal. Also I would believe students that come over to our universities ( a lot of them taxpayer funded ) that do sidework may report their income but not always. The bottomline is the bulk and I would say at least 80% if not more do not pay these taxes.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
New York Post defending Trump? Yep this virus has done some wacky stuff. NY Post basically explains in much better detail about how China & WHO essentially worked together to hide how serious the virus was. China firing doctors if anyone told the truth about the virus? This in the sense of the law, is almost equal to conspiracy to commit a crime, in this case mass murders.

China committed unforgivable sins of commission, affirmatively lying about the outbreak and punishing doctors and disappearing journalists who told the truth, whereas the WHO committed sins of omission — it lacked independence and courage at a moment of great consequence.

In effect, China and the WHO worked together to expose the rest of the world to the virus, at the same time they downplayed its dangers.

https://nypost.com/2020/04/10/trump-is-totally-right-to-slam-the-world-health-organization/

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
New York Post defending Trump? Yep this virus has done some wacky stuff. NY Post basically explains in much better detail about how China & WHO essentially worked together to hide how serious the virus was. China firing doctors if anyone told the truth about the virus? This in the sense of the law, is almost equal to conspiracy to commit a crime, in this case mass murders.

https://nypost.com/2020/04/10/trump-is-totally-right-to-slam-the-world-health-organization/
It's the Chinese government. What tf did you expect? It's not an accident that those videos of those Hong Kong protesters singing the National Anthem waving the American flag exist.

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor

Has anybody tried to point out to him the amount of humiliation and ridicule he brings on entire country?

Man your boy cant even get the quote right. Its really sad.

To anybody else watch the press briefings and get the truth.

And whats even worst is we fund the W.H.O way more than anybody else. Double more than China. We cant be the worlds bank account. We've made progress but not enough. BUY AMERICAN or at least an allie.

https://www.who.int/about/finances-accountability/funding/AC_Status_Report_2020.pdf?ua=1

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
do you not understand why what trump said in that clip is stupid?

Could care less. He has spoken how many hours on this subject and only a couple minutes can be nitpicked? He did not say anti-antibiotic which was the only strange thing he would have said like the idiot poster said he did. Fake news. He's always had a strange way with words but its his actions that are the most important. As I said watch the press briefings instead of little edited clips to get the real truth.

An example which you guys never see I'm sure.

Do you guys ever hear anything positive? And you dont question it if you dont? You guys dont even hear stuff about the nice things he's said about some of our liberal governors like Gavin Newsom. Cuz it doesnt fit the narrative.

Status
Not open for further replies.